What...[42]

||

"Is this really necessary..."

We had gotten back not to long ago and i tell you Nagisa was a whole trip. The kid wouldnt even leave my side unless i went to the bathroom. But then again i can't complain. I couldnt imagine how he felt when he found out i was missing.

"You should be grateful. Knowing the men behind that mirror, you're lucky you're not dead now." I say in monotone as i lean back in my chair with crossed arms. My eyes briefly flit to thr mirror on the side of the vacant room with the exception of a small table and a chair which the red haired female occupied. I knew they were listening.

"So what do you want?"

"How much did you really know about Kaiza Yakuza, your adoptive father?" She prods with furrowed brows as if she knew something i didn't but wasn't sure.
"Enough to know that you are half of the reason why im in this shitty predicament now." I state with hostile eyes wondering what she was getting at.

Her eyes cast down in guilt for a moment before meeting mine again. "I dont know the full details but i know my father didnt lend our men to your uncle-"

"Adopted."i correct

"Adoptive uncle for no reason...Your father was in alot of dept Tsugumi..."

My brows narrow at the trueness in her words. She was telling me things i already knew. I been knew that the old man was in dept but it was none if my business. My business was protecting Nagisa in exchange for the Old mans hospitality.
However, something just didnt add up...
"I know that but my father wasnt indept to the sound. We may have been rivals but thats no excuse to order a fucking hit. As far as I'm concerned we had no relations to the sound whatsoever."I address with an annoyed scowl.

"That's where you're wrong..." Her words captivate my attention making me perk up. 'The old man never told me anything about any deals with the sound...'

" a few years ago, 7 if i remember. Orochimaru took me and my other siblings on a business trip to the area nearby lake Fuji...The place where we met..." My breath hitches at the information but i nod ushering her to continue.

Flashback:

A small short red haired girl limped to her room. Her and her older siblings had another training session and once again she was at the bottom if the barrel. Karin had never been much of a fighter and her siblings especially the oldest one Tayuya made sure to remind her of that weakness each time. "Itaiiii..." The red bead mumbled whilst rubbing the back of her head. She was sure there'd be a knot there by the next day.
Walking past her fathers office, her ear twitched at the sound of two hushed voices behind the door. Her curiosity getting the best of her she found her self on her knees with her ear pressed against the hardwood door.

"Seee this isss what makes usss so different. You Yakuza have always thirsted for money whereas we thirst for knowledge." Her fathers mocking voice sounded.

A deep chuckle responded, "The world is ruled by power and power is obtained by money. No one will follow a broke man Yasha-san."

"See thatsss where youre wrong."

"Knowledge is the greatest power any man can wield if he knowsss how to apply it. You need knowledge to obtain money do you not? No one will follow a fool."

"And thatss exactly why i came to you specifically for this favor."

"And what would i get in return?"

"One million."

To captivated in the adults conversation, the door opens making her crash forward with a yelp. "Seems like we got yourself a little mouse huh?" Karin gulped as the man towered above her. He looked to be in his mid thirties with spiky black hair partially slicked back with stubble. The mans striking fuchsia eyes glower at her form in amusement. She flinches slightly as her father stood beside her resting a tender hand on her spiky locks. "Don't be rude Rin-chan? Introduce yourself." Her father encouraged.
"O-ohayo, my name is Karin U-uzumaki."