Chapter 26

"So you worked out the clue" whispered Draco to Mira sitting next to her on the Slytherin table, Mira nodded her head in yes, "what is the task?"
"Maybe we have to find something underwater," said Mira "You know how to breathe in water?" Mira looked at him with hopeful eyes
"I have to check maybe I can find something," said Draco thinking, "did asksked Cedric?"
"He is my competitor how could I ask him," said Mira glancing at Huffleffuf table "I can only ask you" she said with pout looking at Draco face.
"Yeah, you right," said Draco with smile 'cute'.
"Mira, can we talk for a moment?" They heard and both turned and saw Dumbledore standing behind them, Draco gave Mira a weird look but Mira smiled at Dumbledore and said "yeah", 'whats with they two? Isn't is weird that they act like they know eachother for soo long or they actually know eachother'
Mira took her last bite from her plate then said bye to Draco she left great hall with Dumbledore with leaving some whispered behind them
"Where you been at last night?" asked Dumbledore in low that no one around hear their conversation, Mira looked at him confused a little and asked back "what happen last night?"
"Filch told me that someone steal Harry golden egg and someone try to steal from the Severus office too" said Dumbledore still talking low.
"It probably Harry who wandering around in his invisibility cloak," said Mira remembering the chapter but suddenly she stopped walking looking at him, "wait...you think I did that?" Mira raised her eyebrows at him.
He also stopped "Absolutely No, I asked you because maybe you know who did that, I know you know a lot" Dumbledore looked at her face and again started to walk slowly "I don't want people to hurt"
Mira looked down walking with him thinking about what to do? 'is he really think that or he just- No Mira don't think about that, just don't think too much' she shake her head and again looked at him "Headmaster I want you to trust me could you do that?" said Mira looking into his blue eyes,
"You know I do," said Dumbledore with calm expression "You know Harry sending letters to Sirius Black," Mira told him changing her decision. Dumbledore didn't replied to her question but asked one "What do you think it's safe or not?".
"He knows what he is doing," said Mira with smile, Dumbledore smiled back and thought in his mind 'same smile'.

In the morning Mira tried to find Draco in the common room even she asked some boys about him but nobody nowhere he was and she didn't even prepare anything for her task Draco told her that he going to help her but he was gone, her mind was working, processing the situation but nothing came in her mind, she didn't know what she was going to do 'but it's not important for me to pass, maybe I'll just give up, yeah this is the best Idea.
She walked down the lawn and saw that the seats that had encircled the dragons' enclosure in November were now ranged along the opposite bank, rising in stands that were packed to the bursting point and reflected in the lake below. The excited babble of the crowd echoed strangely across the water, she walked to where Cedric, Fleur, and Krum were standing, Cedric saw her and immediately pulled her to his side holding her shoulder and whispered in a low voice, "What are you going to do? Do you have any plan?"
"AA! I don't know maybe I should just quit," said Mira looking nervous under his serious gaze "Draco was about to help me but they took him I really don't know what to do"
He sighed "first relax" he creased her shoulder slowly and softly " don't think too much just jump in the water"
"What?" Mira spat at him everyone around them truned their eyes on them two "You want me to die?" She was still little loud that Fleur, and Krum looked at them Cedric look around and told her "please don't be loud" he again looked at her "Trust me," said Cedric looked all serious "I won't let you die" he smiled at her, she nodded her head showing that she understood him "if I die I probably going to be ghost and hunt you down" she said to herself suddenly Harry come there running.
Then bagman announced "Well, all our champions are ready for the second task, which will start on my whistle. They have precisely an hour to recover what has been taken from them. On the count of three, then. One...two...three!" The whistle echoed shrilly in the cold, still air; the stands erupted with cheers and applause.
She jumped in the water without second thought the ice water shocked her system as her body slowly started drowned deep, her heart raced and her chest tightened as the cold fist of understanding squeezes the breath out of her, she tried to swim but she never swim even she never saw that much water in her life, then she left her body free, she closed her eyes shut tightly, but after few seconds she felt a hand grabbed her waist pulling her close, she opens her eyes and saw a blurry image, but she didn't need to saw carefully who that person was, definitely Cedric Diggory,
His hand grabbed her neck from the back pulling her body more closer to him and in the next moment his soft lips touched her lips she opened her mouth to shout when she did that his tongue went to her mouth she tried to push him away but she felt that Cedric actually tried to gave her oxygen after few second Cedric released her lips, she pushed him with her full power, she looked at her face with anger he mouthed sorry she opened her mouth to yell at him but she stopped and noticed that she seeing everything clear now, also breathing in the water and she swimming not drowning anymore she looks at him again and said sorry but only some bubble went out from her mouth, he smiled at her then signal to follow him.
She thought in her mind 'isn't it count as the cheating or...not...agh! , let's just do it', she followed him, she didn't knew how much time they swam in the water. she was passing over vast expanses of black mud now, which swirled murkily as they disturbed the water. Then, at long last, she heard a snatch of haunting song.

"An hour-long you'll have to look, And to recover what we took..."

Cedric stopped and signal her to came after five minutes she nodded to show that she understood, Cedric swim away from her.
After five or ten minutes she started to swam in the same direction as him, and again she heard some line of a song, again.

"...your time's half gone, so tarry not lest what you seek stays here to rot...."

She saw a mermaid but she didn't waste her time closely looking at her. after swimming a few minutes more she caught the sight of Ron, Hermione, Draco, and a little silver hair girl and struggling Harry, she went near them Harry look at her, she gave him a little nod then she went near to Draco and saw a rope binding on his ankle, she tried to open that rope, that was difficult for her, she looked around suddenly a shark-shaped face of Krum come and set free the Hermione, Mira took sharp stone then she cut the rope from his ankle than she glanced at Harry and that girl last time than she grabbed Draco arm and left that place and Harry 'I hope he doesn't get hurt'.

Her head breaks the surface and Draco also started to breathe she grabbed him more tightly and said "I don't know how to swim" The crowd in the stands was making a great deal of noise; shouting and screaming, they all seemed to be on their feet; Draco smiled looking around and said cheekily "my time to save you" he swim with her toward the stands
They went where Cho, Cedric, Hermione, and Krum sitting towel rapped on them. they pulled them up she barely stand on her feet suddenly Cedric hugged her she could hear the crowd again starting to shout and cheer, then Cedric whispered in her ear "don't tell anyone that I helped you".
He took his face away from her ear still hugging her then looked at Draco and pulled Draco with him in the hug she heard Draco muddled "you two running my image" she smiled at his comment.
"Continue your hug later, let me check them," said Madam Pomfrey, they released each other from their hug, then madam Pomfrey walked near to with two towels cover them with that then she checked on Mira and Draco, Mira look in Cedric direction and noticed that Cho glaring at her 'great I make her angry' Mira thought turing away her eyes from her. Draco noticed her gaze and saw her looking at Cedric direction and he also noticed the Chang expression "what wrong with her?" He said to Mira who just shrugged her shoulder holding the thick towel close to her body.