His past *special chapter*[28]

||
Once everything was prepared I peek into the living room wondering where we were gonna eat since we didn't exactly have a dining table. 'Guess the coffee table will do...' I sigh inwardly. "You have a cat...?" Sasoris voice breaks my train of thought. Peeking over my shoulder, my body stills as the red head goes to pet Satan himself.
"DOLLFACE N-"

My jaw drops as Sasori looks over his shoulder at me boredly the cat putty in his hands

He hums in confusion as I shakily point at the black cat in astonishment. The cat actually let another human being other then Nagisa touch it...Out of all other humans it let...Sasori touch it. "WHAT DOES DOLLFACE HAVE THAT I DONT HUH?!"

My ears twitch at the sound of the front door opening, my form going still in realization.
"Tsugumi-nii?" The familiar 11 year olds voice echoes through the house. Jesus just take me now.
"Who's that...?"
My head rigidly turns to the blonde haired boy whose wig was off whilst paused from taking his contacts out. 'How...could I...fucking forget about NAGISA!?'

Sasori narrows his eyes at the younger boy. For some reason the kid looked familiar but the redhead couldn't place where. However, the fact that the younger boy called the girlish boy Tsugumi raised red flags. 'Now that I think about it, he did put that name on his test...?'
"Dollface this is Nagisaki Yagami...my little brother. Nagisaki this is Sasori Akasuna, a friend from school."

Nagisa's eyes flit to me in caution making me blink twice. He relaxes slightly letting a small grin adorn his face. "Bout time. I was starting to think I'd be your only friend Tsu-nii."
Irk marks stain my temple as I let a fake smile adorn my face whilst Sasori coughs into his hand with a snicker. Nagisa suddenly starts sniffing, his face contorting into a starry eyed expression. "YOU COOKED DINNER THIS YEAR!" He shouts in glee racing to the kitchen. Running my hands through my hair, my cheeks heat up in embarrassment.
"Since he's here I guess we can start eating now." I murmur bringing Sasori from whatever world he was in.
||
I stuff my face in content as Nagisa babbled about his day at school.
"A-and there's this girl." His usual calm voice switches to a shy timid one making me nearly choke on my food. Girl..girl!? In the years that Ive looked after Nagisa. Not once had he ever...ever shown an interest in the female species. The only things he worried about academics and the flower festival. If anything I acted more like a "boy " as the old man used to say then Nagisa did. Does that mean...that time is coming. My face pales at the thought of having to do it...I mean eventually this was going to happen. He wasn't getting any younger after all. Clearing my throat I set my turkey leg down feeling Nagisa and Sasoris curious gaze on me.
"There comes a time in every mans lif-"

"GOD NO TSU-NII ITS NOT LIKE THAT!"

As if a arrow shot straight through my heart I anime cry. Sasori sweatdrops from beside me at my actions before shaking his head. "Seriously? At the table brat?"
"What that's how he was created?"
They both give me disgusted looks making me roll my eyes. I mentally huff remembering when the old man had to explain the birds and the bees to me. He didn't beat around the bush with it? 'This table is where Nagisa was created.'
I go to say something more but Sasori covers my mouth with an irritated expression making me sulk. 'This is what I get for trying to help.' "Do you like this girl?" Sasori asks lightly making my eyes widen at his soft tone.
My eyes shift to Nagisa, a small blush slowly staining his cheeks. "I don't know. She's nice and she's the only one that helps me take care of the flowers at school...she's really pretty too..." he murmurs as my mouth parts in awe at the kids adorable expression. "You should tell her that then." My shocked eyes shift to Sasori again at the calm yet patient expression.
"N-no way! I-I can't do that! W-what if she r-rejects me!"

"Why would you think that?" I question. No pedo but Nagisa wasn't a bad looking kid. I could tell when he got older that he'd definitely be a looker.
His eyes cast down, "All the other kids make front of me because I'm wimpy and gentle. They call me homosexual names because I'd rather tend to the school garden then play sports."
A frown graces my face at his word but is wiped off my face at Sasoris next words. He reaches over and ruffled Nagisas hair.
"Don't worry about what other people think. Besides only strong men can afford to be gentle."

Nagisas eyes glass up for a moment in shock at Sasoris calm words before shaking the upcoming tears away. Letting a small grin grace his face Nagisa nods digging into his food once more. Sasori brings his hand back and goes back to eating his food too. However, I couldn't stop staring at the red head next to me in awe. Sasoris bores hazel eyes meet mine with a raised brow. "What?" He mumbles as I still continue to stare making him uncomfortable. "That was beautiful." I whisper with animated tears bluntly making the red head sweat drop. The rest of the dinner was filled with small talk here and there, a relaxing silence settling over us. Sasori did at one point ask about our beloved nonexistent grandmother but I simply made an excuse saying she was working late. Nagisa soon left for bed leaving me and sasori alone.
"So What was bothering you earlier?" I sigh leaning against the couch.
"Nothing." He answers making me roll my eyes. "I've been around you long enough to know that that's a lie." He stays silent in response making me sigh. "If it's nothing then I won't pry." I say going to get up to put the dishes in the sink but halt at a loose grip on my pant leg. Setting the plates back down on the coffee table I take a seat once again next to him.

Sasori looks blankly forward with half lidded eyes. He didn't know why he was putting his trust in the annoying pretty boy. Taking a deep breath the red head ruffles his locks uneasily.
"My mother and father died in a car accident when I was around the age of 9."

Flashback:

A young boy sat on the floor in the living room tinkering with wooden parts, the news channel playing on the tv. An older lady rested on the couch behind him with a soft expression. It had been almost a week since her son and daughter in law had been gone and she was starting to worry. Chiyo jumped slightly causing the young red haired boy to peer at her curiously. She excused herself to the kitchen where the sound of the house phone blared throughout the silent house.
"

Akasuna residence?"

Chiyo stayed silent as with each second the person spoke on the other end of the phone, her grip loosened on it as well. The phone slowly slipped out of her hands, her heart stopping at the heartbreaking news she had just received. She refused to believe it. Walking slowly back into the room unaware of the silent tears rushing down her wrinkled cheek, her eyes widen at the news report. The recording of a destroyed ignited car similar to her sons pops on the screen. Her old eyes shift to her silent grandson whose eyes were glued to the screen unmoving.

"This just in: a married couple-"

Snatching the remote up from the couch, Chiyo switches the channel before the reporter could finish the incident. Catching her grandsons attention the young boy peers over his shoulder a hopeful look in his eye. "Was that Okaa and Otou-San on the phone?" Right then and there Chiyo felt her heart break. Mustering a fake smile the older woman.
"Yes. They said that they love you and they'll be back soon!"
||

Sasori gritted his teeth in internal pain at the memory. How his own blood could sit there with a smile and lie.
"She lied. Even when a year passed that hag still kept that same damn infuriating smile. Even when I knew, she still had that same smile, as if everything was gonna be ok." Sasori felt his indifferent composure breaking as the pain he had locked away from all these years began to seep through. He couldn't help but mentally curse himself for his weakness.
"I loved my parents. And for my own grandmother to sit there and and lie about it pissed me off. I'd rather cry about the truth then smile about a lie. People like her disgust me."

Staying silent I didn't know what to say. For once I had no words. I had no room to speak as I believed everyone had a reason for things. Sasori has his reasons and I'm sure his grandmother had hers. In a sense me and dollface were the same. Both of us were prisoners of our past. I didn't have the right to judge yet unless I met his grandmother myself so I settled for something else. Pushing myself up I pick the dishes up with one hand. It was completely out of character but it was the only thing I could think of. His hazel eyes shoot up clashing with mine in disbelief as my other hand tenderly rested on his head.
"I understand."
||
~Author-Sama
How do you guys feel about Sasoris past? Do you think he has the right to be mad at chiyo ??sorry for the slow updates, exams are right around the corner so yeah but rest assured this book will continue