Tactician of the Hot Sands: Chapter 07

3rd. Person's POV

The tension in between them has risen up as the silence between Kalim and Jamil continues. Meanwhile with the Ramshackle Duo, they could only look at them back and right with nervousness and confusion.

The students around them only gulps nervously and terrified as (Y/N) noticing their reaction in which worries her even more.

"What's the meaning of this, Jamil? I didn't hear anything about guests being invited!" Kalim ask his Vice who look back at him, nervously swallowing his fear.

"Kalim, there's a good reason..." Jamil trails off as he tries to reason out while he sweat drops nervously besides (Y/N) on the carpet.

"What's with this guy...?" Grim asks in disbelief and went hiding behind (Y/N)'s hips, cowering and trembling noticeably.

"I told you to always let me know in advance if we're having guests! Then..." Kalim scolds Jamil sternly and he trails off while the tension around them thickens.

"WE COULD HAVE PUT TOGETHER AN EVEN BETTER FEAST WITH A CONCERT TO GO WITH IT!!!" Kalim whines childishly while the people went to look at him surprised.

"Eh?" Both Grim and (Y/N) only utter dumbfounded while they're blinking at him, surprisingly taken aback and the tension became awkward.

"Hey, you two! Thanks for coming! Sorry about not having a parade to welcome you! I'm the Dorm Leader of Scarabia, Kalim Al-Asim. It's nice to meet you, right?" Kalim greets them with wide grin on his face and (Y/N) awkwardly look back at him, overwhelmed.

"Nope, you've met them before." Jamil interferes bluntly and Kalim only look at him again, blinking curiously and innocently dumbfounded as well.

"Grim set your butt on fire during the Entrance Ceremony, you met Prefect from the library and spoke with them before the Magift Tournament." Jamil numerates until Kalim went beams happily.

"Oh? Really?! Ahahaha~ My B, my B! I'm not very good with names and faces. I don't mean any offence. Well then! It's nice to see you guys again!" Kalim laughs awkwardly and apologizes at the Ramshackle Duo with a wide smile on his face.

"Y-Yes, it's been really a while. Nice to see you again, Dorm Leader Kalim." (Y/N) stutters sheepishly after she nodded and returns the same smile to Kalim.

Meanwhile with Grim felt relief as he went back to eating again, Jamil look at both Kalim and (Y/N) exchanging greetings with suspicious sharp gaze while confusedly staring at the two. That didn't go noticed by Kalim and (Y/N), after all.

"Wow~! Everything looks super tasty. Jamil, how'd it all turn out?" Kalim exclaims while looking around at the foods being prepared before them.

"As well as always. There isn't anything dangerous mixed in so you can eat without worry. The poison testers have already done their job." Jamil reassures Kalim in reply while (Y/N) look at him dumbfounded and Grim almost choked.

"POISON TESTERS?!" Grim shrieks shockingly with wide eyes and sweat dropping profusely awkward.

"Kalim is the heir to an extremely wealthy family from the Land of Hot Sands so there are those who may come after his life, which makes poison testing necessary." Jamil explains to them calmly and Kalim nods, vigorously agrees.

"You're always blowing things out of proportion, Jamil. That last time, there was an attempted poisoning was four years ago when I was stuck in a coma for two weeks. Since then, there's been no issues." Kalim also confesses while smiling awkwardly and scratching behind his head, chuckling a bit.