Chapter 197 - The Race~

Jordan, the big and rough boor, bowed at Nora and said, “Ms. Smith!”

Logan, “??”

Utterly astounded by the sight, he felt like his eyes were about to fall out of their sockets.

Nora waved casually and asked, “Yeah. Is Jimmy alright now?”

Jordan was exceptionally respectful toward her. He replied, “He’s fine now. His mother wanted to come over and apologize to you in person, but Jimmy is still hospitalized for now, so she can’t come over for the time being. This is all her fault for not appreciating your kindness. Don’t worry, Ms. Smith, I will definitely teach her a good lesson!”

Nora raised her brows when she heard what he said.

Sure enough, the next moment, Jordan explained, “To be honest, this incident resulted from our negligence as parents. We didn’t expect that Jimmy couldn’t explain his symptoms clearly due to his young age, so he didn’t express them clearly to the doctor even when we brought him to the hospital, which ended up delaying his treatment in the beginning. Sigh! It’s fortunate that you came to my place last night. Otherwise, we wouldn’t have been able to save Jimmy this time! By the way, the hospital asked about the pill that you fed Jimmy last night. They want to buy a batch of it…”

Nora yawned and replied, “You can contact my uncle with regard to that.”

Simon was in charge of all of Harmonia Pharmacy’s matters.

Jordan immediately nodded and said, “Okay, no problem!”

Nora nodded. When she saw that Jordan was still staring at her, she asked hesitantly, “Is there anything else?”

Jordan immediately shook his head. “No, there’s nothing else. You saved Jimmy’s life, Ms. Smith. If there’s anything you need in the future, I, Jordan, will do anything you ask!”

“… Oh, okay.” Nora paused for a moment before she yawned again. Then, she said, “Okay, I’m going to sleep.”

She turned to enter the bedroom but instead saw Pete standing there and looking at her expectantly. He let out a silent sigh and said, “Mommy.”

Nora, “?”

It was only then that she remembered what had happened to Pete. Thus, she said to Jordan, “By the way, Mr. Hoffman, can you ask your wife to withdraw her complaint against Pete… I mean Cherry, and let her return to school?”

Jordan nodded at once. “No problem! The Hoffmans will cover Cherry’s tuition fees in the future!”

“… You don’t need to do that.”

“Don’t stand on ceremony, Ms. Smith. Also, I will get Jimmy to protect Cherry in school in the future, so that no one will bully her!”

Pete, “…”

He quietly packed his schoolbag, slung it over his shoulders, and went downstairs. Then, he asked the Andersons’ chauffeur, “Mister, can you take me to the kindergarten?”

Nora, “…”

Nora went back into her bedroom to sleep after the little fellow left.

Logan and Jordan were the only ones left flabbergasted downstairs.

Jordan walked over casually to Logan and patted him on the shoulder. He sighed and said, “Boy, we need to give a notice of at least three days in advance if we want to postpone a race. We’ve already missed the deadline today. How about this? I’ll try and contact Yanci for you and see if he’s willing to come back and help you take part in the race. If he isn’t willing to do it, then you’ll have to prepare 50 million dollars. I’ll guarantee your safety after the race.”