Chapter 60 Moments

A streak of silver light flashed around the room. There was a bang like a gunshot, and the floor trembled. a hand grabbed her arm and forced them down on the floor as a second silver flash went off — several of the portraits yelled, Fawkes screeched, and a cloud of dust filled the air. Coughing in the dust, they saw a dark figure fall to the ground with a crash in front of them. There was a shriek and a thud and somebody cried, "No!" Then the sound of breaking glass, frantically scuffling footsteps, a groan — and silence.

She saw Cedric standing beside her still holding her arm, Harry, Marietta standing close to next behind McGonigal, and Dust was still floating gently down through the air onto them.

A tall figure moved toward them. "Are you all right?" Asked Dumbledore. "Yes!" said Professor McGonagall, getting up and dragging Harry and Marietta with her. Cedric also moved with her.

"Unfortunately, I had to hex Kingsley too, or it would have looked very suspicious," said Dumbledore in a low voice. "He was remarkably quick on the uptake, modifying Miss Edgecombe's memory like that while everyone was looking the other way — thank him for me, won't you, Minerva?"

They had a conversion Mira and Cedric also heard them, Dumbledore warrened Harry about Occlumency,  

"— you will understand," whispered Dumbledore Harry  Fawkes circled the office and swooped low over him. Dumbledore released Harry, "What about me?" Mira said, "What do I have to do?"

"Mira you did amazing work," Dumbledore said to her, "listen you are important to me, so be careful if anything happens, tell Snape" Mira nodded "Mira if you can't do that you already know what you have to do"

"Just come, he going g to help you," Dumbledore said then he raised his hand and grasped the phoenix's long golden tail. There was a flash of fire and the pair of them had gone.

After a few heated words with Fudge, McGonigall led them downstairs out of the office, McGonagall looked at the four of them and asked "Everyone is alright?'

"Mira" Draco called from the distance walking toward them, "Mira are you alright,?" 

"Yeah I am good," Mira said moving near to him now they were standing in front of each other with one step gap, "I am so sorry I don't want to do that, she... she, just call us suddenly, I even tried to warren you, I toldthehouseelfs " he was babbling, 

"Hey hey relax I know, Just relax look " Mira tried to comfort "It's not your fault"

After that day,  days went smoothly, Draco joined the Umbridge squad, and she was glad Draco listened to her words and gave a clear statement to Umbridge that he wanted to spy on what they were going to do in the meeting that why he wrote his name on the list, she believed him, know he tell her everything that they were doing in the squad, but he becomes really busy because of that, and Cedric he was busy with study, and Mira was also busy, she was in the library study about magical plants when she heard Madam Pince voice

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?" she was shouting at Harry and Ginny a few tables away from her, Mira shook her head and got up to collect all books and went to put them in their places, Mira put the books back, she put the last book and turned to leave but she saw Cedric standing in the front of her looking at her,

"It's an Easter egg, Mum sent for you" Cedric handed her a paper bag "Oh! She also sent some cookies, remember you ate last time at my home"

Mira snatched the bag out of his hand looked inside the bag, and smiled with satisfaction, "Say thanks to your mom, she is really nice" She glanced at his hand he was holding one more bag. "It's for Cho?"  

"Not anymore," said Cedric carefree.

She sighed "Did you fight with her? She asked, 

"Sort of," Cedric replied "She is a nice girl, I like her but she loves drama a lot"

"What happened this time?" Mira asked, they started walking out of the library.

"I gave her this(showing the bag in his hand) then she started talking about Marietta,"  Cedric explained to her "and she started to tell me how her friend is a lovely person"

"Ok," Mira said awkwardly she didn't blame Marietta but also she understood others' feelings so she was not the right person to talk to about this topic

"OK?, Just ok? come on, her friend just sold us out, and she just said like it's not a big deal," Cedric said angrily "We could have been kicked out of school"

"Ok ok she is not right to say those things," said Mira to stop him "But still, cho is her friend, if she left her friend like that then she would not be considered a good friend"

"It's just bullshit you telling me" Cedric scoffed.

...

She arrived at her career appointment with Professor Snape, 

"Take a seat Mira," said Snape to her, she took the seat with a smile,

"First name basis, Hmm!" she heard then she realized they were not alone, she looked at the corner and saw Professor Umbridge was sitting there, a clipboard on her knee, a fussy little pie-frill around her neck, and a small, horribly smug smile on her face.

"This meeting is to talk over any career ideas you might have and to help you decide which subjects you should continue into your sixth and seventh years," Snape told her with a nod as he shuffled the many pamphlets littering his desk. "any thoughts about what you would like to do after you leave Hogwarts?"

"I never thought about that professor," Mira said. "nothing? really" Professor Snape asked.

She heard the scratching noise from behind her then she turned to look at Umbridge and Snape said "You have good grades in every subject, Mira"

"Do you call every student by their first name?" Umbridge asked him, "not all, just a few" replied Snape "So Mira do you need more time to think about your career, or do you want some advice"

"Maybe I need time end of the year is good," Mira replied with a smile

"You know Miss Vain who can't even decide their career on time not able to become successful in their life," Umbridge said.

"Is it like that?" Mira said "Then maybe...I still need time to think"

"You can take time after all it's a question of your future," said Snape in calm "mir-

"You are a very careless person, you should pay more attention to yourself" Umbridge taunted with her sweet fake tone and said, "If this continues, I do not see anything good in your future."

"Okay, I'll take care of that," Mira said.

...

She was seated in her last exam History Of Magic writing the answer to the question paper

. . . the first Supreme Mugwump of the International Confederation of Wizards was Pierre Bonaccord, but his appointment was contested by the Wizarding community of Liechtenstein, because — 

But somebody screamed in the middle of the examination everyone turned their heads to look at that person when Mira turned her head she saw Harry hit the ground, still yelling, as the Great Hall erupted all around him.