Chapter 31

Steve took a deep breath before entering Hogwarts. He knew that at some point he was going to face Dumbledore and that the man was sure to recognize him in no time. But Steve was willing to take this risk for Mira's sake. He wanted to talk to her about the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament, which she was about to face. So he came with Kevin, pretending to be her guardian.
However, Steve's arrival would drag Mira into Dumbledore's manipulative plan more. Dumbledore had already suspected Mira, and Steve's presence only served to confirm his suspicions. Mira had successfully completed the first two tasks, but the third one was the most difficult of all – the maze, where Voldemort's plan was set in motion.
Steve had to teach Mira some spells, but he also had to caution her about what she could and could not do. He was worried about Dumbledore and his potential to manipulate Mira. He knew that the headmaster had done many good deeds, but he also knew that he was not an honest person.
Mira had to be careful and make the right choices. Steve was determined to protect her, even if it meant going up against Dumbledore himself. He was confident that he could win against the headmaster, even without any effect. But still, he wanted to avoid him at any cost, he eventually put the spell on his face just for Dumbledore so he couldn't able to recognize him, but still it going too hard on him.

...

In the morning Mira was seated in his usual place on the Slytherin table eating her breakfast quietly in front of her Draco was seated, he didn't glance at her, even for a second but she peeked at him after every bite, Harry and Hermione just seated behind her on Gryffindor table, and she clearly heard them talking about Rita Skeeter. even some Slytherin students teased him for Rita Skeeter articles, 
Mira took a bite and peeked at Draco, he was talking with Blaise, she looked at her back when she heard Professor McGonagall's voice, "Potter and Vain, the champions are congregating in the chamber of the Hall after breakfast,"
 "But the task's not till tonight!" said Harry, accidentally spilling scrambled eggs down his front, afraid he had mistaken the time. 
"I'm aware of that, Potter," she said. "The champions' families are invited to watch the final task, you know. This is simply a chance for you to greet them." 
She moved away. Mira looked at Harry and saw Harry gaped after her. She turn to look at her breakfast plate, and she again glance at Draco this time she caught him looking at her, but he turned his head away hurriedly.
After breakfast, Mira looked at Gryffindor's table but didn't see Harry there, he crossed to the side chamber and stood outside, Mira went near to him stand behind him,
The door of the side chamber opened, and Cedric stuck his head out. "Mira, Harry, come on, they're waiting for you two!"
Mira went into the chamber walking behind Harry, she already told her father not to come to Hogwarts and stay at home with that crow.
Cedric and his parents were just on the side of the door. Viktor Krum was over in a corner, conversing with his dark-haired mother and father in rapid Bulgarian. He had inherited his father's hooked nose. On the other side of the room, Fleur was jabbering away in French to her mother. Fleur's little sister, Gabrielle, was holding her mother's hand. She waved at Harry, who waved back, grinning. 
Then they saw Mrs. Weasley and Bill standing in front of the fireplace, beaming at Harry "Surprise!" Mrs. Weasley said excitedly as he smiled broadly and walked over to them. "Thought we'd come and watch you. Harry!" She bent down and kissed him on the cheek.
But Mira's eyes got wide when she saw her father standing near the corner, with a black heard supper tall man standing next to him, he waved at her with a nervous smile, and she walked to them, 'Dad and the man next to him why they both dress like some mafia boss' she thought to herself.
"What are you doing here?" she hissed in a low voice "Didn't I tell you not to come here?"
Kevin bends his knees a little and hissed back "I don't want to come but Steve wants to" he signaled to that black-haired dangerous-looking man totally gangster vibe, who also look at her and smiled that seemed more dangerous but with charm "What's with the all-black clothes" she muttered to herself.
"by the way, he was that crow you remember," Kevin told her and she gasped stunned  "What? How?" she asked. "it's my human form," that man told her with a straight face "Actually original one".
Mira looked back at Cedric and saw him give a smile at her, she smiled back and he start to walk toward her "he is the unlucky one didn't he?" Steve whispered in her ear without any sentiments.
Cedric stood in front of her and look at two men in suits "Your family?" he said with a smile.
"Yeah..." she introduced them"he is my father Kevin Vain" Cedric shook hands with him, he even eyed the black gloves that Kevin was wearing and look at the black-haired man, Mira didn't know how to induce him, she tried to think of some word to say but before she thought something, he introduced himself.
"Hey, I'm her uncle, Steve, her mother's older brother," he said with a smile and shook hands with Cedric, and again Cedric eyed the black gloves.
"I'm Cedric Diggory Mira's friend,"  said Cedric with a gentle smile, he looked at Mira and said "Hey you didn't meet my mom yet"
"Oh! your mom" Mira said didn't understand how she had to react, Cedric pointed at the slim woman standing with Mr.Diggory she also looked at her with a smile, "wave at her," Cedric whispered to her.
"Let's meet your mom," said Mira with a smile then she turn to her father and said, "I am coming back just stay... here".
"You don't think that he is talking to her too sweetly," Kevin said to Steve eyes fixed on mira and Cedric
"You didn't like it?" Steve asked him
"Maybe yes" Kevin replied still eyes on them,  he saw mira make a confused face at Cedric's mother's words then Cedric said something with a smile to her mom and then turned to talk to Mira.
"Does she like him?"Kevin asked Steve and without realizing his hand moved to touch Steve's shoulder. Steve glanced at him then again eyes on mira and Cedric "I don't think so," Steve replied to Kevin "What difference does it make, he's going to die soon anyway,"
On the other side-
Cedric and Mira walked together to the Mr, and Mrs. Diggory, Amos Diggory look at her and Cedric with a smile and said "Here you come, you both really look cute together",
Mira looked at them confused and her mother saw her confused face and asked "You are together, we read in the newspaper" She smiled widely and said "But your height is really short according to Cedric's height"
"Mam, we are-
Cedric cut her sentence "Mom, not now" She glanced at Cedric. He bend a little and said in a low voice "Leave it here".

Mira walked to the ground with her father and Steve silently they arrived in the forest, and she looked around to confirm that they were alone when she didn't see anyone she asked the tall man "Why do you want to come here?" low voice,
"I have some work to do here," he said in a casual voice that sound soo carefree.
"You know who put my name in the goblet of fire?" Mira asked him,  she wanted to ask him that question for soo long but she didn't write it in the letter because she knew his dad going to be upset if he thought she was getting worried. His dad told her that Crow was not a fool at all, he was a pretty interesting person but when she met him she felt nervous. Without looking at her Steve replied "Yeah I know", "So you going to tell me?" Mira asked him when he didn't continue
"NO," he said simply.
She sighs in annoyance and turned to her father who walking with them and looking around she noticed the small smile on his face, she smiled softly "Did you like the place?"
 Her father turned to her with a smile "It's all exciting, I never dream about that one day I will see this"
"Me too," she said softly.
"But I am scared about the task," Kevin told his daughter in a worried voice looking at her, Mira smiled and said "Nothing going to happen with me, so don't worry"
Steve heard the father and daughter conversation looking at them with narrowed eyes "How are you so sure about that?".
Kevin felt a chill down his spine when he heard Steve's words. He knew his daughter was brave and capable, but her magical abilities were still weak. He looked at her worriedly, Steve asked her in a serious tone "Have you practiced enough spells? How are you going to fight or defend yourself if you get stuck with Harry and Cedric or if you encounter any danger?" He leaned closer to her. Mira felt a wave of anxiety wash over her and wished Steve was in his crow form instead of the man standing before her. She knew he was only doing this to protect her, but his words were harsh.
Kevin stepped forward, placing his hand on Steve's shoulder. 'That's enough," he said, his voice calm but firm.
Steve stepped back, "it's all for her," Steve told him, He knew Kevin was right but still he had to be harsh with her afterall she didn't doing any hard work even she knew she had face problems.
Mira looked at her father, her eyes wide. He had always been one to be overly protective, but this time, she could see the worry visible in his eyes. He opened his mouth to speak, but Mira shook her head and admitted, "I don't know." She looked at her father pleadingly, who was now terrified of the consequences of her death during the task, in her entire life she live a delicate life she didn't had to much work for herself her body didn't allow her to do hard work but now her body seems good at least better than before but she didn't have any habit. Steve cast Muffliato's spell around them for privacy and asked, "Now tell me, Mira. How are you going to save yourself?"
Mira was silent for a moment before she finally said honestly "I don't know. So tell me, what are you thinking, Mr. Steve?" Steve smirked and said, "I have a plan. You must trust me. I know a few spells that can help you in the task that you can handle without hurting yourself and I'll teach you all of them before the task starts so you can save yourself."
Mira looked into Steve's eyes and saw the sincerity and determination there. She nodded and said, "Let's do it." With that, the two of them set off on their mission to prepare Mira for the dangerous task ahead.