Chapter 18.

She woke late for her usual time, she couldn't believe Slytherin students actually throw a party for her and also abandoned her after twenty minutes, she went back to her room and lay down on the bed staring at the dark ceiling of her room, she closed her eyes but woke after just a few hours because only thing running on her was Cedric death, She just tosses and turned on the bed but couldn't let herself sleep she also remembered Draco's angry face, 'everyone in the Slytherin looked happy that she selected but why did Draco look so angry' she thought, everything made her frustrated but she knew she had to be calm, she got up from the bed and did her thing leaving the room went to the common room and saw Draco standing at the fireplace he turned his eyes toward the girl drom door when he heard the footsteps his eyes met with her she was standing at the upper stair, she saw the anger on his eyes before she could take any step he announced: "let's talk". She was nervous and slightly afraid of him, didn't even know why she felt that but she did. She walked toward him, he sat on the sofa in front of the fireplace she also sat down next to him leaving a gap between them. Her eyes were on him but he didn't even glance at her and also he was not saying any word that silence made her more nervous she gulped and tried to talk "I-
"Did you put your name in it? " Draco asked cutting her sentence off his voice was rough and serious, she didn't like it at all he also think she put her name on it which made her more upset "No" she replied.
"Okay" she heard Draco say in a low voice, that almost sound like a whisper to her, she looked at his face trying to understand what he was thinking but she couldn't figure it out, his face was blank, nothing she could make it. 'his face too pale totally opposite of hers, and his hair color suits him and it looks so smooth' she thought just randomly staring at him. "stop staring at me, it's felt weird" she heard Draco said, "oh! Sorry" she muttered looking away from him,
"Hm! Go, breakfast has started." Draco told her, she again looked at him and asked "You are not coming?"
"I ever go with you in the great hall?" said Draco with a casual tone returning to his usual self. But still, in his tone, she felt something different but she didn't ask what bothering him, she replied "correct, never" she stood up from the sofa but before she could take any step farther Draco said "Sorry for that day I didn't mean to upset you by saying that", a small smile formed on her lips she looked at his face still his eyes fixed on the fire "I'm not upset and also I don't want you to apology to me, maybe you are right, I am a mudblood," she said jokingly, Draco looked at her and saw her smiley face, his heart dropped and he said immediately "you are not mud blood"
"But Hermione is?" she said raising her one eyebrow, but she smiled that smile didn't disappear from her face, Draco's heart dropped more and more depth he wanted to say something anything to make her feel better make himself feel better but no word came out from his mouth, she knew he was bothered but she couldn't able to do anything with that so she just decide to leave the matter for now, she turned to leave but stop in her track when Draco asked her "are you going to leave me?" She could feel his emotions in just his one sentence, she turned to look at him again smile, and replied to him "No, I am just going eat some breakfast" She again sat down next to him his eyes followed her every moment she put her hand over his hand that was on his thigh to comfort him "I understand, that I can't leave you even if you want or I want"
"Thanks" he muttered in a low voice.

...

She was seated in the great hall eating a sandwich doing her best to avoid the look people giving her. She glanced at the Gryffindor table and saw Ron with other students and Harry and Hermione didn't even there. she stood up and looked at the Hufflepuff table but also Cedric wasn't there, she left the great hall going to the owlery to send a letter to her dad that she wrote last night when she couldn't able to fall asleep, she knew his dad gonna hell worried about her but she had to tell him, she going to feel guilty if she hides that big thing from him. She arrived there she heard the familiar angry voice of Harry "First Ron, then you, This isn't my fault."
She went inside and Harry and Hermione were together, "Hey, Harry and Hermione," she greeted them with a smile.
They both looked at her and said "Hey!" to her, she went near to them and asked Harry "Can I borrow your owl I have to send a letter to my dad".
He glance at the letter in her hand and said "Yeah! You can, she also wants to go somewhere". She handed the letter to Harry "Please, I never send a letter before".
"Oh! Of course" he took the letter from her, "so how are you feeling?" Hermione asked her making her tone casual not curious.
"Like hell" she replied with a smile then turned to look at Hedwig who just fly away and asked Harry "How about you Harry everything alright?"
Harry didn't reply to her question but asked one "What did you say yesterday, what's that mean?". Hermione looked at them with confusion but didn't say anything.
"Oh yeah! Look we are going to compete with each other, so if you standing at the edge of the winning point and see me or Cedric near you don't think about winning together," she said in a serious tone.
"Why?" Hermione asked this time she didn't hide her curiosity.
"Because if we win together everyone going to think that Dumbledore put our name in the goblet of fire to get Hogwarts famous," she told them wondering 'when I became that good at lying, it was not like I didn't lie before I lied to my dad that I was not worried about him, I lie and pretend to don't know about my health condition, but still it's felt weird how comfortably lie slide on my tongue'
"You have a point," said Harry still thinking "That means we-
"Hey, Mira" Draco stopped in his track when he noticed Hermione and Harry also present there. he made an offended face and asked Mira "What are you doing here?"
"Oh! We are talking about the tournament," Mira replied with a smile.
"If you want to talk about the tournament at least talk with someone intelligent," said Draco. Hermione raised her eyebrows at him and Harry opens his mouth to say something to him but Mira said first "Do you want to join Draco?" Draco rolled his eyes "You come with me," Draco said to her, "okay" She replied to Draco then looked at Hermione and Harry again and said "bye" to them, ", "so where we are heading?" Mira asked him, he rolled his eyes and "class, idiot".

...

All Slytherin house started to treat her very well but still, some girls did not seem impressed. whenever they saw her they start to mock her and said some weird things and called her mud blood, and she only just ignored them all.

She just arrived at Hagrid's class when someone said mockingly "Look another champion arrived" Everyone turned to look at her she saw Draco standing in front of Harry with Crabbe and Goyle also they look at her "Get an autograph book you may also need her autograph" she just ignored them. and move forward, 'I really didn't care about all this champion thing but I also didn't want to miss the chance to make fun of the golden boy of Hogwarts, but now Mira was involved in this whole messed up thing but still it's doesn't means I'm going to miss the fun because of her, probably she also not going me to' Draco thought looking at her.

The next few days in Slytherin were best for her. She feel like she was also a part of their group. not all totally but almost all students in Slytherin started to talk with her. Professor Snape taught her some spells that he thought might help her. She could say who was receiving more admiration these days was, Cedric or Viktor Krum, surrounded by a large group of simpering girls, and the most hated person right now was her or Harry. most of the students thought they were unworthy or cheaters.
"Why did that person put your and her name?" Hermione asked Harry when they enter the potion class. "I don't know Hermione," said Harry while glancing at Mira who was seated with Draco at the front desk "but I am glad that whoever did that also put her name"
"Why are glad about that?" Hermione asked him and took a seat with him.
"Because Malfoy and Professor Snape not mocking me in the class at least not in front of her," said Harry, Hermione had to agree with that "Yeah you are right," she said glancing at the front desk where Mira was seated with Draco, she noticed how Draco eyes light up when Mira said anything or smiled at him she thought that 'she knew he definitely liked her but what about Mira is she also like him?'
When he and Hermione and behind them, Mira and Draco arrived at Snape's dungeon after lunch for the double portion class, they found some Slytherins waiting outside, every one of them wearing a large badge on the front of his or her robes. For one wild moment, Harry thought they were S.P.E.W. badges - then he saw that they all bore the same message, in luminous red letters that burnt brightly in the dimly lit under-ground passage:

SUPPORT CEDRIC DIGGORY

THE REAL HOGWARTS CHAMPION

When Mira saw the badges she exactly knew what was going to happen she glanced at Harry, then looked back at Draco who looked a little horrified. She couldn't understand 'why Draco had that reaction?' and in the next moment she knew why, she heard the sound

POTTER AND VAIN STINK

That badge made that sound she didn't want to get angry or feel mad but those things it was too much for her in her whole life that was the first time she felt that way.
"Oh very funny," she heard Hermione say sarcastically to Pansy Parkinson and her gang of Slytherin girls, who were laughing harder than anyone, "really witty."
"Want one, Granger," said Pansy Parkinson, holding out a badge to Hermione. "I've got loads. But don't touch my hand, now. I've just washed it, you see; don't want Mud blood sliming it up and... I bet you going to support that mud blood." they laughed.
Mira came in front of Pansy in anger "Stop that", Harry hollered also coming and standing next to her.
Pansy looked at her with a smirk on her face. Theo Nott takes a step closer to Harry
"Harry!" Hermione said warningly.
"Give me that badge," said Mira to Pansy. She was very angry but still, she bury her anger inside her and smiled extending her hand toward Pansy for the badge. Pansy raised her eyebrows at her in a questioning way but she handed her one, Mira took the badge from her, and without any other words, she turned and walked away.

...

"Did you put your Mira's name in it?" Severus Snape asked Dumbledore
Dumbledore looked at him they were now in Dumbledore's office seated opposite each other "Why do you think so?" Dumbledore questioned him without giving any answer.
"Every year something dangerous happens to Harry, his name is understandable, but Mira."
Dumbledore glanced at him knowing very well he was worried not just about Mira but also about Harry "Yeah I agree with you in that matter, but really I have no idea who can do that and what will be the benefit of doing this" he looked at scenery in small photo frame on his table then again looked at him "I am trying to keep an eye on everything, you also keep your eyes and ears open".