Chapter 171 - Henry Smith's Fate

Henry was utterly stunned when he heard what the lawyer said. “We agreed back then that the villa will be mine as long as I make sure she’s alive, and she’s alive and well right now! You can’t take back the villa!”

The two lawyers looked at each other.

“We wouldn’t know anything about that. However, we have gone through all the procedures legally, and Ms. Smith has the final say with regard to the villa!”

Henry was dumbfounded.

He simply couldn’t believe that this could happen. He grabbed the contract from the lawyer and read it carefully.

Sure enough, in the contract he had signed was a clause that stated that once Nora came of age, she would have the right to decide whether or not to take back ownership of the villa.

In other words, if he treated Nora alright, she wouldn’t take back the villa.

But if he didn’t, then Yvette would have a backup plan for her!

Henry was so furious that he whipped out his cell phone and called Nora right away. “You no-good daughter! How can you treat me like this when I brought you up until you were 18 years old! That villa is mine! Your mother said that as long as you’re alive, the villa will remain mine!”

Nora’s voice was very low and deep, and also tinged with sinister ruthlessness as she said, “If you hadn’t buried my son alive, perhaps I would have given you the villa.”

Her words stunned Henry. “H-how did you know?”

Wendy was the only person whom he had told. He had never told anyone else about it. How did she know about it?

Henry was completely unaware that she had already hacked into his cell phone’s operating system when they were on the phone previously, and could monitor their conversations in real-time.

A mocking Nora replied, “What do you think?”

Henry suddenly looked at Wendy—he suspected that she was the one who had told Nora about it. However, this wasn’t the time to be pursuing such things. He yelled furiously, “Nora, our family of three grew up in that villa! We are its true owners! Do you think you’ll have a home just because you’ve taken the villa? Dream on! Even if we lose the villa, you’ll still be all alone, whereas the three of us are a family!”

“Is that so?” Nora drawled, “Then I hope your family of three will stay together forever?”

Henry, “?”

When he wanted to say something, the other party hung up on him.

Henry, “…”

The two lawyers were just there to notify him about the villa’s ownership. They didn’t need his consent to take it back. Since they had fulfilled their duty, the two of them left.

Henry plopped down on the sofa after they left.

Wendy and Angela exchanged a look and then looked at Henry. Wendy asked carefully, “Henry, the villa…”

“We won’t be able to get the villa back anymore! This is New York, where the Andersons are a big family with a big business. If we fight it out with her, we’ll definitely be the ones to lose out in the end!”

Henry’s brows drew together. “Forget it, let’s go back to California for now. Take out all the valuable things you’ve bought over the years and sell them as soon as possible. The money should be enough for the three of us to survive, right?”

The company had an annual income of five million dollars. After receiving the money, Henry would always buy Wendy handbags and jewelry, as well as various luxury goods for Angela.