Chapter 125 - The Lowes Go Bankrupt!

Melissa frowned. "Are you here so late at night just to say things like that, Mrs. Levin? If so, I'm afraid you're not welcome here!"

Mrs. Levin hastily shook her head and said, "Of course not. I'm here because I have great news for you!"

Melissa was taken aback. She was a guest after all, so she resisted the urge to kick her out and asked, "What is it?"

Mrs. Levin let herself into the living room and sat on the sofa. However, she changed the subject and said, "I gave your sister-in-law a call when I was on my way here. I actually wanted to persuade her to go home. Isn't it awful that she's still at her parents' home?"

Melissa had also heard that Miranda refused to go back to the Woods after she moved back to the Sonnets.

.
Farrell was determined to teach her a lesson, so he simply refused to bring her back home. However, he didn't expect their two children to also go to the Sonnets after Miranda incited them to.

Miranda even threatened him by saying that unless he brought Melissa to the Sonnets and made her apologize, he could forget about ever bringing her and the children back home!

Miranda had also, unintentionally or otherwise, revealed to outsiders that the Sonnets had invested 30 million dollars in real estate, causing everyone in the circle to be full of envy toward the Sonnets for landing such a great opportunity.

Mrs. Levin said, "The Sonnets are about to strike gold and make a fortune with the Lowes. It won't look good on your elder brother if he waits until then to go over! I'd advise you to go over to the Sonnets with him and bring them back home first. After all, the children are also there!"

Melissa heaved a sigh.

What made her think that she hadn't already tried talking to Farrell about it?

Unfortunately, he refused to listen to her. On top of that, he even said that if the children couldn't even distinguish between right and wrong, then they might as well not come back for life!

As Farrell was still angry, her only option left was to call Miranda.

No matter how unpleasant Miranda was, Farrell's family would only be complete if she was there!

However, not only did Miranda give her a huge scolding again, she even said that she would make Farrell regret what he had done.

It seemed like everyone was confident that the Sonnets were about to make it big…

In the midst of her thoughts, Mrs. Levin pursed her lips again and said, "Mrs. Anderson, you're a knowledgeable, intelligent, sensible, and considerate person. Your sister-in-law is also a good person. Everyone in the circle knows this, so how did you guys even get to this point? It seems like Nora was the cause of it all, right?"

"Sigh, looking at it that way, Nora is totally a jinx!"

The word 'jinx' caused Melissa's expression to change dramatically. She was about to retort when Mrs. Levin added, "Nevertheless, she isn't entirely without any merits—she's good-looking after all. And would you look at that, because someone has asked me to come over and propose marriage!"

Marriage?!

Political marriages between wealthy families were linked to the rise and fall of the families, so children of wealthy families were generally not allowed freedom in their romantic relationships. Therefore, having matchmakers visit families to propose marriage was still a popular practice.

After all, if the two families were keen, they could just reach an agreement straight away.

Melissa frowned and asked, "Who did?"