Nothing personal [15]

Revised 7/22
||

"Do you want one?"

I stare into surprised teal eyes as I sit down with my lunch calmly.

Gaara gazed up in surprise that someone other then his brother or sister was actually talking to him. He was more surprised to find that that someone was none other then Yuri Yagami.

"Well do you." I glance at the last riceball on my tray in expectancy.

I had noticed he didn't have any lunch so offering mine up was the only way to have an excuse to talk to him. I could feel the eyes of my rookie associates that I had sat with moments prior burning into my back. I didn't care. I talked to who I wanted to when I wanted to. Especially when that person had the information I needed.

His eye twitched, "no."
He finally said in a cold voice.

I quirk a brow in amusement as a loud growl erupted from his stomach causing him to scowl, "Doesn't sound like it?"

"I'm-"

Another growl.

"Not-"

And another.

"Hungry." He hisses out as I was trying to hold back a laugh.

"Just take it." I nod towards the rice ball with a light smirk. He looked at me in irritation as another gargantuous sound came from his stomach.

"Do you know where you're sitting?" He growled.

"A table." I calmly said as his eyebrow twitched again.

"No," he said letting out an aggravated sigh.

"This is my table." I squint my eyes scanning the table for any proof of his owner ship over it. After all the energy I wasted to come over, he really expected me to get up and go back.

"Is your name on the table?"

"No."

"Did you perhaps make the table?"

"No."

"Did you buy the table?"

"No."

"Then it's not your table." I concluded bluntly as I continued to munch on my rice ball.

Gaara was speechless for a second. Technically this was the first real conversation he had ever had with anyone other then his siblings, and even they had never spoken to him that way. But surprisingly, he didn't want to beat up the defiant pretty boy whom sat in front of him.

"You're different from others." He muttered started, "You're not afraid of me."

"Way to make me the Cliche wattpad MC who's not afraid of the schools bad boy." I mumbled to myself.

"What?"

"Nothing." I spoke up.

Gaara furrowed his nonexistent brows, trying to figure out what it is I wanted. "Listen, I need information and I heard you were the best guy to go to. Besides, If we're going to be locker mates for the rest of the school year, we might as well get along?"

He looked at me strangely as if the term 'friends' was an alien word he had never heard of. For a moment, Gaara didn't know how to respond. Gaara didn't do friends, in fact he didn't do much of anything with anyone. People, especially friends were nothing but mere illusions in life. They come and go.

Just like...

A memory from long ago resurfaces causing his guard to spring right back up.