The mountain between us [39]

Day 1: of being stranded
||

Darkness. He felt nothing, he saw nothing. His head was resting on something soft, the soft thing moved slightly underneath him causing him to groan. Why couldnt it just stay still.

It was quiet for a while then a cold chill sipped through his veins. It became colder and colder that he just had to open his eyes.

Hazel orbs clashed with exhausted red ones. "Rise in shine sleeping beauty."

I watch lazily as Sasori pushed himself up. "How do you feel?" i asked as he looked around silently before releasing a fit of coughs. I hurriedly grabbed a curved rock with melted warm snow and bring it to his lips. He eagerly grasped onto the rock, gulping down the liquid. After a moment, i bring the empty rock away and move to get up to get some more so i could heat it up with the small fire i got going on. I halt at a sudden loose grip on my elbow. My tired eyes meet his confused narrowed ones. "H-how long have i been out?" he asks hoarsely.

"A day." i reply with a sigh.

"Where are we?"

"Hell if i know."

He scowls at my tone but i shake his hand off going to the edge of the cave and squatting down to scoop up snow.
"How come no one had made contact? Where the hell are Kisame-" Sasori winced as his head began to pound.

"I dont know!" i snap at the red head plopping back down in front of the red head. I take the piece of fabric i had ripped from his scarf and dip it in the water.
"What are you doing bra-" Snatching his chin in my hand, i turn it slightly as i dab the small gash on his temple.
"I only woke up beside you, 24 hours ago and know no more then you do so stop asking bloody questions already."

Sasori looked at the feminine male taken aback. This was a new side he had never seen of the pretty boy and if anything it was like theyre attitudes had switched. He wanted to say something mean, but he couldn't because he knew he was wrong. So he stayed quiet.

Once i treated his wound well more like dabbed it with a piece of wet scarf i turn back to the fire. Tossing another few sticks into the flames i reach into my pocket pulling out a small unopened twix bar. Taking a bite of one stick of the two that came in the wrapper i wince at how it was frozen hard. Quickly, i hover it a few feet from the fire till it got warm. I feel hands touch the opened candy wrapper and immediately grip his wrist with a glare.
"Who said you could have the other piece." i hiss with a glare as he glared back.
"Seriously brat! You're gonna sit here and eat right here in front of my face and not share?" He growls out.
"Well how about you ask first before putting your meaty claws on my shit!" An irk mark stains his temple before he sighs reluctantly.
"May i have the other piece please?"

"Nope."

His eyes turn to saucers in rage as i stick the other piece in my pocket. Reaching in another pocket i offer a hand full of random berries i had picked.
"I was saving them for later but you can chow on these." His eyes stare at the oddly colored green berries blankly. I shrug going to put them back in my pocket but my jaw drops as he smacks the objects out of mt hand.
"What the hell is your problem!? Those were supposed to hold us for the day!?"i shriek with a glare. 'Of all the people i had to be fucking stuck with?!'
"Those were poisonous."

My eyes widen as he picks up one of the fallen berries and holds it up. "White, yellow, and green berries are 90% poisonous if ingested." he suddenly lift my arm and rolls my sleeve up alittle. Smashing the berry on my forearm my eyes widen after a minute as skin turns red. "Woah." i whisper as he wipes the juice off my arm with the damp scarf cloth. "Wait..."
He raises a brow as i roll my sleeve back up with an irritated glare."why didnt you use your arm to test it?"