Chapter 22

She left the tent with Cedric after Mr. Bagman's explanation. they started to walk back behind Harry and Hermione and Ron. "Where is Draco?" Cedric asked Mira, "Definitely stuck with his friends" Cedric glanced at her face and asked "So you are his secret", "Maybe" she replied, around the edge of the forest, suddenly Cedric blocked her with his hand in front of her, she stopped with the confused face but understood why Cedric stopped her. Rita Skeeter stopped Harry. She was wearing acid-green robes the Quick-Quotes Quill in her hand blended perfectly against them. "Congratulations, Harry!" she said, beaming at Harry. "I wonder if you could give me a quick word? How did you feel facing that dragon? How do you feel now, about the fairness of the scoring?".

Mira looked at Cedric with raised eyebrows suddenly a bright light beamed at them Mira body react on her own hiding her face on Cedric's chest, he put one hand on her shoulder and said to the person who took a photo of them "Don't" he voice was cold she never heard him talk like that before, she peaked in front again and saw Rita Skeeter standing front of them with a man holding the camera.
"If you don't mind, could you like to tell me about your relationship," asked Rita Skeeter with a smirk on his face.
"We don't have free time," said Cedric taking Mira with him still holding her with the other he covered her eyes from the flash of a camera, he walked  away from Rita Skeeter, after a safe distance from her, he asked Mira "are you okay?"
"My heart," said Mira while putting her one hand on her heart side, and with one hand he grabbed Cedric's shirt, Cedric get worried seeing her like that "I'll take you to Madam Pomfrey," Cedric said ready to carry her in his arms but Mira stopped him before he moved his any muscles, "stay for few minutes," mumbled Mira leaning her head on his chest. "are you sure?" said Cedric still worried after few minutes when she started to feel better she mumbled, "she just come by surprise, my heart starts beating fast, nothing to worried". "really?" said Cedric she sound so small and weak at that moment 'he was struggling with himself to decide if he should hear her or take her to hospital wing'
"let's go I have to write a letter to my dad," Mira said to him getting off him. "I'll come with you" Cedric announced walking with her still worried.
Cedric and Mira went to the owlery in the evening so, Mira could send a letter to her Father telling him that she win the first task without getting hurt even though she got the highest score when they arrived they heard Ron's voice saying
 "Fits, doesn't it?" he said. "Remember what Malfoy said on the train, about his dad being friends with Karkaroff? Now we know where they knew each other. They were probably running around in masks together at the World Cup....I'll tell you one thing, though, Harry, if it was Karkaroff who put your name in the goblet, he's going to be feeling stupid now, isn't he? Didn't work, did it? You only got a scratch! Come here- I'll do it -" 
Cedric raised his eyebrows at Mira. She looked at him uninterested in all this thing, Harry was the first one who noticed them, Hermione and Ron also followed Harry's eyes and saw them coming they all got silent with serious expressions, Cedric was the only one who was smiling,
"Cedric, silencing charm," said Mira to him with a serious tone, Cedric put the charm around them without any question.
"I know Karkaroff was the death eater but I don't think he is not the one," said Mira looking at them
"you mean he has a partner," asked Harry, "how do you know?" said Cedric to Mira looking at his expression changed smile replaced with a serious one. 
"it's just my guess," said Mira "but careful, maybe it's not that what we are thinking" in a serious tone
"What do you mean by that?" Ron asked her., "Dumbledore told me not to trust anyone I prefer you do the same" Mira said in a serious tone.
"but you trust Diggory," asked Ron looking at Cedric he didn't want to be rude but he couldn't help himself but question her words.
Cedric heard Ron but didn't mind him doubting him, he was just curious about Mira he didn't care what others think of him so he just ignored them staring at Mira's face.
 "I trust Draco also, just like Harry trusts you both," said Mira looking at them Cedric laugh at her word 'ah! She something she heard them talking about Draco' "by the way can I borrow you owl Harry" Mira asked the dumbfounded Harry.

Cedric handed her a golden egg from the bag he was carrying and then said goodbye to her. She just turn and saw Blaise Zabini walking toward her,
he look at the egg in her hand "I'm sure it's heavy, let me help you", "Yeah, hold it" She handed him the golden egg and start to walk to the Slytherin dormitory Blaise Zabini catch up with her with egg in his hand cuddling like a baby "you did amazing" said Blaise Zabini with a smile "I never see that big Patronus its soo awesome"
"I'm glad you like it," said Mira.

In the common room, everyone gathers around her and cheers for her, and shouts "Open it, open it". she knows it was a bad idea, but still, she had to show them so the moment she opened it, the most horrible noise, loud and screechy wailing, filled the room. everyone starts to shout shut it! shut it! then she closed the egg.
"What's that fucking noise"  Theo Noth shouted, "what's that sound mean?" said Pansy irritated "It's horrible".

"Okay, the show is over now" She step down from the table walk to Draco who again standing in the corner this time he was smiling at her, she stood next to him and looked at the student who dancing in the middle of the common room on some wild song, 
"So, I am amazing?" said Mira to Draco, "yeah you are soo amazing, that I can't even take my eyes off you," said Draco looking at her she turned her head to look at him. Their eyes meet "You are too short," he said while patting her head. her cheeks get red she pushed his hand away from her head and looked around to make sure no one saw that and mumbled "Idiot" Then she looked at him "Goodnight," said Mira holding the egg with a smile she walked away.

The next morning when Mira enter the great hall everyone looked at her and whispered to each other with a smile and giggle. She walked to her table but she stopped when Fred and George said "Look what a romantic picture" they said with a big smile on their face. she look at the table and saw Daily Prophet and saw her and Cedric's few photos and the headline was the–

Love blooming while competing with each other.

She just read that headline and turned her head to the Hufflepuff table she saw Cedric sitting on the table daily prophet in his hand, surrounded by friends, she shouted his name "Cedric" again the whole hall got quiet he look at her then asked, "did you read the news?". "yeah just headline" she replied. He jumped off the table leaving his friends who just giggled at him, he walked to her and said "So, quite a good picture don't you think". "she dedicate two pages to us"
"fascinating," said Cedric then start to laugh and said "Every time we stand together whole room got quiet, it's so weird" 
"here look Mr. and Mrs. Diggory," Pansy said in a sarcastic tone.
"Yeah it's really weird if they going to call me Mrs. Diggory," said Mira to Cedric, "think something, Cedric".

....

Kevin seated in his study room surrounded by the files, read the letter Mira just sent him, drinking the coffee that Steve brought from him "I told you that she doesn't need help, and... if she ever does, we'll know." Steve said who was seated opposite side of his desk one hand propped up under his chin and smirked plastered on his handsome face. Kevin rolled his eyes looking at him "It is easy for you to say this. but I find it hard to believe" Kevin told him. "Is it so hard for you to believe me?" Steve asked him making a hurt face just to tease him.
"Of course, I don't even know what you actually want from us, so believing you are hard for me," Kevin told him truthfully, Steve rested his chin in his palms looking at him. He scoffed got up and left the room but before he close the door he glanced over his shoulder at him and said "You don't have any option but to believe me" Then he closed the door leaving Kevin alone in his office he leaned back on the chair stretching his neck "hey dear, forgive me".
Steve heard his words leaning on the opposite side of the door.