Chapter 185 - Cherry Enters The Grand Manor

His question stunned Joel. “What?”

Pete glanced at a cowering Mia and said sincerely, “She likes dancing very much. Restricting a child’s hobbies and interests is not something that a good father does.”

“…”

Seeing that Joel’s expression had tensed up and that he wasn’t speaking, Tanya beckoned to Pete and said, “Come on down now.”

Pete hopped off the car.

The two of them entered the Andersons’ villa hand in hand.

The car door slowly closed as they disappeared at the door. When the car started once more, Joel finally looked at Mia.

He beckoned to Mia, who went over to him docilely at once. She tried to please him and said cautiously, “Mia doesn’t like dancing, Daddy…”

Her eyes flickered as she spoke, and there was a bit of panic in them.

Joel’s heart ached for some reason. He asked, “Was it your mother who forbade you from learning how to dance, Mia?”

Mia nodded, but then shook her head again. In the end, she lowered her head and said uneasily, “Mommy said that Daddy hates someone who dances, and told me not to learn to dance. Don’t worry, Daddy, Mia won’t dance!”

Her words made Joel’s eyes widen in shock.

Joel had always wanted to know Mia’s interests and preferences while she was growing up, but he found that everything that the girl liked to eat and play with were all things that he liked.

He had always thought that she had inherited those traits from him.

Little did he expect that they were actually all a result of Hillary’s training?

Joel’s expression darkened. “Daddy doesn’t dislike dancing.”

Mia’s eyes lit up at once, and she asked, “Then can Mia learn to dance with Ms. Turner?”

Joel looked at her. His jaw tensed up as he asked, “Do you like Ms. Turner very much, Mia?”

Mia gave him a timid smile and replied, “Yeah.”

She lowered her head and twiddled her thumbs as she said, “Ms. Turner dances really beautifully, yeah. I secretly watched her a few times. She also really likes to smile. I like her very much… But Mommy doesn’t like Ms. Turner…”

She looked rather depressed at this point. Then, she added, “Besides, Ms. Turner also doesn’t like Mia.”

The disappointed girl said, “She refused to teach me today.”

Tanya had refused to teach her… It must be because she really didn’t want to have anything to do with him, right?

Joel’s long, slender fingers balled up slightly, and the look in his eyes turned even frostier than before. He rubbed Mia’s head gently. After a short silence, he said, “It’s okay. I’ll think of something if you want to learn dancing.”

At the Andersons’.

Nora had just come out of the bath when Pete got home. The woman, who was wearing a silk nightgown, let out a lazy yawn and collapsed onto the bed.

Pete greeted her. “Hi, Mommy.”

Nora waved and said, “Yeah. Do your homework yourself.”

“Okay.”

Pete went to the study after that. Nora was about to go to bed when her cell phone suddenly rang. Cherry’s young and tender voice rang out on the phone when she answered the call.