Chapter 122 - He Had Already Seen Through Everything A Long Time Ago

A respectful Lawrence gave him his report.

"We found out that when Ms. Smith became pregnant back then, the Smiths once said that her pregnancy had come about inexplicably and they didn't know who her lover was. However, no one believed them, and said that they were just making up an excuse to cover up her immoral conduct."

An inexplicable pregnancy…

Justin suddenly thought back to her asking him how he had come to have Pete. He had replied that he didn't know and asked her if she believed him.

She had said that she did.

He'd thought that it was because she was so in love with him that she believed everything he said. He didn't expect the truth to actually be like this!

Justin lowered his gaze.. "Anything else?"

Lawrence shook his head.

Justin instructed, "Investigate how come she gave birth to twins."

Lawrence was astonished. "Twins?"

His brows drew together and he said, "We haven't found anything about that at all! Moreover, there really isn't any information about how Ms. Smith spent those five years abroad."

Justin waved him off while saying, "Continue the investigation."

"Yes, sir."

Justin sat on the desk after Lawrence left. The look in his eyes was deep and unreadable as he listened to Cherry's laughter next door.

To be honest, all the mysteries had been solved the moment he saw Cherry in the live-stream. Everything had clicked at once.

His son's personality change, the special situation at the hotel in California… As well as Nora paying so much attention to him for some strange reason…

In that instant, apart from the joy of realizing that he had a daughter, there was also another complicated emotion in him—anger at being deceived!

That woman wasn't trying to get close to him because she liked him; rather, it really was because of his son!

The discovery made him exceptionally displeased.

As it turned out, from the beginning to the end, he was the one who had been flattering himself in this relationship.

He felt a mixture of joy and sorrow in that moment.

He was delighted that there were actually such ties between the two of them, and also happy that he actually really had a daughter.

But at the moment of discovery, a thought had also suddenly formed in his mind—he'd rather not have discovered the truth…

He had pretty much subconsciously pretended not to know who his daughter was, and had put up a show in front of his son by instructing Lawrence to investigate the matter. This was to confuse the other party and make them think that he hadn't found out yet.

Afterward, knowing that he had deleted his daughter from his Facebook account, he hastily added her back in hopes of repairing their relationship.

Then, he thought back to his interactions with that woman during this recent period of time…

That woman had once said that her child's father was an idiot. At that time, he had intensely disliked and even been a little jealous of that so-called 'idiot'. But as it turned out, that idiot was actually he himself?!

He knew that his daughter was studying at the Golden Sunshine Kindergarten because that woman had used his name to enroll her daughter in the school. That was how he knew that their daughter was there…