Chapter 34

Mira tried to used all her senses and focus her mind, hold her wand held like Steve told her and cast one spell, but all she got was a small spark while Steve was expecting big firework. He was disappointed.
"If I don't intimidate you then you won't take it seriously. You must admit that you are not strong enough to protect yourself and so this training is necessary." Steve said. "Now, I want you to try again. focus and create a proper spell formation and remember to hold your wand firmly." Mira nodded and she closed her eyes and focused, she chant aloud the words to invoke the spell, suddenly the wand start to emit light and falling red petals started to surround them. "Much better" Steve said with a smile, "but, you still need to use more power and be vigorous to cast the spell".
He look at her and continue "let's do practice evocation spell which you can use to protect yourself ", "What did you say?" she said scared and confused. "Do your best and not let me down kid, lest see how talented you truly are." he said pointing at her with his wand. They battled with eachother that ofcourse Steve won without effort at all "you are soo dumb, understand the situation and choose spell accordingly and fast too" Steve said "at this rate you gonna die without even fighting"

"I just want this training to be successfully completed" she added "Do you think it will be easy?" Steve asked. "You need to be focused, brave, and fast to complete this training and don't forget to use your wand Everytime." Mira was trembling with both fear as well as sweat. Steve wanted her to step up her game and be come better but she was intensely tired of the exhausting training he was giving. There have been times when she felt that she has been pushed to her breaking point and felt that she won't be able to take it anymore. But Steve wasn't giving up on her and kept pushing her harder to make her better. "Ok,now try again" Steve said Mira was breathe heavily she know for to grow as powerful witch she must push through Steve's training and even though she was looking almost broken she brought up all her courage and firmly held her wand. When she did Steve showed a vague smile and asked her to try a more powerful spell. Mira new that this is it, she can't back down now and mustering all her strength she did a powerful spell. Steve was highly impressed and said. "I think you are finally getting the hang of it,It was like you were a completely different witch. We really need to keep up this spirit from now on"

...

Mira had a feeling of dread as she slowly crept down the stairs to the kitchen. The booming sound that had woken her had grown louder as she neared the bottom of the stairs. When she reached the kitchen, she saw her father standing with his arms crossed, a stern look on his face.

Steve was standing near the stove, an unsatisfied expression on his face. Mira couldn't help but be curious and walked over to get a better look. On the stove was a big pot, and it was spewing out a thick, black, and purple liquid. It was a sight to behold and Mira was awestruck.
"Absolutely a blast" Mira whispered to herself, she walked back near to her father who also glanced at her then again looked at Steve who just staring at the pot. for a few minutes, they were standing there in the kitchen silently looking at Steve waiting for him to say something but he didn't.
"Steve" Kevin called out in a calm voice, but Steve didn't reply or say anything at all, he even didn't move from the stove counter. Kevin finally decided and took steps toward him but stopped when he heard Steve's deep sigh running fingers through his hair Steve said "Sorry for waking you two in the middle of the night".
"Ahh! Are you... cooking something?" Mira asked him glancing at the pot and liquid around it.
Steve looked at her with seriousness and replied taking liquid in a bowl "Morning breakfast, come here and taste it", Mira looked at the bowl in his hand disgusted "What a joke haha" she laughed dramatically.
"Who says I am joking? Now come here" he approached her with the bowl in his hand, she without realizing took two steps backward "Wha...what..t wrong... with..th yo..youu?" Mira asked her voice was shattering
A smirk appeared on Steve's face "Absolutely nothing dear" he said and took one step near to her with a charming smile.
"Dad" she called to Kevin and again took one step back, "don't you dare to come near to me," she said to Steve who just looked amused by her reaction.
"Be a good girl, open your mouth" Steve said holding a purple liquid spoon to feed her, she looked at that disgusting liquid and yelled,
"Dad... "
Kevin rolled his eyes at Steve's childish behavior and said calmly
"Stop teasing her," Steve put the spoon back in the bowl while muttering to himself "Boring". Kevin looked satisfied, "Mira this is not for you, he just messing with you," Kevin told her daughter.
She looked at the bowl with a disgusting face "What is this?" she asked Steve
"Oh! it's for protection" Steve told them again expression changes to a poker face, Kevin's expression also changed this time to curious and he asked, "Is this liquid going to protect us?"
"Exactly!" Mira agreed with her dad
"Not that liquid it's just a mistake, maybe I dropped something by mistake and that's happened," Steve said looking at the liquid carefully "I never fail in making something before"
"It's ok, sometimes mistakes happen," Kevin with a small encouraging smile
"Thanks, I guess ", Steve said emotionlessly still looking at the liquid in the bowl.
"Just clean your mess in the morning," Kevin told him still smilingly "We can't have a maid now at least not a normal one"
"Yeah!" Steve agreed, and with that everything in the kitchen started to clean up, Kevin looked at the kitchen with an impressed expression, and Mira looked at Steve with curiosity,
"You don't need a wand to do magic," Mira said with amazement.
Steve put the bowl on the kitchen counter and said without looking at her "I am not a wizard"
"So, Who are you?" Mira asked starting at his back.
"it's not important who I am, important is that I am not your enemy, by the way in this world there are a lot of things you don't know," Steve told her and turned to look at her with a smile "Now go and sleep...dear. if I feel like telling I will tell you, one day by the practice with me sometime"

Again she woke up this time something ticking on her window she gets up from the bed with a huff and went to the window and remove the cover and saw a brown owl with a letter, she opened the window that owl just dropped the letter to her and flew away like it was in hurry, she looked at the letter there was only A.B written on the envelope, she opened the letter

I am coming to pick you up at night.

this was the only line written in the letter, she put the letter back in the envelope and checked the time on the alarm clock its 9 am, she run downstairs and saw her dad with messy hair wearing a grey T-shirt and a pajama cup in his hand standing at the kitchen entrance as well-dressed Steve standing within the front of him, they were didn't even notice her until she went near to them and said "I got a letter" she handed the letter to her dad Steve moved to stand next to him and stand with her dad reading the letter and said "So Dumbledore going to pick you"

And at midnight Dumbledore knocked on the door of her home, Kevin opened the door for him, and after ten minutes of discussion, he extended his hand to her to take.

"I thought we are going with her" Kevin said looking disappointed once they left, "this is good that he didn't suspect anything, if did he never gonna came to take her" Steve said from the sofa "we have secret to keep, remember that"
"Yeah I know that but as her parents, someone from the ministry should assist us, isn't it work like that?" Kevin question taking seat next to him. "Yeah they did" Steve told him "but... Dumbledore don't want us to get involved" he looked at Kevin "and believe me it is good for us"