Chapter 143 - What's Your Relationship With Mr. Hunt, Ms. Smith?

Joel stopped abruptly in his tracks, a touch of surprise forming in his upturned eyes.

Justin Hunt was with Nora Smith?

What was the relationship between the two of them?

Suddenly, the people inside seemingly noticed the movement outside, and Justin’s razor-sharp gaze penetrated through the window.

Joel quickly stepped backward and hid to the side. He didn’t look inside anymore. However, he could hear violent thuds and thumps coming from within. There were sounds of their bodies hitting the wall, as well as muffled grunts from colliding against each other. He could also hear gasps in between…

The intense activity made even Joel blush.

He took another step back and slipped away quietly as if he was afraid that they would discover him. Now, that would be awkward.

The last time he could remember hearing such children-inappropriate sounds was back when he was still with Tanya five years ago. As for Hillary, it was because he had been drunk one night. He clearly remembered that the person he was with in bed was Tanya, yet when he woke up, it became Hillary instead…

In his memories, he had never slept with Hillary before.

Not in the past, let alone during the last five years.

Joel didn’t continue going to the ward in front but returned to Ian’s ward instead.

In the stairwell.

With her leg blocked, Nora’s fist came into play. Spying an opening, she threw a punch at his left shoulder.

After succeeding, she finally ended the fight and took a step back, pulling away from him. She said coldly, “Mr. Hunt, please keep an appropriate distance from me.”

Justin held his shoulder. From the look of it, his injury seemed pretty serious. He gave her a wry smile and said, “You seem to be the one who approached me first, Ms. Smith…”

Nora was still pulling a long face. Her gaze was sharp and her eyes misty from anger. The tips of her ears were also a little red.

She was only planning to teach Justin a small lesson just now, but the moment they finished talking and she let go of him, he immediately reached out and held her by her waist, bringing her toward him. Then, he leaned down and kissed her… Kissed her…

Damn it!

Nora had thrown a punch at him the very next moment. Unfortunately, the man had the audacity to actually duck. The two of them had fought for a full ten minutes before she finally found an opening and hit him, thereby taking her revenge on him.

Nora looked at him coldly and clenched her fists. “If this ever happens again, Mr. Hunt, I’ll kill you!”

Then, she pushed the door to the stairwell open and left at once, leaving Justin there as he touched his nose in embarrassment.

He thought back to the scene just now.

The stairwell was dimly lit. The girl’s head was raised as she stared at him with her cold, sharp eyes. On her small, palm-sized face were a pair of delicate eyebrows and eyes, a sharp and pert nose, and moist, rosy lips…

Unable to hold back, he had acted on impulse and kissed her.

Although the kiss had lasted only a brief moment, the girl’s soft and tender lips lingered in his memory even now.

As he touched his dislocated left shoulder again, a smile suddenly appeared at the corners of his lips.

She was wild enough for his tastes indeed.