Tactician of the Hot Sands: Chapter 17

3rd. Person's POV

Sooner before they'd realize, they've survives and fiinally arriving at the same dried up East Oasis. Jamil helps (Y/N) to dismount the camel she is riding before Kalim could even turn around and caught her.

Jamil shushes (Y/N) before she could thank him by lifting his finger to his lips before she nods to him silently in understood while Grim is wobbling next to their feet, wheezing and huffing heavily in exhaustion.

"... My throat is shredded. Kalim, give us water...!" Grim hoarsely pleads, however Kalim turns to him with the same stern cold glare.

"Give you water? You presume to order me around?" Kalim growls angrily and Grim shrieks in fear, hiding behind (Y/N)'s foot.

"I'm not your faucet! Get it from the Oasis if you're thirsty." Kalim spoke sternly and the other members are taken aback before looking around them.

"Get water from a dried up Oasis?" One of the upperclassmen spoke with confusion, utterly in disbelief.

"How much of a dictator can he be?" An underclassman added utterly shock.

"Seriously, what is going through his head?!" Another question him as they are utterly in disbelief and shock.

"We're alright. I planned for this and there's water with the camels. Make sure everyone gets some." Jamil spoke to them and pats their shoulder reassuringly.

"Thank you so much... We'd be better off with you as Dorm Leader." One of them thanks him and others nod in agreement when Jamil was taken aback, surprised.

"Ah!! Don't say anything reckless. You'd be in trouble if Kalim heard this." Jamil scolds them quietly, shushing the members quietly.

"But it's true." They protests as silently as they could when the others agree again, nodding vigorously.

"Long before things got this way, you did all the Dorm Leader stuff..." Another agrees and few who listen are also agreeing again.

"Shhh... That's the fate of those who serve... No, work for the Asim Family." Jamil confesses as he sighs heavily, then he turn back to them with a slight reassuring smile.

"Drink plenty of water while we rest. The afternoon sun is going to make the return trip worse." Jamil spoke again and the members were completely taken aback worriedly.

"ATTENTION! Break time is over! Get back in formation!" Kalim demands again and the others were forcibly obeying him as soon as he interrupts their breaks.

"Jamil-senpai, I-I... I really can't stay in this Dorm anymore." One of the residents complains as they'd sigh heavily.

"Me, either. I can't follow Dorm Leader any longer!" Another agrees, whining towards their Vice-Dorm Leader.

"How can you bear following his orders?!" Another complains too and that made both Jamil and (Y/N) turn towards them.

"Because... He is "Kalim Al-Asim"." Jamil only mutters, looking away in guilt with his fists tightly forming on his sides.

Upon seeing this made (Y/N) and the others taken aback surprisingly. The (H/C)-nette girl walk up to his side soon after she helped others drank plenty of water the others needed. Then, she slowly took his hand and squeezing it reassuringly.

"Um, Jamil-senpai? Do you say that, um... because you've been with him since you were little?" (Y/N) asks curiously and Jamil turns to look at her, slightly surprised before sighing again.