Unnecessary Pain[52]

||
I shoot awake in a cold sweat.
My brows knit together at the dream, wiping away the stray tears that slipped from my eye.

Crimson eyes scan the familiar room before finally landing on a certain redhead whose head rested on the edge.
'Has he been by my side all day?'

Memories of my fight with Kabuto resurface, leaving me to wonder how i ended up in the puppeteers room. "Youre awake."
I nearly jump out of my skin as he opens one eye lazily. Nodding, i go to get up but he stops me. My brows knit at his troubled expression, this being the first time i had ever seen him look so bothered and even alittle nervous.

"While we were out attacking Orochimaru, the base was breached." It seemed like Kami couldnt give me a damn break because his next words cause my stomach to plummet. "Konan and Gaara were injured trying to protect Nagisa from what i assume to be your former gang. The same male that tried to run us off the road was the one who took him. They took Nagisa." Any words i had were caught in my throat as he slowly hands me the broken phone i had gotten from the warehouse. The phone was now fixed and i could do nothing but stare at it emptily. "Its been ringing every 3 minutes since we got back. We tried answering but they only wanna talk to you."

As if on cue, the phone rings. Faster then lightning i snatch the phone up and press it to my ear. "Where is he!?" I hiss, malicious intent lacing my tone.

"Gomen but i belive you are in no position to be making demands Tsugumi."

I grit my teeth in rage at my uncles nonchalant words.

"Haru."

"No need to be so ill mannered. My nephew is safe and sound and will stay that way unless you do exactly as i say."

I keep silent, glancing into Sasoris calculating eyes briefly.
"I know your little Akatsuki buddies are listening in so I'll give you a riddle as to where we're at. Does When the sun sets, we meet again. Ring a bell?"

Eyes widening in shock, my mind instantly goes to one place he'll be hiding out at. I didnt know how he knew that phrase or why but i honestly didnt care anymore.

"You have 48 hours. Come alone, or ill kill the boy. Got it."

"Let me speak to him, please." I plead in defeat. The other end goes silent for a second before shuffling is heard.

"G-gumi-nii!"

My eyes widen at his terrified voice, before i could say anything the line goes dead. Not wasting any time, i swing my legs over the bed and blast out the door. I ignored Sasoris protest as i go to walk out the base, briefly wondering where everyone was at.

"Tsugumi!" Sasori snaps, this time keeping a firm grip on my elbow.

"What?" I hiss.

"Its Itachi, he killed Orochimaru but..." His eyes cast down causing my eyes to falter at the unsual sorrow in his hues.

"Hes in the hospital. Itachi's dying."
||
I walk hastedly through the white halls, the stench of death and medicine inflaming my nostrils. I try to keep a calm expression as the nurse guided me and Sasori to his room, but with each step my heart began to beat faster. Seven Familiar figures could be seen from a distance, an eery aura surrounding the group as they waited outside a door.

Hidan for once was quiet, leaned against the wall, Kakazu standing a few feet beside him. Deidara was slumped in a chair, his usual glistening visible eye was empty whilst Tobi sat next to him, unnaturally silent, head facing the floor. Pein had his head in his hands making no sound as Konan whom looked roughed up rubbed his back tenderly, a sad look gracing her features.