Chapter 154 - Sell It!

Nora leaned against the window and gazed at the campus scenery outside.

She had never experienced college life before. Neither had she experienced life as part of a community much before. She found the sight of students walking about outside in twos and threes rather novel.

She picked up the call and said softly, “Hello.”

Lily’s voice reached her through the phone. “I’ve received the samples. I’ll do the DNA test myself. Results will be out in three hours at the earliest.”

For international express mail to be delivered the next day, it meant that they had already expedited the delivery process.

Nora said unhurriedly, “Okay.”

She hung up and glanced at Lisa, who was still surrounded by people, again. Despite what had happened, the girl remained neither arrogant nor anxious. Her eyes were still as innocent as before.

Nora smiled and turned to go to Director Shaw’s office.

Director Shaw was selecting postgraduate students in school today, so he hadn’t gone to the hospital. He was about to knock off from work when one of his postgraduate students suddenly said, “Director Shaw, Anti has actually taken a postgraduate student by their own initiative!”

Director Shaw was stunned. “What?”

“It’s true! My goodness, Anti was already a professor in name here two years ago. By right, they should have made time to conduct a lesson here, but for two whole years, we didn’t even see what they looked like. Yet they’ve accepted a postgraduate student the moment they appeared? I’m so envious of that student!”

“Sob, would I have stood a chance to be selected by Anti if I had taken the postgraduate entrance examination this year instead?”

While the few of them were talking, Director Shaw coughed and said coldly, “Hah, I see. So, none of you wanted to be my postgraduate students?”

The students, “…”

Director Shaw coughed again. In order to protect his dignity as a department head, he said, “Anti isn’t actually that amazing, either. What’s mainly impressive about Anti is that they have steady hands! If I had my current level of medical insight when I was their age, I could also do a few perfect operations!”

As soon as he finished bragging, he heard a soft and low voice saying, “Really?”

Director Shaw, “??”

His head whipped around. At the sight of Nora, the corners of his lips couldn’t help but spasm.

He hurriedly walked over and asked with a smile, “Why are you here?”

Nora couldn’t be bothered to continue the topic just now, so she shuffled toward his office. Director Shaw wisely followed after her. After he closed the door, he asked, “Are you going to hold lectures in the school this year?”

Nora raised her eyebrows. “No.”

Director Shaw was surprised. “Then that means you’re intending to take on projects?”

“… No.”

Director Shaw was confused. “Then why did you accept a postgraduate student? How are you going to teach her and impart knowledge to her?”

That was exactly why Nora had come over. Her cat-like eyes looked at him calmly and she said, “Didn’t you say that you owe me a favor?”

Director Shaw looked at her, speechless for a moment.