Chapter 166 - Public Opinion!

An agitated Henry looked extremely furious. He said, “I only realized that the child wasn’t mine after we were married! You’re just like your mother! Like what they say, a crooked stick will have a crooked shadow! You’re both cheap women who got themselves pregnant before marriage!”

Nora’s eyes abruptly widened.

She clenched her fists, losing control of her emotions for the first time during this incident.

She hadn’t expected Henry to actually refute her using this.

Henry, however, seemed ready to risk everything as if he had nothing to lose anymore. The grown man’s eyes had even reddened, and he looked as if he was finally revealing to the public a secret that he’d kept hidden deep down in his heart. He spoke as if he had been forced into it.

“Do you think I wanted to marry your mother? She was good-looking, beautiful, and gentle. When she was courting me back then, how was she even anything like a dignified daughter of a wealthy family? Although she owned a pharmaceutical company, I, too, had a great future ahead of me at that time. I graduated from a prestigious university and also had my own career at that time!”

“She liked me, while I also felt budding feelings for her. After that, we fell in love. I thought I was welcoming the most blissful married life in the world, but I didn’t expect all of this to change after we got married!”

“On the first day of our marriage, she told me that she was pregnant, but the child wasn’t mine! I was very sad and angry at that time and wanted a divorce, but she begged me not to and simply refused to agree to it.”

Henry heaved a heavy sigh. He stood with his hands behind his back, forming a sorrowful and dispirited sight.

In the hospital.

Ian, who was watching the live-stream, was so furious that he flung the cell phone away. “There’s no way Yvette would beg anyone! Lies! Utter lies! He’s lying through his teeth!”

Yvette was such a strong woman.

Back then, when she was leading the Andersons’ pharmaceutical company, she had once met with a problem in her academics. Someone told her that they would help her if she yielded and asked them for help, but she instead sneered at them and put in a month of hard work to overcome the problem instead.

She had worked so hard that she even coughed up blood in the end!

She was exactly someone like that. She’d rather grit her teeth, endure everything by herself, and work hard on her own than ask for help! What’s more, when it came to love, she had always been the one who had the upper hand.

Ian, however, picked the cell phone up again after he flung it away, and continued to watch.

The look in his eyes was very cold.

What kind of death should he give that man, so that it would defuse his anger?

Regardless of the reason for it, Yvette had ultimately provided for that piece of trash for so many years. She wasn’t even around anymore, yet he was still insulting her! He must be sick of living!

Ian clenched his fists tightly. He hated his body for being so useless in this instant. For the first time, he regretted having formed thoughts of dying.

Had his physical condition permitted, he would definitely have charged over to the Andersons’ to sew that man’s mouth shut!

At the Andersons.

Henry was still airing his grievances. He said, “I really loved her. I couldn’t bear to see her on her knees, so I decided to wait until she gave birth before we divorce. I won’t ask for even a cent from her…”