That summer [19]

7/22 revised

||

I release a sigh as I rested my chin on my knees. my feet scrunched into the soft wool blanket I sat on. The sun kissed my skin as a gentle breeze blowed my dark now shoulder length strands from my face. My ears twitched as I glance at the figure nwhom took a seat next to me with a smile.

"You sure took your time." I bite into the cold deliciousness he had handed me in content.

"You're one to talk." He murmurs back with a smirk as he turned his head to stare at the sunset. Bringing the cone to my mouth again; I ignore the brief freezing feeling in my temple.

A chuckle meets my ears as I raise a brow at the redhead. He suppressed his grin, gesturing to the top of my lip. I look down at my ice cream mustache before comically pursing my lips side to side.
In a snobby french accent I say, "Bonjour monsieur bitch."

His expression instantly turned to an annoyed one as I snicker devilishly. My cheeks heat suddenly as fingers delicately wipe away the cream swiftly. My lips part in embarrassment as there was only a couple inches between us. He had grown taller throughout the years we had been together and now looked down at me with indifferent yet tender eyes. "Your immaturity never fails to amuse me."

My heart began to race as everything around us fell silent. He leaned down and closer as my eyes softened. A small voice in my head told me to run yet my legs refused to move.

I didn't want to run.

Not anymore.

But I was wrong.

I stare into his now cold calculating eyes in sorrow and silence. The familiar cold barrel of a gun pressed into my temple.

"It's nothing personal...just business—"

I jolted wide awake from the strange dream, releasing a breath.

What the? It was just a dream, about Dollface no less?!

Asuma whom was giving a lecture about Japan's history of torture turned to look at me along with others at my sudden outburst.

"Is there a problem Yagami-San?" I shake my head and relax, feeling everyone's eyes on me, including a certain red head. I shift my red eyes across the class to meet confused hazel before immediately looking away.

"Is Yuri-senpai okay?"

My eyes widen as I now look at the masked male next to me. "Yes, thanks Tobi."

He nods eagerly as small sparkles surround him making me sweatdrop as he murmurs "Tobis a good boy" over and over before the sound of the bell cut him off.

Getting up hastedly I swing my bag over my shoulders as I walk out the class.

Talk about one hell of a dream.

Running my hands through my locks in exhaustion, I make way to my locker instead of lunch. It had been 3 months since I'd been here and my science project with Sasuke and Tayuya was annoying to say the least.

I hated the fact that I had to leave Nagisa alone majority of the time for it but I could only hope that that demonic cat of his would at least keep him company.

Getting my things for my last period, I shut my locker and almost shriek at the face behind it.

"T-the fuck have you been there this whole time Dollface?!"

He leaned against the edge of my locker with blank eyes making me squint mine in annoyance.

"Are you...feeling well?" He asked.

My eyes widen looking at him in disbelief. After a couple seconds he looks away indifferently. Ever since I had passed my test the red head had kind of been distant. It was understandable as to why since he had no reason to be around me anymore.

"Its a yes or no question brat?!" I sweatdrop as irk marks stained his temple.

"Still as impatient as ever huh Dollface?" I smirk etches on my face causing a scowl to grace his.
He swiftly turns around and begins to walk away making my eyes falter.

Before he hits the corner, "Dollface!" I call out.

He halts, his back still facing me.

"Thanks..." I call out bashfully, scratching the back of my head. I hear him murmur something along the lines of  "brat" as he disappears around the corner.

Sasori clenched and unclenched his hand repeatedly not paying any mind to the three students that walked passed him. One of them, a tall orange haired male with spiked orange hair and reddish orange eyes. In the middle, a girl with crimson eyes  adorned with glasses and red spiky hair. The female seemed to be bickering with the male on her left whom had straight white hair with blue tint to it and purple eyes.

He seemed to have a shark like facial appearance like his fellow Akatsuki member Kisame. The Taka mafia. A small but fierce gang, led by Sasuke Uchiha. They had been suspended not to long ago for almost sparking gang tension with Sasuke's main group, the rookies.

Sasori made eye contact with the female of the group. It had seemed like forever since the two red heads had made any form of acknowledgment. Even if Sasori couldnt remember much he recognized her and he knew she recognized him. How could they not. Their similar bright fiery hair colors were how all of them identified and remembered each other from long ago.

The acknowledgment brief and small he continued on his way not sparing a word to the girl. Ever since that summer years ago, none of them had spoken to eachother.
||

Making sure I didn't forget anything I go to follow in the direction that Sasori went, which is the cafeteria but ram straight into someone.

"Oi watch where the hell your going?!"

I lean down and pick up the girls glasses that had been knocked off from our crash.

"Gomen." I say bluntly going to walk past the small group but stop at the hesitant grip on my wrist.

"T-tsugumi, is that you?"

|~Author-Sama|

Hmm wonder what happened that summer? How are all of our red heads linked together?