Stranded [38]

The next day
||
The akatsuki members all stand in the room with the exception of two missing. The news channel blaring loudly.

"This just in. What was supposed to be a fun fieldtrip turned into the exact opposite. Two students from Konaha elite have gone missing. Reports show that the two unfortunate males could have gotten swept up by the storm last night." 2 images of the missing members pop up increasing the tension in the room. The screen switches from the reporter to a pale adult male.  The face of their main target.

"I ssstrictly told the students not to venture out passt 9 but you know how kidsss are thessee daysss. I humbly apologize to the familiess of the two missing studentss and will do everything in my power to search for them along with Japannss police force." Deidara clicked the pause button on tbe tv. "That fucking conniving bastard un! We gotta do something, they could still be out there!"

"Do what? We're obviously at a disadvantage." Itachi commented whilst shutting his eyes.

Deidaras head snapped towards the stoic uchiha in anger. He marched toward the ummoving man. Clutching the uchihas collar roughly, he glared at Itachi. "How can you be so fucking calm about this un?! They're missing!? This is youre fault un!" Deidara had never gotten along with the stuck up Uchiha. He hated how Itachi walked around with no care in the world. As if he was above everything and everyone, always looking down on him with that damn taunting smirk of his.
"Deidara-" Kisame stepped forward resting a hand on the angered blondes shoulder. He knew how Deidara was feeling as all of them were just as pissed off. Even if Itachi didn't show it he knew the emotionless male was more affected by Tsugumis and Sasoris disappearance then he let on.

Shoving Kisames hand off his shoulder with one hand Deidara still kept a firm grip on itachis collar passing a brief glare to Kisame.
"Why should i stop un?! Its not like he cares he left them, the only thing he cares about is himself!"
Deidaras visible eye shifts back to Itachis emotionless ones."I bet youre real fucking smug right now arent you? You probably left Tsugumi on purpose un! If it werent for Sasori  being gone to you'd be having a fucking field day right now wouldnt you?!"

"Deidara enough." Peins deep voice booms through the room causing said blonde to still. Dropping his hands he swiftly marches out the room.

"Well this is fucking awkward." Hidan whistles whilst scratching the back of his head. Truthfully, the albino didnt know how to feel. At first, he wouldve threw a party at the prettyboys disappearance but now it was probably the last thing he wanted to do.

Itachi stared silently at where Deidara had disappeared to. Although, his face was stoic,  his heart and mind wasnt. He found himself silently agreeing with blonde. He was right. Itachi could've raced back in that house and helped Tsugumi. He could've waited longer. He couldve saved that girl. He could've done more.

Itachi would never admit it but he secretly admired the more reckless members of the group. Hidan, Deidara, Tsugumi, and hell even Tobi. He lacked one thing that they didnt...Guts. The guts to think with their heart and not their mind. To just jump in despite all odds being against you. No, Itachi was a coward. He was a perfectionist where everything had to go according to plan. 'What if that plan didnt work? What if the tables are switched?'  He tried to mentally come up with solutions to each question or obstacle.  That was what he was good at right? The plan was to not engage the enemy. If so then retreat...that was the plan. 'What if theyre dead'  .....The question repeated itself over and over in his head like a broken record. For once...Itachi Uchiha didnt have the answer.

*Crash!*

Everyones eyes shifted to the small blonde haired, fuchsia eyed boy. Tobi took reassuring steps toward the preteen. "Its alright Nagi-senpai... Tobi sure we'll find Gumi-senpai and Sasor-"

The members winced as the kid suddenly punched the child like man where the sun certainly didnt shine. Tobi gripped his family jewels crumbling to the floor in agony whilst Nagisa took off much like Deidara had.

Pein sighed inwardly pinching the bridge of his nose. Multiple thoughts and strategies raced through his mind.  "Pein..." Konans unsure voice brings him out of his daze. Konans honey comb eyes look between the ginger leader and the young boy that had ran off. He nodded in permission as she walked quickly after Nagisa knowing that she wanted to comfort the vulnerable boy. Soon everybody left the room leaving him to plop on the couch massaging his temple.

"Meow." His rippled lavender eyes pierce the alleged demon pet of Nagisa. They had a silent stare down before the cat yawned loudly and walked away probably going to comfort its owner.

Pinching the bridge of his nose again,"You and me both cat."

|elsewhere|
Unknown POV:

"So that runts really hiding out in japan huh?" The figure sits comfortably in his seat as his eyes stared at the news channel.
"Orders sir..."
The male glanced at the 2 gang members behind him.
"Have my wife pack my bags. I'm taking a little trip to Tokyo."

"You want us to look into a few of the Yakuza safehouses? Since Tokyo aint our terf we dont need any trouble trying to go get back the little man." One of the males state. He was an aging man sporting the biker look and was one of Kaizas closest friends. He was devastated to here about Tsugumi betraying them for the will. 'Money brings out the worst in all of us...'

"That wont be needed. I'll be staying at the old Sato residence."

"My bad for asking Boss but why'd you buy and rebuild the ghost house anyway? Didnt like a family die in it?" The gang member asked skeptically.

The other man hummed in response before getting up with an amusing smile.
"Lets just say the place holds alot of history."

|Elsewhere |

White hot pain sliced through me and stars appeared in front of my eyes. How long i had layed there i wasnt sure but the cold forced me to move.  Forcing myself up and through the snow that had coated me, i shutter as the freezing cold nipped at my bare hands. I silently regret discarding the extra layers of clothes from before. All i had on was some thick camouflaging army pants stuffed into some winter boots with a black thick turtle neck sweater. My hair clung to my neck from the snow that continuously pelted it. I go to take a step but trip over something solid. Something alive...
I gasp as a pale hand  poked through the big pile of snow i had tripped over. Using my hands as a shovel i paw at the pile, biting my lip as my hands stung from the close proximity.  Soon an unconscious body became visible. His face was pale and looked as if he had been deep frozen. Falling to my knees i check his pulse shakily. 'He wont make it if i dont get us to shelter!'  Lifting his arm over my shoulder i thank kami he still had his extra layers on.

Our progress was slow as i slipped and stumbled with him several times. Each fall caused pain to shoot up my injured arm. The cold had invaded every part of my body as i was now just running on adrenaline. I shivered violently trying to see through the cold fog but find nothing but endless trees and more snow. I trembled as a cold breeze cut right through me, almost like a knife through butter. The leather winter boots offered little to no protection as my toes felt like bricks. Tears began to brim my eyes as i fell to my knees with the still unconscious male in my arms.

"S-sasori!" I weakly pleaded shaking the lifeless male. I hovered over the males face usung my back as a shield to keep the snow from hitting him. I shakily brought my hands up and smacked him lightly.
"Sasori....p-please.." My voice cracked in desparation. No answer...i release a cry of frustration as i look around once more shakily. My eyes squint at a dark figure in the distance. 'What if its a cave?!'  Forcing myself up once again i grip onto The furs on Sasoris thick coat and pull. Using all my strength i drag him through the thick snow. The energy i was burning because of the shivering and hauling another person physically drained me and i could feel myself slipping in and out of consciousness as we neared the silhouette.

Finally after a few minutes, my feet collide with dark jagged edges of stone. It was a small cave that only went a few feet back. When one last pull i stagger backward and fall with Sasoris cold form resting on my lap. Letting my head drop as i heaved for oxygen, i stare emptily at the cave ceiling. Tears of frustration threatened and hopeless overwhelmed me.
We were stranded...
||