Chapter 17. Name

In the great hall, everyone talking about that who going to select who put their name on it. why is the headmaster taking that much time? Mira was seated in her usual place Draco was also seated in front of her again with Viktor Krum. She already knew whose name going to be announced and what going to happen. but still, she felt uneasy her, chest felt heavy she even didn't look up from the table. Dumbledore explains what the selected have to do. he announced first name Viktor Krum everyone cheered for him then Fleur Delacour after her, he said Cedric Diggory everyone cheered loudly. She mockingly said in a low voice Harry Potter but didn't look up from the table. and finally, she heard him calling "Harry Potter." she closed her eyes.
There was no applause. But a buzzing, as though of angry bees, was starting to fill the Hall. after a few minutes, Dumbledore s called loudly "Harry Potter!" he called again. "Harry! Up here, if you please!" she heard everything that happened in the room but still, she didn't look up or opened her eyes.
She opened her eyes when she heard the most unexpected thing from Dumbledore's mouth " Mira Vain!" she immediately looked up at him and saw him holding a small chit in his hand and looking at her with seriousness whole room looking at her but her mind was still processing 'what is happening?'. She heard Dumbledore calling her name again "Mira! Come up", she was terrified then heard Draco say in a low voice "You put your name in it" he sounded worried. she shouted "I didn't put my name"
Dumbledore eyed her he knew something was not good in this whole thing, but he had to act accordingly he said again to her this time his voice softer than before "Come up". she stood in anger her mind get fuzzy and she did something without any thinking she shouts loudly before running out of the great hall "I didn't put my name on it" she stopped when she stopped at the staircase she sat on staircase and breath trying to not to get panicked properly trying to control herself. she didn't expect that thing going to turn that way, Tears started to fall from her eyes she try to clean the tears with her sleeves 'I just have to avoid those dangerous things but now I'm in that mess' she held heard on his hand, she heard someone's footstep coming near to her she looked down and said in low voice "I didn't put my name on that"
"I know you didn't" She looked up and saw Professor Snape standing in front of her "But still someone did and the goblet of fire choose your name so, let's face it," he said to her and extended his hand for her to take, she wiped her tears last time then took his hand and stand up and said "ha! let's face it"
"I'm with you," Professor Snape told her, she looked at him taking a deep breath to calm herself, and said, "I know".

She entered the great hall Professor Snape walked one step behind her one hand on her shoulder to remind her he was here with her. while walking she could feel hundreds and hundreds of eyes upon her, as though each were a searchlight. The buzzing grew louder and louder. After what seemed like an hour, she was right in front of Dumbledore, feeling the stares of all the teachers upon her. he told her to go through the door without any emotion.
She went through the door out of the Great Hall and found herself in a smaller room, lined with paintings of witches and wizards. A handsome fire was roaring in the fireplace opposite her.
Viktor Krum, Cedric Diggory, Fleur Delacour, and Harry look at her. Cedric's eyes got wide when he saw her, he immediately walked closer to her and asked "What are you doing here?". Ludo Bagman looked at her and said "Our fifth Triwizard champion".
"What the hell happening here," Cedric said loudly and moved more close to her and asked her holding her arm "What hell is that first Harry then you"
Fleur Delacour said while creasing her hair "Her name also just came out of the Goblet of Fire! How funny"
"Well...it is amazing," said Bagman, rubbing his smooth chin and smiling down at Harry then looking at Mira. "But, as you know, the age restriction was only imposed this year as an extra safety measure. And as his and her... name's come out of the goblet...I mean, I don't think there can be any ducking out at this stage...It's down in the rules, you're obliged...Harry and... Vain will just have to do the best th -
The door behind them opened again, and a large group of people came in: Professor Dumbledore, followed closely by Mr. Crouch, Professor Karkaroff, Madame Maxime, Professor McGonagall, and Professor Snape. She heard the buzzing of the hundreds of students on the other side of the wall before Professor McGonagall closed the door. she looked at Dumbledore and Professor Snape. every elder in the room started to talk with each other that more sound like arguing.
"Some elder put their name in it, it's not their fault nor Dumbledore," she heard professor Snape said.
Dumbledore turned to look at them "Did you two put your name into the Goblet of Fire, Mira, Harry?" Dumbledore asked calmly.
"No," they both said together, everyone watching them closely.
"Did you two ask an older student to put it into the Goblet of Fire for you?" Asked Dumbledore,
"No," they said again vehemently. again they start to argue. Harry and Mira glanced at each other. after a few minutes, Moody entered the room. again argument started but in the end, they all were selected and knew one asked them if they want or not. Mr. Crouch told them the first task will take place on November the twenty-fourth.

When the room almost gets empty, "Harry, Cedric, and Mira I suggest you go up to the bed," said Dumbledore, smiling at them. "I am sure Slytherin, Gryffindor, and Hufflepuff are waiting to celebrate with you, and it would be a shame to deprive them of this excellent excuse to make a great deal of mess and noise."
"Headmaster, I..." She hesitated. Dumbledore smiled at her and said "Is okay Mira and I'll talk to you later"

Harry, Cedric, and Mira left the room together, The Great Hall was deserted now; the candles had burned low, giving the jagged smiles of the pumpkins an eerie, flickering quality. Cedric signed and said, "It's not good you said to me not to participate but now you..."
"I didn't put my name Cedric" she looked at Cedric "and Harry also, believe us"
"It's not that I don't believe you mira, I believe you," Cedric s told her with a smile. They existed in the great hall.
"I can walk with you to your dormitory, " Cedric asked her but she refused and said "I can go by myself, your friends waiting for you, so goodnight" She smiled a little. he hugged her shortly and said "Is it okay everything going to be fine" Then he turned to Harry and said the same thing to him then he left. Harry was also just about leave but she stopped him, he looked at her. "you have any idea who did that? " she asked him even though she knew he didn't, Harry looked at her carefully and said "No I don't"
"Harry, do anything you want but... don't share your victory with anyone" She warned him, but Harry only got confused and asked her "What's that mean?".
"I am tired let's talk tomorrow," She said then move to go to her dormitory.
She said the password and entered the Slytherin common room and saw many students present there staring at her. She heard people whispering suddenly someone whistled after that everyone started cheering, whistling, and applauding like she was a star. suddenly some boys come near her and in the next moment, she was in the air. She was very surprised by that. She told them to put her down but no one listened to her. her eyes caught Draco who standing in the corner looking at her and he was not looking happy like other Slytherin. He said something to Pansy who walked toward the students and whispered something and the next second they put her down.