Chapter 57

Mira woke up with a start, covered in a cold sweat. She looked around, trying to orient herself in the strange surroundings. She was in a car, the same car her father Kevin used to drive. The automatic windows were rolled down and a soft breeze blew in through the open windows, sending shivers down her spine.

As she looked around, she noticed that the music was still playing, but it sounded distorted and unsettling. She tried to get up, but she realized that she was strapped to her seat. She panicked, screaming out for her dad. But he didn't seem to hear her. In a desperate attempt, she reached out to shake him, but he was unresponsive.

She looked out of the window in horror, her heart pounding painfully against her chest. Suddenly, a bright flash of lightning illuminated the car, blinding her for a moment. She screamed, her heart beating even faster. her dad's panicked expressions only confirmed her fears.

As if on cue, the car swerved uncontrollably, the lightning strike had caused the car to lose control. Mira closed her eyes, bracing for impact. The last thing she remembered was her dad's terrified voice calling out her name.

Mira woke up with a start again, her heart racing. She rubbed her temples, trying to calm herself down. It was just a nightmare, she reminded herself. But it felt so real, almost like reliving a traumatic event.

As the memory flooded back to her, she felt her body trembling. She remembered the lightning striking the car, and the feeling of floating in a dark void, surrounded by a sea of blue water. It was all so vivid, like a recurring nightmare.

Mira shook her head, trying to clear her mind. She couldn't keep torturing herself with these thoughts. It had been a year since the accident, and she needed to move on.

"Are you okay?" she looked at her end of the bed in panicked but she relaxed when she noticed it was just Steve, he moved closer to her as she sit back on her bed he sat beside her "so everything is good?" He asked her in which she nodded "I'm good"
"Your dad is worried about you so I come to check on you"
"Is dad..."
"Yeah, he is fine, busy with his work" Steve replied, "I should go back now, your dad probably waiting for me" he got up from bed.
"Steve you feel what I feel?" She asked, Steve sighed "only strong one" he replied honestly"do you have problem with that?".
"No, just want to confirm" she replied
"Alright".

...

Mira unpacked her trunk and went outside her and Slytherin's dormitory and again bum into Draco's chest, "You always do that on purpose" said Draco with a smile looking down at her face,

"I miss you," Mira said simply, Draco smiled grow as he grabbed her hand softly and walked to the empty place and hugged her tightly Mira hugged back with a smile, "I miss you too" replied Draco slowly moving his hand to her long black hair, " how your Christmas went?' Draco asked,

"Fine," Mira replied, looking up at his face and asking "What about yours?"

"Fine," he said simply, "Nothing special happened" Draco's eyes caught the sight of her earing. he slowly moved his finger on the earing and said "It looks beautiful"

"It is beautiful, my dad gave me that on Christmas," Mira told him " I also bought earing for you but now I think it is just a waste," said Draco still fingers running through her hearing "That's not that beautiful as that"

"Draco you know I am not always going to wear only one hearing," Mira said

"But still," said Draco

"Come on Draco at least you bought something, look at me I didn't get you anything," Mira said with a little pout "I am such a bad girlfriend" Draco chuckled at her words, put his finger under her chin, and made her head to look up at himself " there's another Hogsmeade trip next month, did you see" Mira nod "want to go with me, just you and me"