On the run [5]

Revised 1/17/2022

|2 years later|

"Thanks a lot nadene! I'll see ya around."

"No problem love! It was nice having ya, best wishes to your mum."

The door to the tavern swung shut behind me as I walked out. It's been a year since me and Nagisa have been on the run, always moving, never in the same place for to long. Was I still a wanted fugitive? Yes, but after the first 6 months, the heat had died down alittle more where it was safe enough for us to at least not be in disguise 24/7 and recently now the next time we moved it was safe enough to use our real names, or at least a nickname. I can't tell you how many times someone has spent a good 30 minutes calling my undercover name just to get no response until I figured the person was actually calling me.

Right now me and the twerp were settled temporarily in Liverpool London. Fortunately for us we would be moving to Tokyo Japan in a weeks time as we had already spent long over 3 months here and I'd be lying if I said I couldnt fucking wait.

Looking at my watch I curse silently as it was almost ten at night. Behind the dark lenses of my glasses, I scan the small parking lot till my eyes landed on a simple black Volvo S60 parked. I smirk silently as I make my way to it. No, I wasnt stealing it. This so happened to actually be my car. 

Despite the amount of money I've made in the year, I stuck with a simple under the radar car. That was the one rule me and Nagisa abided by; if you want it, don't get it. Knowing his incompetent Uncle, the man would probably think we were moving around in a helicopter or something. It just goes to show how insanely wealthy the family was, and insanely screwed I'd be if the authorities found us which would then lead to him finding us.

Don't get me wrong, I've thought about turning myself in and explaining my side but even a bat could see that it would be pointless. With Nagisa with me and out of the picture, the bastard had the resources to not make me last a second in court. Even if Nagisa was a witness, he was just a kid and it was our word against his and the thousands of other people he probably would pay to testify against me. Would probably make it seem as if I forced Nagisa into saying the things and knowing nagisa he'd probably crack under pressure giving the judge the wrong idea.

Climbing into the car, I start making my way home which was a below average apartment that was probably twice the size of your standard college dorm.
In the time we've been running I refused to use the wealth that grew in my bank account for anything other then necessities. I was used to doing that stuff  before but it took the little brat quite a while to adapt.

To be honest, I think this little adventure we've been plunged in is a big wake up call for Nagisa.
Before it never really occurred to me just how spoiled the kid really was until I asked him how much your typical gallon of milk costed and his answer quote in quote was, "Don't we get our own cows?"

With the windows rolled down, I hum along to the music blasting through the radio. My navy blue hair was tucked underneath a blond wig as I propped my sunglasses on top of my head to hold back my bangs. I had decided to actually disguise myself as a girl which I technically was but you get the gist. While driving down the road towards my building, I pass a Black SUV. The front passenger and I made eye contact for a split second before I turned back to the road. As I was turning into the long drive way for our apartment complex, I heard tires screech and my eyes snapped to the rear view mirror cursing as the SUV made a U turn in the middle of the street.