Akatsuki[31]

||

I peek one eye open, my jaw dropping at the smoke that came from the gun pointed at me.
Sasori smirks letting his hand fall back to his side with the gun.

"Blanks." He states.

I feel hands untie me as my eyes shift to Pein who's face held the same smirk.

"We could use those guts."

Massaging my wrists, I narrow my eyes at the ginger man.

"What makes you think I'd ever join you."

"Because Wether you like it or not you need us un." My red eyes clash with Deidara unnaturally stern blue ones.

"If you wanna protect that kid then the best shot you got at it is with us." Sasori added.

A newspaper is suddenly tossed on my lap, my face along with Nagisas plastered all over it.
1 million dollars. Triple the amount in yen.

"Youre one of the top wanted fugitives in America and almost every person, hitman, and mafia will be after you. I don't think you realize just how valuable you and that kid you're hiding are." Kakazu gruffly states crossing his arms.

"If that's the case then why don't you turn me in?" I murmur not understanding their motives.

Laughter suddenly errupts from behind me causing me to look at a laughing albino.
"Do you think we're that fucking stupid? The fucker who issued that bounty is Haru Yakuza. Me and the money grubber over there kidnapped his treasurer about a month ago on one of our Robin Hood type shit missions and hacked into the system to see how much money he had. The bastards fucking going bankrupt."

"Which means he would have to get the money from somewhere else." Kakazu added.

"Did you kill them?" Pein asks simply.

"Im innocent." i grit my teeth in irritation.
"Then why did you run un." i glance at Deidaras curious eyes before bursting out laughing at the idiocy of the question.
"An orphan with a history of dead parents in court? Yeah right. Its their word against mine."

"What happened?" Peins deep voice practically demands making me tense up. Tension builds thick in the room like snow on the ground.
After a few moments, I sigh reluctantly. Me telling them the truth about that night wouldn't really affect me.

"What was a family dinner one minute went to a shoot off the next. My uncle which I found out to be the old mans half brother betrayed us out of what I assume to be some old family grudge and sided with the sound. He killed the old man and my adoptive mother...Would've killed Nagisa to if it weren't for me. If what you say about him going bankrupt is true then i see why he's in such a hurry to kill us. At the end of the day it's a battle for the will that the old man left behind. If my uncle gets Nagisa its game over. Haru has always been a power hungry  man and hates competition. I have no doubt if he becomes head of Yakuza..."

"What would happen?" Itachi asks.

I close my eyes before opening.
"War."

Silence ensues throughout the room making me sigh inwardly. The whole situation was a lot to take in and I myself still didn't understand it but all I knew was one thing.

Pushing myself up I stand face to face, craning my neck to stare impassively at the large ginger haired man.
"Look i made a promise to that kid that I would protect him with everything I had. Do what you want but You're either on my side, by my side, or in my way, choose wisely."