Chapter 63 - The Carefree Pill Belongs to the Andersons!

"What?"

All of them were astounded.

Even Simon, Sheena, and Melissa felt like they must have misheard her, not to mention Deputy Dean Lucas. After all, the place was noisy and everyone was basically only talking about the Carefree Pill.

Deputy Dean Lucas was the first to recover. "What did you say? Are you kidding me?"

However, something seemed to click in Melissa's mind and she whispered, "Nora, do you have the Carefree Pill formula? I get it now! Your mother must have left it for you?!"

She had vaguely heard her husband mention before that Nora's mother was the one who had developed the Carefree Pill back then!

Nora nodded. "Yeah. I've already given it to Sheril. I reckon that we'll be able to commence mass production in a couple of days."

She had thought that everyone would be excited after she said that, but Simon's jaw was tense and he didn't say anything.

Sheena's brows drew together tightly. "Don't talk nonsense outside when the product hasn't been finished yet. As expected, a child like you is simply unreliable. You can't keep yourself calm and steady at all!"

The look in Nora's eyes turned a little cold.

Wasn't her second aunt being a little too hostile to her?

The thought had only just formed when Simon lowered his voice and said, "Nora, your mom only managed to make the Carefree Pills by coincidence back then, and even so, only a batch of five pills was successfully produced. The manufacturing process is a bit complicated and the success rate is extremely low. This is also the reason why the Carefree Pills hadn't been popularized back then. Even with the formula, it'll be difficult for us to mass produce it…"

At the sight of the awful looks on Simon and Sheena's faces, Deputy Dean Lucas sneered, "Tsk. Are you lusting for the Carefree Pill just because you saw that Mr. Myers has one? If the Carefree Pill was something that any Tom, Dick, or Harry could make, Mr. Myers wouldn't be treating the one he has as the treasure of his shop!"

Not far away, another loud laugh reached them. Everyone looked over to see Jon and Joel walking out together.

A relaxed look came over Jon's features after he laughed. He said, "That settles it then, Mr. Smith!"

Joel looked rather disappointed—it seemed like the talk just now hadn't gone too well. After nodding, he walked to the side with flagging interest and his interest in the conference became rather lackluster.

Nora watched him.

Joel's eyes were downcast at the moment and he had lost the warm smile he had just now. Perhaps because he was thinking of his uncle's condition, there was some sorrow and melancholy on his handsome and elegant visage.

… It was rather heart-wrenching to see him like that.

Nora found herself taken aback at the thought.

She had always been an apathetic person who'd rather make fewer friends if she could get more sleep in return. The empathy she felt today came rather inexplicably.

She shook her head, discarding the thoughts in her mind.

Someone nearby asked Jon, "Didn't Mr. Smith buy the pill?"

Jon sighed and replied, "The pill actually doesn't hold much use for Mr. Smith's condition. He's in poor health and needs regular nourishment to nurse his health. A pill is of little use to him."

Everyone understood now.

The Carefree Pill might be a lifesaver for others, but in the case of Ian whose bodily functions were barely supporting him, they needed one Carefree Pill per day to slowly nurse him back to health.