The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 11

3rd. Person's POV

They're still in the kitchen as the certain group of freshmen along with Trey were still busy making tarts. They've learned more than they've imagined as the Ramshackle Duo enjoys the baking a lot, yet the Heartslabyul freshmen were ended up huffing out loud and sighing.

"Puuaaah! We're finally done with the peeling!" Ace groans out loud tiredly and slumps backwards.

"My arms hurt..." Deuce agrees before they heard their greenette senpai behind them chuckling a bit.

"Good job. Your hard work will make it tastier." Trey praises them both genuinely with a smile.

"I'm full from just the smell." Grim huffs and almost collapse besides (Y/N)'s leg below.

"Next we mix butter and sugar into the chestnut paste..." Trey spoke again and (Y/N) complies, mixing the said ingredients.

"Then add oyster sauce as the secret ingredient." He also said and  (Y/N) suddenly turns to Trey besides her dumbfounded while blinking.

"OYSTER SAUCE?!" Both Deuce and Ace yelps in utterly surprised and taken back shockingly.

"Yep. The savoriness of oysters adds depth and richness to the cream. Here's young oyster sauce with the walrus' seal of excellence. Famous patisserie all use this in their tarts." Trey confirms and holds up the said bottle as they'd sweat drop.

"Seriously... That's a pretty salty sauce." Deuce murmurs in disbelief yet went deep in thought.

"Even chocolate gets but in curry all the time... It might be good." Ace agrees, until Trey laughs out loud and they're taken aback again.

"It's a joke. Oyster sauce does not belong in sweets." Trey confesses and they went surprised.

"SCREW YOU! YOU SAID IT WITH A STRAIGHT FACE!" Ace curses  angrily and about to march up to Trey with angry stumps.

"C-Calm down, Ace-kun. He doesn't mean any harm." (Y/N) stammers panicky as to calming him down, getting in between both parties.

"If you took a second to think about it, you'd figure it out. Don't just accept things without a healthy amount of skepticism. Better study up." Trey chuckles lightly and Ace glares at him annoyingly.

"This guy looks nice but is pretty good at lying..." Grim dead pans with a frown while (Y/N) slightly chuckles awkwardly.

"Next is the whip cream... Ah!" Trey trails off, but he suddenly panics before the freshmen became confused.

"What's the matter?" Ace asks  curiously as Trey gasps out of ordinary.

"You all gather so many chestnuts that I got ahead of myself and made too much marron paste. We don't have enough whip cream to mix into it." Trey dead pans in disbelief and shaking his head a bit.

"I can go out and buy some. Is it sold at the school store?" Deuce spoke up, volunteering and Trey turns around before nodding gratefully.

"You can find anything at that place so it should be there. Could I ask you to pick up a few other things? 2 cartoons of milk, a dozen eggs, aluminum cups and 5 cans of fruit..." Trey spoke and giving Deuce of paper listing down their needs.

"I don't think I can carry all that alone..."  Deuce murmurs in thought whilst staring down at the list.

"(N/N), do you mind coming with me?" He asks and turns to (Y/N) who nods at him back eagerly.

"I'M GOING TOO! I'm tired of mixing flour endlessly." Grim exclaims and hops towards (Y/N)'s arms as she caught him.

Sooner as they've removed their aprons, they bid their farewells to them. Deuce is leading the way as they're leaving both the reassure Trey and the grumpy Ace behind.

~🌸~

They arrived at the certain place's doorsteps. Deuce firstly excuses himself after knocking and twisting the doorknob slowly. Then (Y/N) with Grim in her cradled arms went in before Deuce and they're looking around in complete astonishment.

In every walls of the room has cupboards and cabinets full of old magic stuff and seemingly hunted instruments such as an old percussion, stings and floats. Mask with eccentric villain-y vibe hangs on the other purple walls, green lamps lit up and candles light up in dark creepy way. The floor below them creaks as they're taking every step forward, walking up at the empty counter while they're looking around distracted.

"... Wow, this place is amazing. There's a crystal skull, grimoires... What kind of taxidermy is this?" Deuce murmurs with eyes widening and sweat drops awkwardly.

"Woah~ Do they really sell whip cream here?" Grim mumbles in awe while looking around them curiously.

"Hey~! My lost demons, how goes it?"  Someone greets and appears out of nowhere enthusiastically.

Suddenly, the group turns around and became utterly surprise as they've found an eccentric man leaning forward from behind the counter. The said man has a pair of magenta eyes, black and purple dreads flipped over the right side of his head and an undercut. He has a skeletal peculiar markings printed beneath his eyes, neck chest and on his forearms, a white rib markings on the bright purple vest he wears beneath his maroon blazer, skeletal motif with a small skull affixed to his hat.

He also has a pin resembling a talisman on the side of his blazer, black aprons tied together with a black and white ribbon. He has a single pocket visible near his hip holding a green hasma-type object inside. He wears a pair of white gloves on his both hands, a maroon trouser with a black shoes and red socks noticeably underneath his pants.

The peculiar man himself keeps leaning on the counter with his elbows. Yet, his cheerful smile falters a bit when he's eyeing the certain girl holding a grey gremlin in her arms curiously.

"Welcome to Mr. S's Mystery Shop. What can I do for you today? A charm from enchanted lands? Mummy of an ancient king? Or how about some cursed tarot cards?" He welcomes, jumping in front of (Y/N) in a blink.

She flinches too all of the sudden in fright as the shop owner keeps leaning closer to her face with wide grins. (Y/N) went awkwardly dumbfounded as Grim also shudders and jolts.

"FFGNA!! YOU SCARED ME!" Grim yelps before hiding his face on (Y/N)'s chest, trembling.

Deuce dead pans dumbfounded as he's watching them interacting whilst (Y/N) chuckles a bit awkwardly. She keeps backing away from the peculiar shop owner's close radar as the man over the counter grins widely at them.

 She keeps backing away from the peculiar shop owner's close radar as the man over the counter grins widely at them