The Merchant of the Deep Sea: Chapter 03

3rd. Person's POV

As soon as the class bells finally rings, all students of different classes went out of their classroom excitedly in hurry towards their bulletin board and its posts on the hallways.

Back again with the A-Deuce Duo and the Ramshackle Duo, they're all walking up to it hurriedly and excusing themselves as they're coming through the loud and hectic crowds.

"Is my name in the Top 50?!" Grim panics, went through rudely and (Y/N) apologizes to them sincerely while getting embarrassed of his antics.

"I've gotta be in top 50 if I get an average of above 90, right?!" Ace panics too and walking in, standing tall behind (Y/N) along with Deuce.

"Top Tenth, top Twentieth... I-I'm not there! Forty-eighth, Forty-ninth, Fiftieth... Nope, my name isn't there at all!!" Grim mumbles while searching with (Y/N) lifts him up, then sobbing disappointedly as (Y/N) comforts him with soothing head-pats.

"M-My name isn't there either..." Deuce frowns sadly too while standing besides Ace, shaking his head lightly in utter disbelief.

"Hold up a sec. On the top score list, they're written everyone's total scores next to their names..." Ace trails off, and their eyes went back at the highest scores of the first written names.

They're immediately looking up at the Top 50's list of names and they'd taken aback shockingly again upon seeing the results.

"THE TOP 30 PEOPLE ALL GOT A PERFECT SCORE OF 500!" Ace exclaims ultimately while Deuce went up looking over at the Top 30s and his eyes widens too.

"A P-PERFECT SCORE?!" Both Grim and Deuce shrieks shockingly while (Y/N)'s becoming utterly awestruck at the very announcement.

"Is it even possible for 30 people to get a perfect score?" (Y/N) thought out loud surprisingly, but then the navy-haired male found another name written among the Top 30th..

"Look here, (N/N)! You're one of the top scorers too!" Deuce beckons shockingly, causing (Y/N) to jolt in surprise and went over to peak through the Top 10.

While searching her written full name among the top scorers, Deuce and Ace helps out until finally they've finally found her name written below the other names. Many names are written there and few they've already known fully well.

Upon seeing (Y/N)'s clearly written below the Octavinelle's Dorm Leader's name, her utter surprised turns into utter curiosity while reading the person who's above hers.

"A... zul Ashen... grotto...?" (Y/N) mutters in her breath, carefully pronouncing their names with soft voice and becoming even more curious.

"More than that... If I'm not in the Top 50, I'm "breaking contract"!" Grim shrieks panicky while climbing up to Deuce's shoulder when they all turns to him, utterly confused and dumbfounded.

"Eh... Contract? Grim, did you..." Ace trails off confusedly, and soon his eyes widens in realization while taken aback.

"Ace, that face... did you..." Deuce reacts too surprisingly at Ace's reaction as well.

All of the sudden, something is just sprouting out on top of their heads as it unknowingly wiggles in slithery.

(Y/N) looks up to their heads curiously upon hearing squashing sounds out of nowhere, and her eyes blink few times in dumbfounded.

"Um, guys... Is that anemones on your heads...?" (Y/N) asks uncertainly, pointing at it a bit and the boys stare back to her confusedly.