Chapter 134 - Her Son~

They resembled each other a little?

Both Joel and Tanya subconsciously looked at Mia. She had completely inherited her looks from Joel. Be it her face shape, her eyes, or her mouth, they looked exactly the same as Joel's.

Only her small and pert nose resembled Tanya's. But when one thought about it carefully, her nose was also very similar to Hillary's—after all, Tanya and Hillary were half-sisters who shared the same mother!

Joel and Tanya both raised their heads again and subconsciously glanced at each other's faces. Tanya hurriedly looked away when their eyes met.

Joel turned to the doctor and asked, "When will Mia wake up?"

"She'll wake up soon." The doctor said, "She didn't eat that much mango, so she can be discharged after she's done with the IV drip."

"Okay.."

After the doctor left, the room fell into total silence again.

After some time, Joel suddenly said, "The sandwich is turning cold."

Tanya, "…"

So, Hillary could skip the pickles just because she didn't like them, but if she were the one who didn't like pickles, she had to either stay hungry or eat it anyway?

That man's personality hadn't changed one bit even after so many years had passed.

He was very protective of people and things he considered his own but was always cold and indifferent to outsiders.

In the past, she had been part of whom he considered his own.

But now, she was an outsider.

Tanya sighed. It was a pity to toss the sandwich anyway, and she was indeed hungry. Besides, the doctor had once encouraged her to eat more pickles because they were good for gut health, especially since she was prone to digestive problems.

Therefore, Tanya put up with the pungent taste of the pickles and ate the whole sandwich.

Joel was seated on the sofa. Although his eyes were on his laptop while he worked, out of the corner of his eye, he caught a glimpse of Tanya and saw that she hadn't tossed the sandwich but ate it instead. For some reason, he was actually relieved to see that.

Joel stared at his laptop.

Time had never passed so quickly during all these years. With a computer, a cup of coffee, Mia, and… her, it felt just like that was how life should be.

At five o'clock in the afternoon, classes ended at the kindergarten.

The principal and the school doctor hurried over to the hospital and also brought… the five-year-old Pete along the way?

Tanya was astonished to see him. She asked, "Why are you here?"

Pete, who was pulling a long face, asked, "Were you supposed to pick me up from school this evening?"

Tanya suddenly smacked her forehead and exclaimed, "Ah, yes, you're right!"

Pete, "…"

No wonder he didn't see Mommy coming over even after he waited for a long time after school was out. As it turned out, it was because God-mom hadn't informed Mommy at all?

The school doctor said, "No one came to pick him up, so the boy said that he would come to the hospital and go home together with you instead."

Tanya smiled guiltily at Pete. She was about to speak when Joel suddenly asked, "Is this your son?"