Chapter 14 Imperius

The next day Madam Pomfrey let her leave the wing, she missed her first two classes that were held in the morning, her third class was Defence Against The Dark Art, and she already missed the first class which was the same when she got injured, so technically it was her first class of DADA she seated with the Greengrass on the third-second desk on the first row. She looked around at the other students' everyone's faces showed how much they wanted to avoid this class and she knew the reason very well, Professor Moody entered the class and announced that he gonna put the Imperius Curse on each student to explain how this work, to demonstrate it's power and to see whether they could able to resist its effects. Hearing his words was enough to frighten Mira's soul. She didn't want to be a part of this class at all.
The class started, and he looked at his student like they were prey for him he cast the spell on Dean Thomas first and he lost following professor moody every order, some Slytherin students laughed at him but Mira's face stayed serious and disguised by all thing second was Lavender Brown after her Neville Longbottom, then came Harry Potter, he was the only one who fought with that spell as she already know, and the list went on, she was hating every single moment she saw happening in the class. he turned toward Slytherin students, Millicent Bulstrode, Goyle, Crabbe then Greengrass he made her stand on the desk and sing some weird songs Mira could even able to look at Greengrass was angrily glaring at the professor with the shed of tears in her eyes. Professor Moody called Mira's name looking at her with his normal eyes and said "Miss Vain you are not present in my first class, I heard you injured yourself with the wrong spell" She didn't look at him when she replied to him "Yes professor" her voice was low, her heart started to beat fast that she didn't afford to have but still she stood straight in the front of him, "Are you all right now?" professor moody asked her, "My hand is injured except that everything is fine professor" she said.
"It's good then I can do that Imperius" he exclaimed staring at her bandaged hand "Open your bandage Miss Vain" he ordered. She looked at him for the first time in their conversation and asked with confusion "Why?" She added looking at her injured hand "My hand is injured I don't think it a good idea to remove the bandage"
"Miss Vain" he called her name she looked at him "You didn't feel anything strange in your body?" Professor Moody asked her with a serious tone. she look around and noticed the class whole was silently staring at her with weird expressions she gulped nervously "How?" Moody mumbled she truned her eyes on him at that moment bell rung indicating  that class was over but everyone still sitting on their desk no one even moved from their seats or say anything she started to felt strange by everyone reaction "what is happening' she asked to herself she felt the sharp pain in her chest, she couldn't able to breath properly she run leaving the class, he wanted to run to her from but her body started to gave up she just abled to truned to other corridor she leaned on the wall putting her whole weight on the wall she tried to relax like doctor told her to buy nothing happened, she also tried to breath properly but it's only getting worst she slide bown in floor tears falling from her eyes, she heard the sound of footsteps around her all the whispers she saw familiar hair colour of the boy sit on the knees in the front of her and said in a low voice "breath Mira breath" he turned and shouted other students "informed any professor" professor Moody come there but exact that moment professor Snape also came making her way from the crowd of students and saw the situation Draco sitting on her knees front of Mira worried professor Snape immediately pick her bridal style and headed to the hospital wing' Draco and Hermione followed them and professor Moody also went with them.
Professor Snape stopped Hermione and Draco outside and went inside the hospital wing carrying Mira Professor Moody followed him inside, Draco and Hermione stood outside of the door and glanced at each other then Draco turned and leaned on the wall next to the door closing his eyes, Hermione eyes was still on him. When Harry and Ron came there and saw Hermione looking at Draco they glance at him and then turned to Hermione.
"Are you alright Malfoy?" Hermione asked him with little concern. Ron and Harry looked at her with surprised expressions on their faces. Ron opened his mouth to say something but he stopped when they heard Draco spat at Hermione "Don't talk to me you mud blood"
"Watch your mouth Malfoy," Harry hollered at him. "leave it, Harry," Hermione said to Harry then looked at Draco and said, "he just helps a muggle-born or we say in his language a mud blood". Draco snapped open his eyes glaring at her and said "I helped her because she is a Slytherin", "Huh! Really? That's the reason you told yourself Malfoy, hmm! I will make sure that your Father heard about that" Hermione said with a mocking tone turning her eyes away from him. Draco got angry ready to talk attack glaring at her but he stopped when he saw Dumbledore coming there in a hurry, Dumbledore straight went inside without looking at them and closed the door.
"I hope she is alright," Harry said and put his hand on Hermione shoulder for comforted her "It's just a panic attack she will be alright," Hermione said but she didn't believe in her own word totally.
"What about that curse Professor Moody cast on her? I mean—" Ron asked them.
"Harry is not only in the world able to fight the curses," Draco blurted. Ron just ignored him ready to complete his sentence But Hermione butted in
"Yeah he is right she is not weak," Hermione said. "Hey, guys I wanted to say if Professor Moody did something to her," Ron said to them. The three looked at him thinking 'If he is right Moody didn't look like a good person, it doesn't matter how many people trust him or not he is quite not the right person' but their thought got interpreted by the loud voice of Dumbledore hollered "don't cast any dangerous curse on the students, do you even what could happen" door suddenly opened professor Snape walked out closing the door behind him and looked at four students outside said "she is alright. it's just a panic attack, now go to your classes"
They all left the hospital wing but their mind still stuck there. Professor Snape looked at them leaving then again went inside the wing and saw Mira seated on the bed looking better than before and Dumbledore just sat on the chair next to the bed Mira's eyes turned to him then she asked him "Are they all gone?".
"They are" Professor Snape replied to her question, she nodded at him "I have a class so I am leaving first,"  Professor Snape told them leaving the hospital wing. Dumbledore's eyes went to Moody who just staring at them "You also have class," Dumbledore reminded Professor Moody, "yeah yeah I have some classes" Professor Moody also left mumbling to himself once everyone left Dumbledore's eyes went to her "So what happened?". he asked her.
"He said imperius, then asked me to remove my bandage but I didn't do that then he asked me if I am feeling strange but I didn't feel anything everyone looking at me very weirdly so I just panicked you know I never go outside so I'm not used to people looking at me" she explained to him unsure to herself if really that was the reason or not.
"Hmm! All thing is really new to you I can understand that," Dumbledore said thinking "But maybe there could be some other reason as well."
"You know Harry Potter also struggled with that curse but I didn't even feel that, do you know why?" She told him.
"I have some guesses but it can be dangerous to tell without making sure. So for now let's leave it at that." Dumbledore told her "Rest here for a while. You can go to your dorm after dinner if you feel like going.".
She lay down on the bed, mumbling "I feel like I'll spend the whole year in the hospital bed." Dumbledore chuckled lightly "It will not happen, maybe you will stay here for half a year." He said with a teasing tone I care about you, Mira." He told her with a serious tone "And I'm confused whether it would be okay to tell your father all about this or not?".
Mira looked at his face "Don't tell him anything, he will get worried. And I really don't know whether they will let me stay here or not."
"So definitely we should not tell anything. You need to stay here." Dumbledore said standing up "You rest, I'll find the answer for you," he said before leaving.