Tactician of the Hot Sands: Chapter 27

3rd. Person's POV

Soft murmurs can be heard as soon as (Y/N) slowly regaining her consciousness. Slight creaks of the bed she was laying in caught the Octavinelle Trio's and Grim's attention. As they're seeing that she finally awake, Grim came to her side instantly.

"You're okay, henchman?! YOU FAINT WHILE WE DON'T HAVE OUR EYES ON YOU!" Grim panics and (Y/N) only stares at him, confused.

With the boys surrounding her, Azul gently take off his glove and places the back of his hand on her forehead. While (Y/N) is startled a bit by his action, Azul only hums a bit and the glints of his eyes shows his compassion.

"It seems like you don't have a fever either. However it's for the best to not overexert yourself with things that are stressful to you." Azul concludes and retrieving his hand back, wearing his glove again.

"Azul's right. You better get a nice rest if you need it." Jade agrees and (Y/N) looks among them, pondering again.

"Um... Who brought me here...?" (Y/N) stammers and the twins turn to each other, sending a knowing message through their eyes.

"Well~ Seally is already frantic 'till we turn around and saw you knocked out, Little Shrimp. So, I've carryin' you here for a while." Floyd admits nonchalantly and Jade nods, agreeing.

"You are unexpectedly as light as a feather, so Floyd volunteers and carrying you with ease." Jade added and (Y/N) was taken aback, surprisingly.

"Let's not get sidetrack yet, boys. Let's discuss the matters now that Prefect is well." Azul interrupt after he clear his throat and all of them are agreeing by nodding.

"Thank you for your hard work, Jade. Did you have a good talk with Kalim?" He spoke again and turning to Jade who nods in reply.

"Yes, and your hunch was correct. It's highly likely that Kalim-san is being brainwashed and controlled by magic." Jade added and the Ramshackle Duo went taken aback, shocked.

"BRAINWASHED?!" Grim shrieks utterly terrified and (Y/N) went in thought, deeply pondering.

All of the sudden, familiar memories from her recent dreams flash before her eyes. Both of her (E/C) eyes dilate upon remembering uncertain scenes she has encountered before and during her captives.

Seeing her wincing in headache and wobbling made the Octravinelle Trio's eyes already dilating in panic. Azul immediately sits beside her upon seeing her almost fainting, holding her steady by her forearms.

"Do you feel down the weather, Prefect? If you're ill, just take a rest." Azul asks worriedly, yet (Y/N) slight shakes her head to him.

"I'm doing just fine, Dorm Leader. It's just that, I feel like I've heard this before..." (Y/N) reassures him with a slight smile while the boys are not convinced.

Grim notices her pale state made him hesitantly climbs to her lap. (Y/N) slowly looks down and saw her partner curling up as her palm rests on his grey fur. (Y/N) couldn't help but petting him at the moment.

"Is that even possible?" Grim interrupts and staring at Jade who nodded him in reply.

"This is different from Ruggie's magic and seems to be more along the lines of hypnotism. However, it is much higher level technique that requires a lot of magic to use so there are exceedingly few wizards that can use it..." Jade explains and Floyd nods besides him, agreeing.