The Merchant of the Deep Sea: Chapter 26

3rd. Person's POV

Due to their exhaustion, the Ramshackle Duo has finally plops tiredly on the couch and fell asleep in the middle of the cold night. But (Y/N) has fallen asleep with a dream that is conquering her in her unconsciousness.

~🌸~

(Y/N) slowly flutters her eyes open and the chills made her trembling in cold. As soon as she looks around her out of curiosity, her breath was taken away by the surroundings around her.

"Whoa~ What a romantic scenery..." (Y/N) thought in awe, walking around the tress that is setting the whole atmosphere differently.

As the back of her feet touches the cold water of the lake, she yelps in surprised and turned around when she saw the once mermaid and her prince rowing in a boat.

"At least tell me your name." The prince persists, yet the mermaid (Ariel) could only start fidgeting on her lap nervously.

"Her name is Ariel!" Someone shouts from afar and (Y/N) turned around to see a certain red lobster cheering, rooting for their ocean princess.

"That's a pretty name. Ariel..." The prince mutters to the maiden before him and the maiden nods in reply before they're both leaning closer to each other.

Lots of the birds and fishes are cheering loudly, happy for the couple. (Y/N) fell in awe and happily smiling proud for the mermaid.

But before the two could closes their gap as their leaning closer for a kiss, their boat rattles and they're both fell out of the boat.

(Y/N) gasps in shock and worriedly at the sight while the animals around them start squawking, whistling and making panicky sounds when the couple fell out on the water. Soon she recognizes those familiar moray eels that interrupt them by flipping their rowing boat below.

As she' begun to walk into the water to help out the two, she suddenly yelps in surprised when she's suddenly sunk deeper into the water.

~🌸~

Then as she open her eyes again, she look around her again panicky and felt cold until she hears voices that sounded sinister to her comfort.

"That girl is tougher than I thought. I'll show you what my magic is really capable of!" The Sea Witch's voice spoke amidst the dark, sending chills down to (Y/N)'s spines.

~🌸~

Soon, the scenery have changed and lit up when (Y/N) has her eyes widens in fear and gasping shockingly at the very sight in front of her.

"Ursula, enough! Release my daughter." The King of the Ocean demands while the Sea Witch's moray eels took a tight grip on the princess.

"She belongs to me now. But I'll gladly make a trade. Her, for someone more valuable." The Sea Witch said sinisterly, smirking while the king tightens his grip on his glowing-gold trident.

"King Triton, accept the deal and sign the contract!" The Sea Witch also demands, even laughs sinisterly when a golden contract appears in front of the king's face.

"She wanted everything from the start." (Y/N) thought in disbelief while shake her head a bit in fear.

Before she could oppose, her eyes are suddenly dropping heavily and the darkness soon lulling her back into the unconsciousness. Although, she found herself attempting to reach up to their direction in hopes to have the struggling mermaid's attention towards her.