Chapter 191: The Child's Father!

Jimmy’s mother was terribly shocked. She quickly looked down and picked up Jimmy. “What’s wrong? Jimmy, what’s wrong?”

After throwing up twice, Jimmy finally stopped. Covered in perspiration, he frowned and asked, “Mommy, am I dying?”

Jimmy’s mother finally panicked. “Of course not. Mommy’s here, baby. Mommy will take you to the hospital right away!”

She held him in her arms and walked out.

When she passed by Nora, Nora told her again, “Have a lumbar puncture done immediately and check whether it’s encephalitis or not when you reach the hospital.”

This time, Jimmy’s mother looked at her and said nothing. Instead, she strode off.

After she left, Nora checked the time—school wasn’t over yet. Thus, she left Pete there and went home by herself.

Ms. Lynn, “…”

She’d thought that Cherry’s mother would comfort Cherry a little before she left—after all, she had just quarreled with her classmate. But why was she so nonplussed about it?

No, that wasn’t right. Cherry’s mother was a very good mother. She must be very busy with work at the moment and must have rushed over from work right after she received the call. She must be rushing back to work to make money to raise Cherry now!

Yes, that must be the case!

With that in mind, Ms. Lynn went back into the classroom, upon which she immediately saw Cherry engrossed in a book.

Ms. Lynn couldn’t help but walk over. She ruffled Cherry’s hair and said, “Don’t be scared, Cherry~”

Pete stiffened, but forced himself to tolerate the body contact.

He found that there seemed to be more and more people whom he could accept coming into physical contact with these days…

Soon, school ended.

One by one, the children said their goodbyes to Pete, who left the school together with Tanya. Mia watched them get in the big black car before she got in the Smiths’ car unhappily.

At the sight, Joel couldn’t help asking, “What’s the matter, Mia?”

Mia asked timidly, “Daddy, will Cherry be eaten by the big tiger?”

Joel, “?”

Mia told him about what had happened earlier that day. Joel ruffled her hair and said, “It’s fine. The big tiger won’t dare to eat him.”

Mia’s big eyes widened and she stared at him puzzledly. She asked, “Why? The big tiger doesn’t dare to eat me because I have Daddy, but he doesn’t!”

Joel cast his eyes down and replied, “His father is Justin Hunt. Don’t worry, the big tiger won’t dare to eat him at all.”

Mia was relieved to hear that. “That’s great!”

Joel, however, turned to look outside—Tanya had brought the child into the car again. Did this mean that the child’s mother didn’t bother coming over to pick him up from school at all?

He stared at Tanya.

In his mind, however, was the DNA test report… The results were too complicated. He didn’t dare to bring it up to Ian even now.

He would need to think carefully about how to word it properly.

Jimmy’s mother soon reached the hospital. She rushed straight to the pediatric department with Jimmy.