Chapter 132 - Mommy, Don't Leave Me...

"Hey? Hey!"

The kindergarten fell into chaos. Tanya picked up Mia and ran straight to the school doctor's office. She called out to Mia as she ran, but the girl didn't react.

Tanya felt as if her heart had stopped beating.

For some reason, the little life in her arms made her feel like crying, but she didn't dare to think too much about it. When she reached the school doctor's office, upon examining Mia, the school doctor found out that she was having an allergic reaction, so they rushed her to the hospital immediately.

As Tanya was the first to find out that she had fainted, she had to follow them to the hospital so that she could explain the situation to the doctor. Thus, she went along with them.

They went to the A&E department. The doctor turned to Tanya with a frown after he examined Mia and reprimanded her.. He said, "This child has a mango allergy. As her mother, how can you be so negligent?"

Tanya was taken aback.

Her colleague, the school doctor, standing next to her wanted to explain, but the doctor was too busy. He snapped, "Why are you still prattling on here? Hurry and put her on an IV drip! Mango allergies are no joke!"

The school doctor panicked when he heard that it was a serious condition.

Mia was the very life of the head of the Smiths. Should anything happen to her in school, they would be in trouble!

After the doctor prescribed Mia some medicine, the nurse took them to the room next door and hooked the girl up on an IV drip. As the hospital was overloaded, there weren't any beds available. Tanya had no choice but to put her on her lap and hold her while they sat in the room.

It was relatively cold in New York at the moment. On top of that, little Mia was also very weak right now. The IV fluids entered her body through the needle in her hand, making her little hands icy-cold.

Tanya held her little hands and warmed her with her own.

Ms. Lynn, who had also come with them, paced back and forth with her eyes red. She kept blaming herself as she paced about.

"It's all my fault for not keeping an eye on Mia. But there really aren't any mangoes in our school. Where exactly did Mia get it from?"

The school doctor also had a very troubled look on his face while Ms. Lynn was talking to herself.

Tanya looked down at the girl.

She was also allergic to mangoes. She didn't expect the two of them to be connected in such a way…

Urgent footsteps suddenly came toward them at this point. From the sound of it, there were two people walking over. The next moment, a man and a woman appeared at the door.

Tanya looked up. She hadn't even seen anyone when Ms. Lynn said, "I'm really very sorry, Mr. Smith. It's all because we didn't take care of Mia well enough. She ate some mangoes…"

Mr. Smith?

Tanya was taken aback. Then, she heard a mellow and gentle voice that sounded a little cold at the moment.

"How is Mia?"

Tanya felt as if her heart had stopped beating. Her head whipped to the side, and a familiar figure that had appeared in her dreams countless times over the years entered her sight.

Joel didn't seem to have changed at all during these last few years.

He merely looked a little more mature and steady than the young lad he had been back then. His attractive upturned eyes were fixed on Mia right after he entered the room. Seemingly because he finally saw that she was breathing evenly, he let out a sigh of relief.