Chapter 63 Beginning Of Half-Blood Prince

Mira sat at the dining table, her usual spot during breakfast

Mira sat at the dining table, her usual spot during breakfast. Her dad, Kevin, sat across from her, a newspaper in his hand as he read through the morning news, As Kevin read the newspaper, he let out a sigh and placed it in front of Mira. "Many people died last week, and now there's a bridge incident," he said, his voice laced with worry.

Steve came over with two plates in his hands and one flying in the air behind him, filled with pancakes. He took a seat and placed one plate in front of Mira and himself, while the last plate landed in front of Kevin. "You already know what's going to happen," Steve said nonchalantly as he took a bite of his pancake. "No need to be upset over those things." He glanced at Mira with narrowed eyes, silently signaling for her to support him.

Mira nodded, looking down at her food. She didn't want to upset her father, especially after all they had been through. "He's right, dad. We already know what's going to happen, so no need to worry."

Mira looked at her father, who had still glancing at newspaper. She gaze at the newspaper that was placed in front of her and saw the news about various deaths and the recent bridge incident. Mira knew that it was no use being upset over these things, as they had already read about them in the book before they were transported here.

"Of course, no need to worry. Because we all know what's happening...or rather, what's going to happen," Kevin said with a hint of sarcasm. "Not even about your boyfriend's condition." His eyes were fixed on Mira, and her hand holding the spoon froze in the air as she turned to give Steve a glare. "You told him?" she asked, her voice trembling with worry more than anger.

"What?" Steve said calmly. "I didn't do anything."
Mira's eyes then landed on her dad, who seemed to be enjoying this little game they were playing. "Why not ask your dad about that?" Steve interjected, still speaking calmly. Kevin let out a groan, pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration.

"Draco sent a letter for you last night," Kevin finally spoke, his voice laced with disapproval.

"And you both are telling me now..." Mira said, her voice a mix of excitement and nervousness.

Steve let out a small chuckle, his eyes crinkling at the corners. "Yup, he sent a letter last night," he said, pulling a folded piece of parchment from his pocket. Mira's excitement grew, but so did her nervousness. She could tell by the way Steve handed her the letter that it wasn't just any ordinary letter, but an open one at that. She first looked at the letter, then glared at her dad and Steve in disbelief. "You both read the letter?" she asked, unable to hide the frustration in her voice.

"Yes, I did," Steve replied proudly. "It's all for your safety, you know I can't risk anything happening to you or your dad."

Mira glanced at the letter before putting it down on the table. She knew Steve was only trying to protect them, but she couldn't help feeling like she was losing control over her own life. Here she was, living in a book she had read countless times with her dad, and now she had to live in a world where she knew the future but had no control over it.