Chapter 28

Mira was seated on the Slytherin table with Draco, having breakfast. many students look at them weirdly because of the article from Rita Skeeter, but mostly they ignored all these things or mock everyone did, but sometimes Draco gave them witty answers to silence them for her, and it works very well. Cedric didn't say anything about the article to them even though he didn't come to them to talk or break jokes about that she wonder what happened to him.

Mira also become quiet and Draco didn't understand why she behaved like that, but he didn't ask anything about her behavior change. he thought of giving her own time to her solve whatever going on in her mind, 'if she want any help she going to ask him eventually is not like she had friends and She is kind dumb too' he thought to himself.
He looked at her face she clearly showed in her face that she thinking about something, and hardly took a few bits of her breakfast, a black owl dropped a letter in front of her shifting her attention looking at the letter and holding it in her hand.
"Your dad?" Draco asked her with raised eyebrows looking at the letter in her hand,

She shook her head and was about to open the letter but three more owls came flying toward them and landed in front of her with letters,
"I don't think it's my dad's letters," Mira said looking at the owls,
"Don't open them," said Draco to her,
"But I want to see, what's in them," said Mira looking at him, Draco took a letter from her hand, and opened it,
"Ridicules..." Draco said annoyingly, Mira tried to peek what was written in the letter with the unpleased look he passed it to her, it was not the handwritten letter but a news cutting.

A GIRL, WHO LIKE TO SEDUCE FAMOUS AND POPULAR BOY,

WHAT A DISGUSTING GIRL SHE IS.

"They're all like it!" said Draco opening another letter "What the hell are they even trying to do".
She had taken a letter from the owl, Draco glanced at the Gryffindor table then with wide eyes told her "Don't open it," but he was late, yellowish-green liquid smelling strongly of petrol already gushed over her hands, she looked at Draco with a horrified expression that turned into pain "It's burning" she said in low voice.
Draco left in a hurry with her to the hospital wing, when they enter the hospital wing, they saw Madam Pomfrey looking at Hermione's hand which was covered with the same liquid,
"Oh! Merlin, come here" said Madam Pomfrey looking at Mira's hand "It's the bubotuber pus".

"Draco you go to class, I will be there ahh after treatment," said Mira looking brave in front of him but her hand was burning badly before following Madam Pomfrey, but Draco didn't listen to her word and also followed her without the word, she looked at him and was about to say him to leave but suddenly Cedric came through the door in hurry and looked at her with a worried expression.
"Wh What happened?" asked Cedric looking at her hand covered in the yellowish-green liquid "It's the bubotuber pus, who did that to you?"
"Some hate mail," said Draco, in an ice-cold voice.
"You both," said Cedric looking at Hermione's hand.
"You both" Madam Pomfrey pointed at Cedric and Draco "shut up and stand there quietly if you want to stay".
Madam Pomfrey put a potion in their hand and told them to wait for a few minutes, Mira glanced at the boys standing at the corner whispering something to each other.
"They cared about you a lot," said Hermione to her, in a low voice, she looked at her.
"Yeah they do," said Mira again looking at them, "we have friends who care about us"
"Yeah" replied Hermione "you have anything in your mind for Rita Skeeter?".
"I have a lot of things in my mind lately," Mira said turning her eyes to her "Sometimes I think what I am doing is wrong"
Hermione looked at her "What's in your mind?"
"If I don't change anything, it's going to hurt many people, but If I did change, I don't know if the result will going to be the same or not" Mira looked at Hermione with a serious look "What do you think what should I have to do?"
"I don't think I am the right person to give you an answer," said Hermione "but I know whatever you do or going to do, you don't have any bad intentions in it" 'You really don't have any bad intentions I'm right?' Hermione thought. Mira properly looked at Hermione's face.
"Even if I didn't save him," said Mira, Hermione went silent looking at her face thinking 'is she serious'
"Forget it, what I said," said Mira looking away from her 'what the hell Mira you shouldn't have to say that to her, definitely I'm losing my mind'.
Madam Pomfrey came back with some bandage and said in a cheerful voice "Let's get rid of that girl" She slowly removed that bubotuber pus from their hand after removing their hands look all red "It's going to hurt a little" She put a thick paste on their hand and it really hurt not a little but a lot then she put a thick bandage in their hand "here you girls"
They exit the hospital wing together "Does it hurt?" Cedric asked looking still a little worried,
"A little bit," Mira replied.
"I'm going to file a complaint about them who send that letter," said Cedric in anger.
"It not use, we have to think another way to solve this," said Hermione
"Yeah you are right," said Draco,
Hermione looked at Draco with surprise and said "You agree with me?" Draco rolled his eyes but didn't say anything,
"By the way, I have a class to attend so I am leaving," Cedric pointed his finger at her "Don't open unknown things, letters, just burn them understood".
"Yeah, I will be careful next time," said Mira.
Cedric look at Draco and said with a serious tone "Keep your eyes on her"
Mira, Draco, and Hermione were walking toward them across the lawn where the class was held, Pansy was watching them beadily and also hatefully at Draco and Mira.

The whole week went like that she got hate and also Hermione, people say hateful things about her but not as they said about Hermione, her situation was worst than Mira,
Mira's mind was covered with Cedric's death thing about "what to do about that?" the start of the summer went like she went quieter, forgetting things, Draco and Cedric also notice that behavior of her and got worried they asked many times to her "what happen?", but she always said "nothing", in the last week of May professor Snape held back her after potion class.
"You are to go down to the Quidditch field tonight at nine o'clock. said Professor Snape in his usual tone "Bagman will be there to tell the champions about the third task.".
'last task huh! Finally here'.

...

Mr. Kim drop Kevin at home and drove away, Kevin saw a familiar owl outside the door that flew away leaving the letter he picked up the letter and unlocked the door and entered the home, and closed the door behind him, he turned on the light entering living room he put down letter on the table and took off the coat throwing on the sofa and he cozy up, "Steve" he called up but no one answered he knew that no one going to answer when he found that light was off. It had been a long time since the lights of the house were switched off when he returned home. This feeling of loneliness which he had not felt for a long time.
He took a bath changing his cloth into comfy ones he went into the kitchen and saw dinner was already ready, he heat the dinner and sat on the dining table, and headed toward Steve's room he opened the door without knocking and saw a pale figure sleeping on the bed on his stomach over the sheets in a black shirt and pants shoes still on he walked toward the bed and removed his shoes first he heard Steve soft groaning when he changed his sleeping position "Have you had dinner?" He asked him in his response Steve just hummed, Kevin brushed his hair out of his forehead and put him under the sheets, and left. Steve opened his eyes staring at the ceiling of the darkroom when he heard the door closing sound "Joanna, What have you done" he mumbled to himself again closing his eyes.