Chapter 30, Part- 2

They walked inside, Mira knew the password but she had never looked closely and in that much light in the office before. it was a very beautiful, circular room, lined with pictures of previous headmasters and headmistresses of Hogwarts, all of whom were fast asleep, their chests rising and falling gently
Fudge said some words to them then Dumbledore left them in the office to wait for him to come back, still looking around the office when she heard Harry's voice, she looks at him
"Hello, Fawkes," he said.

Mira took some steps near the phoenix "It's soo beautiful" she said amazed by its look, Dumbledore's phoenix was standing on his golden perch beside the door. The size of a swan, with magnificent scarlet- and gold plumage, he swished his long tail and blinked benignly,
Harry look at Mira and asked, "Why are you here?"
"Why are you here?" Mira asked him, but he didn't give him any answer, he just turn left her to admire that phoenix, after a few minutes she heard the door open Dumbledore enter the office and look at her.
"You know if you don't come I am going to call you anyways" he looked around and said "Oh! Harry" He move further into the office, she exactly know what he was going to do, and saw Harry, Dumbledore turned to her and said "I am going to take him"
"Yeah, go ahead," said Mira casually with a smile, he put his head near the white water and after a few seconds.

"Professor," Harry gasped, "I know I shouldn't - I didn't mean -the cabinet door was sort of open and -", "I quite understand," said Dumbledore. He lifted the basin, carried it over to his desk, placed it up on the polished top, and sat down in the chair behind it. He motioned for Harry and Mira to sit down opposite him.
"What is it?" Harry asked shakily.
And here they go, Mira said to herself and Dumbledore started to explain about Pensieve, she knew what was that but still listen to all that thing he was saying, then he put a memory of his in the basin, Mira thought that was something interesting after seeing Bertha they began
"So, Harry," said Dumbledore quietly. "Before you got lost in my thoughts, you wanted to tell me something."
"Yes," said Harry. "Professor - I was in Divination just now, and - er- I fell asleep."
He glance at Mira, Dumbledore also look at her, she stand up and said "I should take my leave now".
"Sit and listen maybe you can help," said Dumbledore then turn to Harry.
Dumbledore merely said, "Quite an understandable. Continue."
"Well, I had a dream," said Harry. "A dream about Lord Voldemort. He was torturing Wormtail...you know who Worm tail-"
"I know," Mira said, Harry and Dumbledore looked at her.
"I do know," said Dumbledore promptly. "Please continue."
Then Harry told him about his dream in the end Harry said. "It woke me up, it hurt so badly.".
Dumbledore merely looked at him. "Er - that's all," said Harry.
"I see," said Dumbledore quietly. "I see. Now, has your scar hurt at any other time this year, except the time it woke you up over the summer?"
"No, I - how did you know it woke me up over the summer?" said Harry, astonished. Mira rolled her eyes,
"You are not Sirius's only correspondent," said Dumbledore. "I have so been in contact with him ever since he left Hogwarts last year. It was I who suggested the mountainside cave as the safest place for him to stay."
"Professor, its all right to say all those things in front of her," asked Harry looking at Dumbledore,
Dumbledore glanced at her "Yeah, it's totally safe Harry" After a few more words Dumbledore started pacing, Mira was forgotten why she come here at that moment, she tried to remember, what she forgot,
"Professor?" Harry said quietly, after a couple of minutes. Dumbledore stopped pacing and looked at Harry. "My apologies," he said quietly. He sat back down at his desk.
"D'you - d'you know why my scar's hurting me?" Harry asked Dumbledore looked very intently at Harry for a moment, and then about to say something but Mira said first, "Because your scare connects you with Voldemort" Dumbledore and Harry both look at her "That dream you are seeing g it's all real but sometimes you seeing that what Voldemort want you to see"
"How you know that?" asked Harry looking at her
"Just I know," said Mira casually then she looked at Dumbledore and said "he wants to be strong"
"Voldemort," said Harry and Dumbledore together quietly
"Yeah"
Dumbledore and Harry again start to talk and Mira started to think "What she is forgetting"
After a few question-answer, Harry left the office and Dumbledore looked at Mira who was still seated in the chair in front of the desk in deep thought, for a few seconds he just looked at her then stand next to her, and said quietly "I think you do not come here for that talk"
Mira looked at him "Yeah, you are right, I come here to tell you..., do you know any spell or anything that can reverse Avada Kedavra"
"It's Unforgivable Curses we can't reverse that" Dumbledore look's into her eyes "Why are you asking that?"
"Actually I didn't come here for that but I... forget what I come for," said Mira "Oh! I suggest you check the professor's data or whatever you details have about them" Mira gets up from the chair.
"You also suspicious of Professor Snape?" asked Dumbledore
"No, not him but about someone else I am suspicious," said Mira looking into his blue eyes "I should leave now"
Mira walked to the door and was about an exit when she heard Dumbledore say "Good luck with the third task"
Mira left that place and start walking to the dungeon, but when she turn and saw Cedric standing leaning against the wall when he saw her he hurriedly come closer to her and full of worry,
"What happen between you and Draco?" he asked looking at her up to down "Did he hurt you?"
She took one step backward to make a decent gap between them and said "Cedric, nothing happen"
Cedric takes one step closer "Don't lie with me everyone talking about how you fight then you start crying"
"It's nothing" Mira looked down "You know he is a little prideful and-
"Mira," he said her name with a sigh "I know he's not a bad guy, I just want to know why he fought with you?"
She also sigh deeply and held his biceps with her hands and said looking into his eyes "It's nothing, me and he quarreled many times, but in the end, we are always together".
"But this time it sounds serious," Cedric said "Are you sure it's alright?"
"Yeah, I think so"
They started to walk together toward the trophy room "Ah! About last night..." Cedric started to say but stopped and glanced at her face. Cedric had been wanting to know what was going on between Mira and the headmaster. He decided to ask her directly "You and the headmaster seem pretty close"
but Mira had been evasive and smiled awkwardly, avoiding a direct answer. She knew that she couldn't tell Cedric the truth. she evaded the question. He could tell she was trying to avoid giving a real answer.
The two of them were still walking, but now the atmosphere had grown awkward and uncomfortable. Cedric was determined to break the silence. He playfully pulled on Mira's braid, which caused her to yell at him. 'What the hell, Cedric?'
Cedric stepped away from her and teased her. 'Oh, does your hair hurt, little girl?' Mira narrowed her eyes at him and chased after him. Laughing, Cedric taunted her. 'Your legs are small, you can't even catch me, tiny!' he runs
Mira and Cedric were soon running outside the castle toward the ground and laughing together, the awkwardness forgotten. They finally stopped, exhausted from the chase, and sat down on the green grass of the ground. They both felt relieved that the tension had been broken, and Mira felt grateful to Cedric for being so understanding. "I'm tired" Mira announced. "I am carefully slow when you chase you know for your safety," Cedric said with a laugh, she hit his arm and said, "Yeah, I might die if you run fast".
Cedric looked at her face to confirm if she was joking or not, she had a bright smile on her face. So he sighed in relief.

Draco stared at the scene of Mira and Cedric, out of breath, laughing and panting heavily as they sat down on the grassy ground clearly having just come off of some sort of adventure. He couldn't believe his eyes, and for a moment he wondered how things had gotten so complicated. He remembered their argument; it had been a stupid reason of little significance and he regretted his own actions for instigating it.
But When Cedric told her that he was dating Cho Chang, Draco saw the sadness in Mira's eyes. He knew that Cedric liked her and he keep quiet because didn't want to break their friendship but why wasn't she saying anything? He had felt her eyes suddenly glance away from him as if in shame and sadness, and he knew at that moment that she was hiding something. If she likes him too, why wasn't she admitting it? If not then why him dating Cho Chang made her sad.
He wanted her to be able to accept and embrace her true emotions but he also wanted her to himself. He felt a strong desire to be selfish and to lock her away so that none but him could ever have her.
Draco sighed, understanding that such desires made him no better than the other Slytherins. He knew that if he truly cared about Mira and her happiness, he must accept that he may never have the chance to be with her, after that argument, he definitely did not have any chance. He himself destroyed everything they had. Just then, Mira turned her head in Draco's direction, as if she could sense his thoughts. Their eyes locked, and at that moment, He knew he was being selfish that he wanted her to just look at him, With a heavy heart, he turned away and stepped back into the corridor walking away.