Chapter 27

Mira left the common room and Draco walked with she could hear the voice around them, and she rolled her eyes annoyingly "Why are you doing that?" Mira said to Draco, when they enter the great hall together, most of the students looked at them.
Draco looked at her face confused but he exactly knew what she was talking about "What?" asked Draco walking with her to the Slytherin table. Her step stopped as she looked at his face.
"Why are you sticking with me?" Mira hissed at him, Draco blink his eyes showing that he understood what she was asking "Whole school now knows that I hanging out with you and that idiot, so there is nothing to hide, that hug really huh! Just sit down" said Draco rolling his eyes, Pansy walked toward him holding a magazine in her hand she shows that magazine to him smirking at Mira, Mira just ignored her like she did most of the time and look at the Draco face.
Draco read that magazine his expression changed "What that shit?" he said loudly, Pansy hold his arm and said in her annoyed voice "Look she is not good for you, she is playing with you, what did you even expect from a mudblood"
"Shut up, and also we are not together," said Draco to Pansy in a harsh voice, she immediately released her hand as he passed the magazine to Mira, and she took a good look at the magazine.
She scoffed "Brilliant, I didn't expect her to write something like that," said Mira "Be ready to be mocked Draco".
"No one going to mock me, just wondering what my think about that" Draco replied with an inscrutable face.

...

Some Slytherin boys, Crabbe, and Goyle were standing in a huddle outside the classroom door with Pansy Parkinson's gang of Slytherin girls. All of them were looking at the magazine and touting Harry, Hermione, and Ron when Mira and Draco arrived.
"If that magazine didn't have our names in it, then maybe I also having fun with them," Draco told Mira, she give him a look that clearly told him to shut up, Draco grinned at her and whispered, "Come on it's not a big deal".
"Your parents didn't ask you about that article?" Mira questioned with raised eyebrows, "My mom send me a letter saying..." Draco stopped talking Mira looked at him with a questioning look "It's nothing special actually," he said looking away from her, at that moment The dungeon door opened, and Professor Snape beckoned them all inside, Draco and Mira took their seat at the front desk. when Snape had turned his back on them to write up the ingredients of to days potion on the blackboard, many students around them glanced back.
"They really believe that I gave you a love potion?" Mira asked Draco, he glanced at her and smirked "They are just jealous that two handsome boys are close to you, no need to worry" Draco told her "And if you are worried about my parents then don't,  they are not fools to believe in something like that"
Mira looked back at the class Draco also followed her eyes and saw Hermione smiling at other students, Mira's lips also curved into a smile, Draco also smiled a little bit before someone saw his smile disappear, they turned and look at the blackboard.
Draco puts ingredients on the desk "I was wondering who she knows what we talked about after the second task, Do you have any idea" They turned when they heard, an icy voice behind the class,
"Fascinating though your social life undoubtedly is, Miss Granger," said Professor Snape looking at Harry and Hermione "I must ask you not to discuss it in my class. Ten points from Gryffindor." Mira and Draco exchanged looks, Draco was smiling biting his lips holding his laugh back.
"Ah...reading magazines under the table as well?" Professor Snape added, snatching up the copy of Witch Weekly. "A further ten points from Gryffindor or...oh but of course..." Snape's black eyes glittered as they fell on Rita Skeeter's article. "Potter has to keep up with his press cuttings..... The dungeon rang with the Slytherins' laughter, and an unpleasant smile curled Snape's thin mouth. To Harry's fury, he began to read the article aloud.
"'Harry Potter's Secret Heartache...dear, dear. Potter, what's ailing you now? 'A boy like no other, perhaps...'"
Listening to that Draco was almost about to laugh Mira elbowed him on the stomach, he looked at her with a pained expression "What?" clutching his stomach where Mira hit him.
"Also laugh when a line about us read out like that," said Mira harshly to him. "Our article is not that bad," Draco said to her "and isn't it too harsh to stop me from laughing?" Mira ignored his word, but she wondered for a second 'Maybe he is right'.
Snape was pausing at the end of every sentence to allow the Slytherins a hearty laugh. The article sounded ten times worse when read by Snape.
"'...Harry Potter's well-wishers must hope that next time, he bestows his heart upon a worthier candidate.' How very touching," sneered Snape, rolling up the magazine to continued gales of laughter from the Slytherins.
She looked at Draco with narrowed eyes and said "Because you are the victim one", "Nah, our photo is very nice in those articles" Draco told her, "Well, I think I had better separate the three of you, so you can keep your minds on your potions rather than on your tangled love lives. Weasley, you stay here. Miss Granger, over there, beside Miss Parkinson.Potter - that table in front of my desk. Move. Now." Snape said.
Mira watched Harry walk to the empty desk, she turned to Draco when he whispered to her "We have to do something about that Rita Skeeter, she is crossing the line"
"Yeah, I know but what?" replied Mira setting all the things on the table.

The next day in the evening Mira left the castle with Draco. weather was very clean and nice that day sun was shining in the sky when they arrived at the Hogsmeade, she saw Cedric and Cho walking slowly holding hands, Draco look them then Mira and say in a low voice standing behind her "Want to go Honeydukes?"
She looked at Draco and said nodding "Yeah, let's go" Draco looked at the hand that Mira just grabbed, he shifted his eyes to look at her face and saw the smile on her lips and shining black eyes staring at him 'This is the only darkness I want to lose' Draco thought to himself and smiled "Let's go," said Draco, they turned and started to walk, Draco glanced back and saw Cedric looking at them not them but their hands, Draco slowly intertwines his fingers with her and he saw Cedric expression changed. He smiled to himself like he won something.
Draco lead her to the honeydukes it was the first time that Mira visited honeydukes. they enter the store and saw, There were shelves upon shelves of the most succulent-looking sweets imaginable. Creamy chunks of nougat, shimmering pink squares of coconut ice, she glanced around the store fascinated.
"Want to taste something?" Draco leaned toward her and whispered in her ear, she turned around surprisingly to look at him while touching her ear.
"Yeah, let's taste something" She smiled a little looking everywhere except him, he noticed her ears getting red and smiled brightly and again grabbed her hand.
When they looked around the store they saw Pansy and her gang in the store, Pansy looked at her with disgust but smiled at Draco.
"Draco look, what I bought for you" She came close to them and extended a bar of heart-shaped chocolate at him,
Draco glanced at the chocolate and said coldly "I don't like sweets that much, I thought you know that but... nevermind" and walked past them dragging Mira with him who sympathetically smiled at them but realized it was a bad move when Pansy glared at her.
Pansy looked at Mira and Draco's intertwined fingers "Definitely she gave him a love potion, nasty mud blood bitch" said with disgust.
They walk back to the castle together in silence but it was not for too long
"It looks like we are on a date," said Draco looking at their hands, Mira looked at his face and said "Maybe it is" he also looked at her face surprised expression, and she started to laugh, Draco smiled and said "yeah it is" Mira look at the front and saw Harry Hermione and Ron walking with a black dog.
"Oh! They got a dog," said Draco sarcastically changing the subject.

...

Steve entered the room with two cups of coffee, he placed them on the table next to files that Kevin looking at a few minutes ago, Steve glanced at the letter in his hand "Mira's?" He asked Kevin who hummed in response and said "She also passed the second round."
"So now only the last round is left," Steve said putting down his cup on the table.
"I am scared. She should not have been in all this" Kevin said sipping the coffee with a deep sigh, Steve looked at his face leaning on the sofa eyes closed probably thinking "Don't think too much, nothing will happen to her, the only thing to worry about is who put her name in goblet" Kevin told him, Kevin opened his eyes looking at him narrowed eyes and asked, "So you don't know who did this?" He raised his eyebrows when he didn't answer "Do you suspect anyone?".
"I do suspect someone, but to be sure, I will have to meet them at least once" Kevin replied after some minutes nodding to himself.