The truth [53]

|the next day: 16 hours left|

I rack my suppressed two five seven pistols and shove them in the holsters on my hip along with extra mags. Shoving my arms through a bullet vest, i make sure to slip my ballistic knife in my boot. On my way out the armory, i snag a frag grenade and stuff it in my pocket.

"Youre going after him arent you?"

I keep walking down the hall, ignoring the puppeteer as he followed behind me. It was 2 am and i had assumed everyone wouldve been asleep but of course he had to be awake.
"Going alone would be suicide brat." He continued but i just kept walking.

I hastedly march toward my Honda but halt as im suddenly spun around, his hands gripping my shoulders.

"Would you just stop and listen to me!" He snaps making me growl in anger.
"Do you seriously fucking think im going to sit here and let him die while you lot fucking catch Z's as if hes not gone." I hiss as his brows furrow too in frustration.

"No, but you have to be rational. Its clearly a trap. Besides, Pein has a plan. If you go in there with no plan, youll die." He tries to reason but i shove his hand off with a glare, and walk the rest of the way to my car, jamming the key in the door harshly.

Whipping the door open, "Well good for fucking me then. Bastards be doing me along with everyone else here a favor."

I wince as im yanked around once again, my back slamming into the car, the door closing loudly under my weight.
"W-"

"How can you even have the audacity to speak like that!" He barks, making me inhale sharply at his chilling glare. His hands were pressed firmly on either side of my head, caging me in.

I stay silent causing him to click his teeth in agitation. "Itachi just fucking died and you think you can easily throw your life away just like that and expect me to sit right here and watch!"

My eyes falter in guilt at his words, avoiding his piercing hues. I couldnt bring myself to answer because deep down i knew i was wrong.
He sighs after a moment of me still not responding, and steps back with soft eyes. "How many times do i have to say i love you for it to get into your thick skull not to be so goddamn selfless brat." Instantly, my face grows hot at the confession but i still stay silent. "I already know theres no stopping you so take this just in case." He holds out the fixed phone that i had spoken to Haru on and i slowly take it with furrowed brows. "If your backs against the wall dial 1."

I nod and open the car door, but before i get in i pause. Spinning around i leap toward the shocked puppeteer. Throwing my arms around his abdomen, i bury my face into his warm chest. "Thanks, dollface, for everything."

I nearly yelp as he abruptly pushes me away, keeping me at arms length as his cheeks were tinted in embarrassment at my abrupt affection. My lips parted as he glared at me with a small scowl.
"Dont thank me just bring the other brat home."

"H-hai!"
|10 hours left|

I grip the steering wheel tight, my knuckles turning white. My eyes glance at the glistening lake beside the road along with the familar dock. Instantly, my eyes zone in on one particular spot in the mountains.

I was almost there.

Finally around thirty minutes of driving through private roads, i park my car down the driveway instead of directly in front of the house. 'Hes not idiotic enough to come here without any protection.' I deduct mentally as i caught a glimpse of multiple movement through the windows of the large home.

(Black is obviously her. Stop video once she gets on the motorcycle, ignore the pink dude)