The Rebel from the Savannah: Chapter 05

3rd. Person's POV

"Magical... Shift Tournament...?" (Y/N) mumbles out loud innocently with her head tilted a bit while the boys behind her went utterly dumbfounded.

"What, (N/N), you don't know Magift?" Ace asks her too, slightly surprised before (Y/N) honestly nods and he's taken aback shockingly.

"It's famous around the world. There's a pro league and world cup, too." Deuce explains too while (Y/N) thought again, as if searching for a clue if she's familiar or not of the concept.

"I don't know either." Grim bluntly confesses before the boys behind them were sighing heavily in disbelief at them.

"Magical Shift, "Magift" for short, is a sport played by two teams of seven. Simply put, there's a disk that you have to throw through the other team's goal to score points. The team with most points wins." Ace explains as he took the initiative before  (Y/N) took a mental note and then hums again.

"Do you remember if you have ever playing one before, (N/N)?" Deuce asks her yet anxious for a reason but then for unfortunate, (Y/N) lightly shakes her head while frowning.

"Hmm. If that's really concerning considering losing most of your important memories, I'll look it up for a solution next time I'm in the library. It might even turn into a lead." Crowley reassures her immediately while petting her head slightly and (Y/N) meekly nods in reply.

"Hmm... But it might be hard for you to take part in the game of Magift, (N/N)." Ace said again while he's staring worriedly too before both Grim and (Y/N) turns to him, confused

"Why's that?" Grim ask him curiously while blinking dumbfounded.

"Magical Shift is a sport that uses magic. The disk is carried with magic. Defense and offense also use magic." Deuce agrees with Ace before the auburn-male vigorously nods too.

"How big a spectacle you can make with magic is also part of being a great player." Ace also added enthusiastically before (Y/N) was looking astonished too.

"Yes! That's why Night Raven College is known as a champion around the world! Countless alumni have gone on to be pro players!" Crowley exclaims proudly too while (Y/N) awkwardly chuckling of his antics, until he coughs up dry and composing.

"Ahem. So that's why Magift is just an athletic sport, but one that uses magic to compete as well. Our school's Inter-Dorm Magical Shift Tournament is attended by representatives of pro leagues and those from different magical industries around the world. The arena will be lined with food stalls and visitors from different countries will grace the stadium. It is a tournament that'll make your palms sweat and works the whole world into a huge frenzy thanks to the live broadcast TV cameras." Crowley explains before (Y/N) fully understands the concept and went astonished again.

"World-wide broadcast?! So if I play in that tournament, the whole world will be paying attention to me?!" Grim's exclaims brightly in excitement upon hearing the great news

"Certainly! Those who play in the tournament will, without a doubt, become popular with pro leagues and any number of sponsors." Crowley confirms and nodding in reply before Grim's grinning widely in joy again.

"In your case, Grim, I'd think they'd be more surprised by seeing a monster play." Deuce honestly comments before the grey-cat monster overjoyed again.

"Oh yeah! I'll start some special training today and stand out to everyone in that stadium!" Grim cheers again while (Y/N) chuckles then smiling proudly.

"Oh, but Grim-kun, you can't play at all." Crowley interrupts before Grim went utterly dumbfounded again while (Y/N) is blinking in shocked when they're turning to him, utterly in disbelief.

"Haven't I said "Inter-dorm" several times already? Your Dorm doesn't meet the seven person requirement, does it? So you can't even apply." Crowley added too and then a moment of silence interrupts afterwards, only shortly.

"EEEEEEHHH?! HOW CAN THAT BE!!!" Grim suddenly yelps loudly in utter disappointments with his both eyes widening.

"Selling drinks in the stands the day of, preparing the field for the tournament, there are many things that have to be done. Standing on the field as a player isn't the only role." Crowley replies bluntly and the Ramshackle Duo went taken aback.

"No way! NO WAY!! I wanna hear "Kyaa! Grim-kun is so cool!" and "Hey, did you see his super play?!" from the crowd as they all cheer for me!" Grim whines too while sobbing as (Y/N)'s starting comforted Grim, like a mother calming her crying baby in her arms.

"That's a pretty basic delusion..." Ace mumbles to himself while giving Grim a dead pan before Deuce interrupts by hitting the back of his head swiftly.

"Ahem! It can't be helped since you don't have enough people. You might have to give up on this year and hope that some freshmen get sorted into Ramshackle Dorm next year." Deuce reassures Grim while they're comforting him with (Y/N) as Ace winces in pain after his fellow Heartslabyul resident smack him on the head hard.

"I really must get back to work!" Crowley interrupts again before he beckoning them to leave while continues muttering incoherent words silently.

"You got my hopes for nothing, you jerk... Ffnaa..." Grim grumbles again and (Y/N) continue comforting him with her reassuring words along, with her gentle back pats.

Deuce is walking besides (Y/N) as he consoles Grim in the girl's cradled arms. Ace is glaring holes at his direction annoyed before he slams the door behind upon exiting the room last.

 Ace is glaring holes at his direction annoyed before he slams the door behind upon exiting the room last