Prologue

Revised

|September 22 11:30 pm|

A gun shot followed by a loud scream woke me up from my sleep. I was frightened that I knew for sure by the sudden trembling of my hands, but that didn't deter my young curious self in the slightest. I decided to go and figure out what was happening. By now the voices I hadn't been able to hear from my room before were clearer. My whole body was trembling now as I inched closer to the railing of the stairs overlooking the entrance to the house. My eyes widened in fear at what I saw; there were 6 men, including the 2 figures of what I assumed to be dead bodies I caught laying motionlessly a few ways outside. The men were all masked and armed surrounding something that I could barely identify because of their tall broad forms.

One of them moved and I gasped silently covering my mouth once I saw what they were hiding. A lifeless man covered in blood was laying in my mother's arms, that man was my father. My usual stoic mother had silent tears running down her bruised and battered cheeks not uttering a single word. She was then wretched away from him into a forced kneeling position with her hands forced behind her back.

One of the men stepped forward and crouched in front of my mother with a small phone in hand. She begrudgingly leans toward the phone. After a moment her expression turns to shock and betrayal before turning to one of pure rage.

"YOU SERIOUSLY THINK IT WAS ME?"

I shrink back in slight fear and confusion at whom ever was on the other side of that phone. My mother's then closed her eyes with a scowl before letting a dry laugh escape.

"It's just business huh? You really are like father, I guess that's why he didn't choose you to run the mob let alone was reluctant to let you run the compan-"

As if on order, one of the men beside her cutt her off mid sentence with the end of his gun connecting with my mothers nose. My mother coughed and spat out a mouth full of blood with a pained smirk. The man shoves the phone into my mother's ear again. Her
eyes widen in slight fear before glancing in my direction making my breath hitch.

There was a silent conversation between us which rendered me immobile for a moment in terror.

No...

As if on cue, the head man drops the phone on the ground and crushes it under his boot before nodding. I stare in horror as one of the men behind my mother brings the barrel of a gun to the back of her head, revealing a strange tattoo. I waste no time in hurrying back down the hall back to my room, not able to stomach such a scene, trying to hold in my sobs. A flinch erupts from my being as a gun shot sounds throughout the house as I turn a corner into my room, slamming it locked shut behind me.

"M...mom..."

Not waiting to see if the men heard me or not, I force my window open and stumble down the roof, landing quite harshly on the muddy ground. With a pained groan, I force my self up and take off into the forest which surrounded our house. As I ran, the image of my mother's forced smile in her last moment stained my mind.

Run.

|~Author-sama|

I wrote this book when I was like 14 and now that I'm 20 the grammatical errors are so ass I don't know how anyone even read it I'm a fix it up real quickly.