Chapter 19.

She was angry she really thought 'if her name got involved in this at least Cedric going to tell her but no that did  not happen, she needs to calm herself down her step stopped she was at the owlery she didn't plan to come here but there was no one at the owlery, she looked at the sky and took a deep breath then scream "fuck off" suddenly a voice came from behind "Cursing is a bad habit" she turned and saw professor Moody or Barty, Harty whatever disguised himself as Alastor Moody  standing a few steps away from her. she looked away from him. he came near and stand next to her maintaining a good gap between them, "you skipping class, Ms. Vain"
"I don't feel like attending the class, Professor Moody," she told him,
"Are you scared,?" said Moody looking at her carefully his false eye scanned her face.
"About the tournament, Nah!" said Mira then turned to look at him "You know who put my name in the goblet of fire?" she asked curiously, she wanted to know what he gonna say.
"I don't know," he said to her, "really, you don't know?" she said still looking at him.
"What do you want to hear? Ms Vain," Moody asked her his false eye moving to look at her hand.
"I don't know?" said Mira then turned to look at the sky dreamily "I want to see a dragon"
"I hope you will," he said then turned to leave,

...

Mira walked a few steps behind Harry. She heard someone say to Harry,
"Ah, here he is! Champion number four! In you come, Harry, in you come...nothing to worry about, it's just the wand weighing ceremony, the rest of the judges will be here in a moment -"
She stopped in her track and tried to hear what was happening inside she heard Rita Skeeter take Harry with her. then she entered the room.
Viktor Krum was standing moodily in a corner as usual and not talking to anybody. Cedric and Fleur were in conversation. A paunchy man, holding a large black camera that was smoking slightly, was watching Fleur out of the corner of his eye.
Cedric caught sight of Mira and said happily "Hey, come here Mira" Everyone in the room's attention went to her. Bagman spotted Her and bounded forward to her.
"Here is our fifth champion" he smiled at her "Harry just giving an interview are you interested?"
"NO," Mira immediately rejected then walked to Cedric. Cedric smiled at her "So, excited?" asked Cedric with excitement.
"I don't know," she said looking uncomfortable shifting her weight to one-foot eyes scanning the room.
Dumbledore came into view with Ollivander they greeted everyone in the room and then asked "Harry didn't come yet" Then Bagman told him that 'he is with Rita Skeeter' Dumbledore just went and get him back.
"May I introduce Mr. Ollivander?" said Dumbledore, taking his place at the judges' table and talking to the champions. "He will be checking your wands to ensure that they are in good condition before the tournament."
"Mademoiselle Delacour, could we have you first, please?" said Mr.Ollivander, stepping into the space in the middle of the room.
Fleur Delacour was about to sweep over to Mr. Ollivander. but Mira said, "Can I go first?"
Everyone looks at her with a questioning look Fleur rolled her eyes but didn't say anything. "I am nervous, so please" Mira requested to them.
"Alright, Ms (he scanned the list) Vain you come first," said Ollivander, Mira walked to him and handed her wand to him. he look at her wand his expression changed suddenly "Blue dragon," he said then every one expression changed little he looked at Dumbledore with a questioning look but also changed his expression in second turning her eyes back to her "it rare" he glances at her then back to the wand.
"It's a real blue dragon wand, I heard no one able to use that wand" Bagman came to take a closer look at the wand "it's only a few in the world"
"Seven, according to theories," Ollivander said correcting the other.
Mira glanced at Dumbledore who just gave her a little smile for reassurance 'That is alright'.
"Hawthorne hmm! It's in good condition. very well, Ms. Vain" he handed the wand back to Mira and then went to stand in the corner.
They leave the room together when everyone wand examined by Mr. Ollivander and some photoshoot.
"Show me your wand," Cedric said to Mira, "NO" she answered him. he smiled widely and asked again "Show me" Without a word she gave her wand to him "It's a little heavy but beautiful just like you," he said. she rolled her eyes at his comment.
"You are a really cute couple" Viktor commented to them, Harry looked at them confused.
"Oo! We are not," Mira and Cedric said together then glance at each other.
"It does not look like, you are not," Viktor said to them, "I noticed you mostly talk with each other that's why I thought"
"Everyone in school thought the same and that's the reason many girls don't like me," Mira told them.

They enter the great hall Harry and Viktor go to their seats. Cedric returned her wand to her "Hey, are you free tomorrow in the evening I want to tell you something"
"I am not, I have detention with Professor Snape," she said
"Detention?" he asked still smiling "Why?"
She looked into his eyes and then take his palm in her hand "Because of this" she let go of his hand, Cedric looked at his hand and saw a badge in his palm his eyes got a wide smile his lips vanished. he looked at her who had already taken a few steps for her seat. he went after her and grabbed her hand to stop her, and she looked back at him. The whole room surprisingly got quiet everyone looked at them some students stood to look at them.
"Look I didn't have to do anything with that," Cedric told her.
"I am tired, let's talk later" She pulled her hand from his grip. he looked at her and said in a low voice "Okay"

The next day she laughed at Rita Skeeter's report about Harry she feel bad for Harry but still, it was funny. she walking in the corridor after class when she heard,
"Yeah, that's right!" Harry shouted as he wheeled around in the corridor, "I've just been crying my eyes out over my dead mum, and I'm just off to do a bit more..." She felt really bad now but still, she couldn't able do anything about that even in that matter Draco also ignored her and told her that he was just going to tease him a little bit.
She was just about to turn around but she stopped when some girl shout Vain wait she turn and saw Cho and a blond girl coming near to her. when they arrived in front of her she said "hey," to them. they both said hey then the blond girl asked "Can I ask you something?"
Mira looked at them confused and said "Yes, you can".
The blond girl glanced at Cho and then said to Mira "Are you and Diggory dating?".
'I should have known that would be the question,' she thought to herself, looking at the two girls she smiled and said "No, we are not".
"Really?" Cho said a little nervously.

....

Kevin stood at the kitchen window when a crow fly inside the house by the window and stopped at the cabinet of the kitchen facing Kevin's back "Did you know about this?" Kevin asked, crow changed his shape into a human, a black formal shirt and pants he looked at Kevin's hand and saw a piece of paper in his tight fist he walked closer to him stopping behind Kevin, he opened Kevin's fist taking the paper that's turned out a letter, "To be honest I don't know what you are talking about" he said and straightened the letter and said "Mira, has sent it" He read the letter and chuckled "huh! That Bastard", Kevin turned around and yelled at him, "You should have known this could happen, you're soo worthless Steve" they were just one step apart from each other.
"If you want to hit me, you can." He took a look at Kevin and then again turned to the letter "You can even shoot me if you want." Kevin Made fists of his hands and got further annoyed by his behavior, Suddenly the letter disappeared from Steve's hand with a black flame. Steve turned and said to him on his way out of the kitchen "Write a letter to Mira asking whether she needs help or not"
Kevin went after him and said, "What does this mean? Of course, She needs help." Steve laid back on the sofa in the living room and unbuttoned the top two buttons of his shirt and said "She has not asked for any help in the letter, even though she is not refusing to participate in the competition." He glanced at angry Kevin "Don't worry, Albus needs her so he won't let anything happen to her, he just wants to see how right he is about Mira".
"I'm scared, Steve, and what does that even mean he needs her?" Kevin asked him, Steve smiled enchantingly at him and said "I know you're scared, and other matters you don't need to worry about that".