Demons [17]

7/22 revised

||

"I PASSED DOLLFACE!"

Ignoring the incredulous looks from the other students, I zoom down the hall with starry eyes. An irk mark erupted on his temple in embarrassment as I bob up and down in front of him on my feet.

"W-would ya keep it down brat! People are staring." He hissed, dragging me into the empty boys bathroom.

"Now what is it." He quirks a brow whilst crossing his arms.

A wide Cheshire grin erupts on my face as I shove the graded paper in his face.He takes the paper calmly, his eyes scanning the sheet before a look of disbelief overtook his features.

"Congratulations..."

His hazel eyes stared at the big red 90% on the paper, secretly impressed at how high the kid got despite only studying for a week.

A smile decorates my features as I looked at the redhead in gratitude. "It's thanks to you dollface!" 

He stares for a second before looking away with a scowl whilst his hand hid his lower face. My eyes falter at the action as I look down, my mind drifting to the conversation me and Gaara has yesterday.

"Oi Sasori..."

Hazel eyes meet red as the puppeteer feigned indifference. His brows furrow as I bring out a wad of money.

"I'm not sure if you lost that bet you obviously had on me but I remember you mentioning 200$ so..."

I try to hand him the money but he looks away stepping back. "I won, so keep it."

"But even so, you didnt have to waste your time tutoring me..." my brows knit as my gaze remains on the ground.

"Take the money, it's the least I can d-"

My mouth parts as his hand places my free hand on top of the money covering it and  pushing my hand back.

"I said keep it." He sighs inwardly. If it were anyone else he would've snatched the money right then and there but somehow he couldn't find it in himself to.

A silence passes between us before he walks past me toward the bathroom door. "So you won the bet, that's it."

He paused mid way out the door.

Should I tell him about the one with itachi?

Sasori could already tell that Yuri thought the only reason he even talked to him was because of the bet.
"Yeah, only with Deidara."

He headed to the art room, his mind on overdrive. Why did he lie? He knew there was still another bet on the kid with Itachi yet for some reason he didn't wanna admit it. Was it because the red head actually grew to think of the prettyboy as a friend? He shook it off as Yuri fell into step next to him, both walking to their last class in silence.
||

"Tsu-niiii" I open one eye humming in response as the 11 year old bounces in front of me with his book bag.

"Promise you won't get mad." He says innocently cradling his bookbag weirdly.

"What's in the bag?" I say skeptically as I sit up slowly going to reach for it.

He steps back with doe like eyes holding his pinky out.

"Promise!" I roll my eyes at his immaturity loosely hooking my pinky with his as he sets his book bag down and unzips it.

My eyes nearly bulge out their sockets as he lifts out a tuff of black fur.

"Meow."

"Put it back."

"But Tsuuuu I cant! It was all alone in the cold with no Kaa -chan!?"

"You don't know that, it's mom could be coming back. Besides, it's 68 degrees it will survive."

He pouts trying to push the kitten near my face as I lean back away from the creature.

"But look at it! You can't say no t-"

"No."

His eyes widen with fake tears as he hugs the animal to his chest. My eyes widen as he suddenly intakes air, his cheeks inflated.

"Cmon Nagisa not this again." I squint irritably as he was now holding his breath. Something he used to do when he was younger whenever he didn't get his way.

"We can barely take care of ourselves we can't just..."
I sweatdrop, his face started turning blue. The feline in his hold pawed in my direction as if telling me to say yes.

Sighing exasperatedly, I nod as he falls back comically heaving for the lost air. I roll my eyes as he hugs my waist peering up at me with a small grin. I look away from the adorable sight coughing into my hand slowly removing him off me.

"It's your responsibility."

He nods eagerly and set the cat on the coffee table he races to the kitchen.

Probably getting it food. I thought, gazing blankly at the animal.

"Aw your kind of cute." I murmur.

I lean down slightly reaching my hand out to pet it but stiffen as chomps down on my hand.

"HOLY MOTHER OF FUCKING—!"
I wrench my hand back, with saucer eyes.
Nagisa races back a second later with a small glass of milk.

"What happened! Are you okay!?!"

"NO IM NOT OKAY! THAT LITTLE FLEE BAG BIT M-"

My jaw drops as he nuzzles the cat worriedly, ignoring my pulsing red finger.

"It's okay little fella! Did that big meanie hurt you?"

"IM THE VICTIM HERE!" I screech in disbelief but
he nuzzles the cats cheek with doubtful eyes glaring at me with a pout.

"Poor Max here wouldn't hurt a fly!" He retorts turning away as the cat creepily grinned at me as if mocking me.

"That little devils the spawn of Satan"  I point but wrench my hand back in fear as he tried to nip at my hand again, unseen by Nagisa.

"IT DID IT AGAI-"

Nagisa intakes a large amount of air in once again, making me halt with an irk mark.

"Fine! But keep that demon away from me!"

I march into the kitchen grabbing the ingredients for  spaghetti aggressively. As I'm making dinner, I glance at Nagisa every now and then my lips twitching as he played with the cat.

It was no doubt that he was different from other kids his age. He was more sensitive and pure hearted. Despite all the shit we got ourselves in, he still kept that same caring nature. Even if the cat was evil, I'd withstand it if it made the kid happy.

|~Author-sama|
Hope your enjoying story :3 little cute Nagisa chapter