Tortured [22]

*warning: Some parts may be triggering. Do not read if mentally prone to gore, blood, or violence*

||

Closing the door behind me softly I sigh in exhaustion. My legs were killing me from having to walk all the way back to where I had hid my car. I only thanked Kami for having enough gas to get back.

My eyes catch sight of Nagisa sitting in front of the security laptop, his back rising and falling. 'Has he been there all night..?' My eyes falter at the 11 year old as I walk around the couch to where he rested. His arm was hanging with the small phone I got him. I reach into my back pocket checking my phone immediately feeling guilty at the missed calls from the kid. He must've been worried... I should've atleast let the kid know before hand not to wait up for me. My eyes shift to the cat nuzzled into his leg watching my every move. I nodded in gratitude toward the feline even if it wouldn't understand. It killed me to leave Nagisa alone but it made my conscious light at knowing he had someone to keep him company. Picking up the small blanket on the couch I toss it on the sleeping blonde, shutting the laptop.
Going to leave I wince with small irk marks at the loud "meow"

'Stupid cat.'

"You're b-back" a small voice croaks behind me. "Gomen. I didn't mean to wake y-"
My eyes almost bulge out their sockets as arms wrap around my midsection tightly.
"I...I t-thought you weren't coming back..."

Wetness begins to seep through my shirt as the young boy shakes. Not knowing what to do I awkwardly wrap my arm around his head tenderly as the short boy silently cried into my stomach. "I have the sounds base location. Tomorrow I'll follow one of the members. I'm not sure how long I'll be" I trail off. "What if something happens...and you don't come back"

I frown at the thought of me not coming back this time. Shaking my head lightly I hold the kid at arms length. I couldn't afford to die. If I did then that would be game over. Dying was one thing, but leaving the kid alone was another. However, I had to be realistic...there was indeed a chance I would not make it to the end of this.
"If worst case scenario...I want you to get out of here. You know where the emergency bag is...if something happens to me I want you to speed dial 6. They'll take care of you. Better then I ever did."

A foreign look passes through his eyes before being replaced with fear. An emotion i hadn't seen in the kid in a while.
"No." He murmured shaking his head lightly.
My eyes widen as he tugs on my shirt making me come down to his eye level. "Promise me! Promise me you won't die!"

"Nagisa you know I can't..."

"PROMISE ME!" He yanks harder as a scowl graces his face, tears brimming his fuchsia eyes. (In pic^)

"Promise me you'll end this and that you won't die..." his volume now down to a hoarse whisper. I stare blankly as his knees began to cave in exhaustion. Now kneeling on my knees I look down at the unconscious boy.
Sighing I lift the boy up, his head resting in the crook of my neck. "Promise" he murmurs in his sleep as I make way to his room.
"I promise."
||

I wait in my car patiently my eyes following the 5 students walking to a black jeep. Kimimaro they're leader was no where to be found. If I remembered correctly he'd been sick the past few days.

Soon as they pull out of the school parking lot I follow from afar subtly making sure to conceal my car with others. The project with Sasuke and Tayuya was now finished as we had presented it today. Tayuya had been acting weird lately but it was safe to say she didn't exactly hate my guts anymore. In fact, she wasn't so bad despite the big bad sound attitude. It made me see that there was more to a person then labels. A gang didn't define you one bit. However, I couldn't let my beliefs cloud my judgement. I hadn't come this far for nothing. I would avenge my mother, my father, the old man, Asuna. My family. It may have seemed like I was doing it for myself but it was mainly for the blonde 11 year old I had been looking after since he was in diapers.