Thanksgiving puppet *special chap*[27]

||
"I'm glad you've decided to spend Thanksgiving with us Sasori..."
The red head clicks his teeth in annoyance, his hazel eyes piercing the elderly woman that sat across from him. It was still early in the day and they were already eating the food. But then again Sasori wasn't surprised. When he was younger his grandmother was always to busy for holiday traditions. 'Some things never change.' He thought grimly.

Ebizo, The elder brother of the woman looked between the grandmother and son worriedly. It had been some time since the boy actually stayed home and even when he visited he didn't stay long. It was no secret that the boy and his grandmother didn't get along.
"I only came because Jii-sama pleaded me too." Sasori nodded stoicly towards Ebizo making the man sweatdrop.

Chiyo frowned, her eyes glancing at her elder brother beside her before sighing inwardly. She had done everything she could to get back in her grandsons good graces but he now only disregarded her with indifference. It made the older woman's heart quench as everytime she looked at the teenage boy it reminded her of her deceased son and step daughter.
"Your mother would be disappointed to hear you talk like that."

Sasori narrowed his eyes at the usual pitiful look his grandmother always gave him. "well she's not here is she. Or are we still gonna act like she is granny."

A deafening silence ensued making the red head stand up abruptly, the sound of the entrance to the house slamming. Chiyo sighed in sorrow before glancing at her silent brother.
"He hates me Ebizo."

"What can you expect imoto? You lied to him."

"To protect him!"

"him or your self?"

Chiyos eyes saddened. When her son had died she had slowly shut her self away from the world and didn't want to accept it. She would often busy herself with her work or puppetry. The only time she interacted with her grandson was once and a blue moon and even when she did she'd accidentally call him his father's name as the boy looked a lot like her son.
Because of that whenever the young boy asked about his parents she'd always find an excuse. "They'll be back soon."
She had said the phrase so much to the boy he had begun to finish the sentence before she could finish it. After a year she knew that the boy deep down knew that his parents were never coming back. However, she kept pretending that they were as the truth would've crushed the young boy. Chiyo had thought she was doing what was best for her grandson but...seeing the childish admiration that was now replaced with loathing in his eye...Seeing that expression made it hurt more. She was a terrible grandmother. And she should've been there when her grandson needed her the most.
||
"Thank fucking goodness I caught the sale..." I murmur with a sweat drop taking my eyes off the road for a second to look at the giant turkey in the backseat. It was now thanksgiving break which shouldn't even be considered a break since we only get 2 days off. It was the only think I hated about japan. Unlike America, Japan hardly ever got long holiday breaks. The country was ruled by a bunch nerds. But then again I can't complain..."least it's better then the talking orange." I murmur unaware of the figure walking across the street.
My red eyes flit back to the road before turning to saucers.
"OH KAMI AND ALL THINGs HOLY SHIT!!!"
||
"You seem to have a fucking record at hitting me brat."
Animated tears stream from my eyes as I set the turkey to thaw in the sink. There was no way I could've tooken him to the hospital. 'That would just add on to the multiple counts I have now.' I mentally sweatdrop at the felony I still secretly have. Turning around, I avoid the red heads glare as he had an ice pack pressed to his rib. "I said I was sorry." I mumble turning my nose up high with a huff making irk marks appear on his temple.
Expecting a long lecture I cross my arms as steam comes out his ear. However, my eyes widen as he exhales silently his annoyed face contorting into a calm one. Not sparing a glance, he sets the ice pack down with a small thanks and walking towards the door. My eyes furrow at the lack of reaction and before I knew it my limbs move on their own.
"Doll face...."

His wrist was now in my grip whilst his back still facing me as he stood half way out the door.
"Are you...feeling well?" The same words he had asked me fall out my mouth. I feel my cheeks warm slightly at my actions but somehow I knew. Even if we hadn't known each other for long... That something was wrong...i mean it's thanksgiving? Shouldn't he be with his family? And If not them I'm sure the Akatsuki have something cooked up. Right??
I mentally curse myself for thinking that. Not every mafia was the same.
I'm brought back to reality as he roughly yanks his wrist from my grip making me flinch at the unexpected action. "Why would you care." His usual monotone voice responds.

Pushing out the front doors of the apartment Sasori stares blankly ahead of him, masking his anger. The red head wasn't the type to take his frustrations out on other people but he couldn't help it in the moment. The hurt look that flashed across the navy haired kids face made the redhead feel something he wasn't accustomed to. Guilt. He knew the right thing to do was apologize but he knew his pride would get in the way.

He paused though as light footsteps skidded to a halt behind him. Eyes widened he looked over his shoulder once again. He felt heat rise to his cheeks in embarrassment and shock at the pretty boys persistence.
"Stay for dinner dollface!"
||
The kitchen was a mess. Correction, a hot mess. Every kind of cooking utensil you could ever think of was strewn somewhere. "Come over for dinner they said. It will be fun they said." The antagonizing red heads voice says from beside me. Irk marks stain my temple as I shoot a glare whilst I mash the mashed potatoes on the stove as if I'm churning butter for god. "By all means you can leave now dollface!"

He huffs turning his nose up high with a smug smirk. "I wouldn't give you the satisfaction."

"Me or those poor carrots you're hacking away at?"

His smug expression turns to one of annoyance as he incorrectly chops un-proportioned sizes of carrot pieces for the stuffing. It was no lie that Sasori was a perfectionist. His expertise lies in manufacturing things so why...couldn't he simply cut carrots!? With each mutated piece of carrot his patience ran thin as he couldn't cut the pieces small and nice. Glancing over at the navy haired kid his scowl stretches as the kid appeared from one place to another as if he was in hell in a kitchen. His glare faltered at the small soft expression on Tsu's face. It was obvious that Tsu had a knack for cooking. Sasori couldn't help but let a small smile adorn his features. The same look Tsu had was the same look he had when he was making his puppets. 'Guess we do have something in common after all brat.' His hazel eyes shift back to the cutting board before him, a dreary aura surrounding him. Before Sasori could take another failed crack at another new carrot his eyes widen as small hands rest on his.

Standing beside Sasori unaware of our close proximity, I reach over and position the knife correctly in his hand. Next I guide his still hands to the carrot. "Like this." I murmur maneuvering him to press down vertically the carrot being sliced into baton cuts. Then I angle the hand holding the knife and press his hand down as a nice diced cube rests on the board. I glance up to check if he now understood but my breath hitches. His eyes were gazing into mine, an unreadable expression on his face. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. Why was my heart beating so fast? I mean it was just dollface...so why...

*DING*

Brought back to reality I remove my hands quickly from him flashing to the oven and taking out the golden brown rolls. Setting the rolls on the counter I try to calm my erratic heart. 'Idiot it's just dollface! Get a grip man!'
||

Author-sama
Hmmm who do you ship Tsugumi with?