Tactician of the Hot Sands: Chapter 01

3rd. Person's POV

The breeze around (Y/N) sends harsh wind to her bare skin constantly. It's sending dusts and sands near to her as soon as (Y/N) slowly woke up, finding herself surprisingly standing alone in the middle of a dessert place.

"A vast... dessert?" (Y/N) thought in confusion and her eyes widens in utter disbelief.

In confusion utterly, she look around her even more and becoming frantic. Finding herself in the vast unknown land despite remembering she was once asleep in her cozy room, her breath becoming rigid and her heartbeat fasten its paces.

Just then, (Y/N) hear a horse galloping and neighing against the sands beneath them as the moonlight shone upon the land. As soon as she turns to other direction, there she saw a street man almost get trampled by a horse where a familiar vizier rode on.

"You are late." The vizier (Jafar) spoke in impatient tone, causing the street thief pleading on his knees to forgive him.

"I had to slit a few throat, but I got it." The man (Gazeem) spoke too in panic, but that made (Y/N) confused and taken aback.

"Trust me, my pungent friend." The Sorcerer of the Sand spoke again, and later on (Y/N) turn away as she almost witnessed a nightmarish scene.

Then a trailing magic caught her attention, but the sorcerer was ahead of her as he rode and follow its guidance in hurry.

"Quickly, follow the trail!" The sorcerer hurries and the next moment (Y/N) she blinks, she found herself in another place.

She's still in the same dessert place, yet in different spot. She look around her again, but then she see a cave in tiger-head's shape as the light from its inside glow bright and wide.

"At last, after all my years of searching." A voice interrupts (Y/N)'s thoughts before she turns and see the same vizier widely grins with hint of greediness.

"The Cave of Wonders!" The sorcerer exclaims, followed by his red parrot (Iago) sitting atop of his shoulder repeating the same words.

His dark chuckles sends fear down to (Y/N)'s spines as she took few steps away from him. Yet, not knowing in her dream she wouldn't be noticed and seen at all.

"Remember, bring me the lamp. The lamp is mine!" He spoke again, then chuckling loudly in sinister manner.

"Who disturbs my slumber?" A roaring loud voice spoke out loud in raging tone, and with that (Y/N) black out and indulged forcefully in the dark.

~🌸~

(Y/N) sat up straight with sweats all over her body and panting heavily as she woke up from a dream. She looked around her again and found herself safely back to reality.

She was sitting on a bed, slowly calming her rigid breath so until she's feeling now at ease. Her legs carefully sway at the edge of her bed, and she slowly walk up to the mirror that is atop of the small fireplace below.

She stares at her reflection with the look of confusion, wondering as she placed her palm on its glass and letting out a huge sigh beneath her breath.

Days have been past then and luckily, winter holiday have finally arriving. However the time after receiving such a gift from an unknown person, she couldn't remember what was happening a day after that.

The pink heart-gem on her necklace somewhat glistens a bit against the light, and she unconsciously rubbing it gently to ease her tension slowly lifting up to her whole body.