Tactician of the Hot Sands: Chapter 29

3rd. Person's POV

At the back of their upperclassmen, (Y/N) teaches her fellow freshmen her knowledge about their Professor Crewel's classes. She leniently points out their mistakes in which made them beams happily after understanding the texts.

At the back of the crowd, Jamil stood on his tracks and was in utter disbelief upon seeing them all favoring their guests and Kalim once more.

Kalim did as Azul had told him and strolling left and right around the room, reading his notes out loud until it slips out his tongue so naturally later on.

"Yeah! I really feel like these incantations are really sticking more than usual!" Kalim happily cheers and Grim acknowledges him by nodding.

"Great! But actually, (Y/N) can memorize whole textbook in just few hours of studying." Grim cheekily added, taken Kalim aback surprisingly and (Y/N) flinches from afar upon hearing it.

"G-Grim! T-Th-That's... so embarrassing!" (Y/N) stutters, covering her face with her textbook in embarrassment.

"REALLY, (N/N)-CHAN~?! THAT'S SO AMAZING! PLEASE, TEACH ME HOW!" Kalim childishly beams at (Y/N), leaving Jamil sighs heavily at them.

~🌸~

At the courtyard, they all gather around after they all have changed into their PE uniforms. As (Y/N) came out in a female-version of their PE, all of the Scarabians went gawking at her until one of the twins appears behind her.

"Little Shrimp~! C'mere, c'mere! Ahaha~!" Floyd greets (Y/N) casually, wrapping his arms around her but sending bone-chilling glares towards the gawking crowd.

Azul can only sighs in disbelief at his antics, lightly shaking his head at him while Jade also sends others his signature yet threatening smirk.

Jamil only dead pans at the sight while Grim is dumbfounded. Both (Y/N) and Kalim were oblivious until Azul composed himself and coughs a bit dry to gain their attention.

"Working on your body can also help your mind process everything you learned, but pushing yourself to the brink will have the opposite effect." Azul spoke and everyone went mouth-agape in realization.

"Scrimmage matches are good exercise and also help you relieve stress." Jade added too and Floyd beams at them with a huge grin.

"Ah hah~ I wanna go wild too! Someone come and fight me~" Floyd coos excitedly too, yet others immediately backs away in fright.

"Then let's split into teams of five and get started!" Kalim commands his residents and they all salute again at him.

They all scatters around and forms into teams as Kalim told them so. Whilst the others are chattering and readying their Magic Pens, a tall figure approaches (Y/N) with a sheathed sword when the (H/C)-haired girl looks up to him confusedly.

"Here, you may train yourself with a sword. It'll be helpful to you to learn how to defend yourself." Jade spoke, grinning at her placidly and (Y/N) uncertainly took it.

"Oh, umm... But, who will I have a sparring with though? Everyone seems already are..." (Y/N) stammers, looking around them in thought.

"Then, would you like to spar with me a bit?" Jade suggests and (Y/N) looks back at him, utterly flabbergasted.

"R-Really?! But Jade-senpai, I thought yo—" (Y/N) stutters panics, but Jade cuts her off and chuckles.

"It is certainly fine, (Y/N). Azul wouldn't mind at all." Jade reassures with another grin and (Y/N) hesitantly nodded at him.