Chapter 75 - A Stray Cat

How exactly had she gotten pregnant back then?

Nora was really curious about this, so she looked at Justin eagerly, hoping that he could give her a logical answer.

However, Justin's smile gradually faded.

Pete's mother was something unmentionable to him. No one had ever dared to bring it up all these years.

The moment he thought of all those things she did, he couldn't help but wish he could find her and kill her!

Yet when the person asking about it was the woman in front of him, for some reason, Justin actually found that he couldn't get angry with her.

She must be worried that Pete's biological mother would suddenly appear and end up affecting their life together, right?

Justin cast his deep-set eyes down slightly. Although his tone was mild, his choice of words was strong. "Don't worry, I won't allow Pete's mother to show up in front of me and him again!"

Nora fell silent when she sensed the acute frigidity bursting out of the man.

Hello, she was already right in front of him, though?!

Besides, what was he telling her not to worry about?

She decided to be blunter about it and asked, "What I want to ask is—was Pete conceived naturally?"

"…"

Why were her questions becoming more and more explicit?

Something occurred to Justin and his ears gradually turned a little red. He put down his cutlery, took a sip of water, and chuckled softly. "Is Miss Smith concerned that I may have problems of a particular nature?"

Nora was bewildered.

"I'm a normal man."

Nora, "!!"

She had only spent five years abroad, but she actually found that she didn't understand English anymore!

The woman in front of him widened her eyes as a look of surprise came over her palm-sized face. For some reason, this put Justin in a great mood.

He felt a rare urge to tell her the secret hidden in the depths of his heart, but at the thought that it would damage his image, he suppressed the desire to talk and instead asked, "What kind of person is your daughter's father?"

"Huh?" Nora didn't expect him to actually ask questions of his own. On top of that, he had even asked about something like that.

Her slender fingers tapped against the table and she chuckled softly. "I'll tell you if you answer my question."

Was she talking about whether Pete was naturally conceived or not?

Justin suddenly realized that perhaps what she was concerned about was whether he'd had relationships with other women instead. That was why she was pressing the issue.

He pressed his lips together. With the beauty mark at the corner of his eye exuding a bit of a serious aura, he suddenly said, "If I say that I don't know how Pete came about either, would you believe me?"

He only recalled vaguely that he seemed to be missing a night's memories…

Dark light flickered in his eyes. He reckoned that probably no one would believe him even if he said so, right?

Unexpectedly, the woman nodded seriously and replied, "I believe you."

Justin, "…"

He suddenly felt a little warmth in his heart, as if a ray of sunshine had suddenly shone into a flower on the verge of blooming, making it slowly bloom.